PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know Duncan Hunter's positions

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 11:34 AM
I know he's the "build up a wall" guy, and that he's gung ho for war, but other than that, any idea of where he stands?

micahnelson
09-12-2007, 11:35 AM
I think he stands no chance of winning the "Pepsi Challenge" let alone a nomination.

He has been on the Michael Savage show though....

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 11:38 AM
I'm at his site now, he has an issues page, I'll learn what he's telling them there.

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 11:40 AM
:eek: Holy Shit!

This is a quote from his site, I've added the bolding:

"I support a balanced federal budget, with additional revenue provided by economic growth, not increased taxes. Further, I support limiting growth in non-defense areas."

That SOB is frightening.

:eek:

Kregener
09-12-2007, 11:50 AM
Hunter is just another "business as usual" politician.

Ron Paul is the ONLY exception to this rule. Period.

Eric21ND
09-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Can we stick a fork in Duncan Hunter yet? That guy is terrible...

SeanEdwards
09-12-2007, 03:17 PM
He was great in the last debate. Somebody asked him about Iran, and he said something like, "We have to think about the need for precision ground penetrating weapons systems."

WTF?

Is this guy a sales rep for Lockheed Martin, or a presidential candidate? The NEED for ground penetrating weapons? It sounded like a missile ad in search of an application.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 03:22 PM
he's a protectionist (real isolationist)
he is against drug legalization
against gay marriage / civil unions
status quo on health care
against abortion
war monger
neo con

he's pretty much a piece of shit ;) I'm tired of seeing his disgusting mug

libertarian4321
09-13-2007, 04:44 AM
My summation of Duncan Hunter's positions:

1. The Iraq war is GRRRRRREAT!
2. I was in the military.
3. The Iraq war is going swell.
4. My kid is in the military.
5. We must fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.
6. When do we bomb Iran?
7. See no. 1. Rinse. Repeat.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Duncan Hunter supports a police state. He introduced a bill to the House that resulted in the Posse Comitatus Act being rendered null and void.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

In early 2006, the 109th Congress passed a controversial bill which grants the President the right to commandeer Federal or even State National Guard Troops and use them inside the United States. This bill, entitled the John Warner Defense Appropriation Act for Fiscal Year 2007 (H.R. 5122.ENR), contains a provision, (Section 1076) which allows the President to:

“...employ the armed forces, including the National Guard in Federal service, to...

restore public order and enforce the laws of the United States when, as a result of a natural disaster, epidemic, or other serious public health emergency, terrorist attack or incident, or other condition in any State or possession of the United States..., where the President determines that,...domestic violence has occurred to such an extent that the constituted authorities of the State or possession are incapable of maintaining public order; suppress, in a State, any insurrection, domestic violence, unlawful combination, or conspiracy...” [3] Senator Patrick Leahy and others have condemned Section 1076 because it effectively nullifies the Posse Comitatus Act and the Insurrection Act (10 U.S.C. 331-335) and gives the President the legal ability to define under what conditions martial law may be declared. [4]

Note: H.R.5122 was introduced in the U.S. House of Representatives on April 6, 2006, as H.R.5122 by Rep. Duncan Hunter (R-CA).

sunny
09-13-2007, 07:13 AM
I know he's the "build up a wall" guy, and that he's gung ho for war, but other than that, any idea of where he stands?

who cares?

Eric21ND
09-13-2007, 07:38 AM
Duncan Hunter is the Military Industrial Complex in a suit.

adpierce
09-13-2007, 07:47 AM
My summation of Duncan Hunter's positions:

1. The Iraq war is GRRRRRREAT!
2. I was in the military.
3. The Iraq war is going swell.
4. My kid is in the military.
5. We must fight them there so we don't have to fight them here.
6. When do we bomb Iran?
7. See no. 1. Rinse. Repeat.

Nice summation!

MsDoodahs
09-13-2007, 08:23 AM
who cares?

I do, because I'm trying to sway existing older GOPers in my local area to consider RP.

I want to be fully ready to blow DH out of the water so they know he's not the right man for the job.

Duncan Hunter supports a police state. He introduced a bill to the House that resulted in the Posse Comitatus Act being rendered null and void.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Posse_Comitatus_Act

Thank you! That is an excellent one for me to print and have in my purse at the next meeting!

:)

jblosser
09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
Here in DFW we got to hear his canned speech several times in the last few weeks.

- Anti free trade, and we must make China "trade fairly" to prevent them from arming by "cheating at trade". By this he means we have to stpo our industrial production going over seas. He actually opens his speech with a mind-numbing antecdote about how hard it was to find a US producer of a particular chip his favorite bridge-destroying smart bombs use when the Swiss told us they wouldn't sell them to us anymore. He seems to have no awareness of what his beloved war in Iraq is doing to our economy or the submissive position it is putting us into with respect to China.

- He supports the UN but wants to "reform" it; this has been an important one here, as many older delegates have grilled him on why he doesn't want us out of the UN (a popular position among the GOP here).

- He is a civil liberties monster and sees no potential problems at all with realID or the USA PATRIOT act. He sponsored the MCA and is pictured clapping over W's shoulder during the signing.

- On health care, his answer was that we need to let people pick insurance companies across state lines because this will supposedly stop the "major" problem of people lobbying their states to require insurance for arbitrary things like acupuncture to be required in every policy. He has no awareness that this would just push the lobbying to the national level and lock people in even more.

- He was asked once how he would get us out of McCain-Feingold and his response was "the democrats love that too much, it's a democrat trap... they'll never let us out of it, they'll just filibuster us in the Senate". The crowd really turned on him on that one and he tried to say he'd "do what he could" but it was a great example of how few answers he has in his head.

- He is huge on his fence, he carries a copy of the law around in his pocket. He whines and whines how Homeland security isn't building it even though the law requires it. He has no discussion of what he would do after the fence is built; he believes it's the final solution and makes fun of anyone suggesting it would not hold forever. He also gets into annoying detail about how it is specified as a two-wall fence with this and that feature and a road down the middle that the border patrol officers can go up and down very fast in their little patrol cars (every time I hear this it makes the Monty Python shrubbery sketch pop into my head, "a little path down the middle; a path! a path!"). He doesn't even think it's a problem that the fence bill only puts a fence in current high-traffic areas and leaves the rest of the border open.

- He gets strong ratings on gun control but seems to only understand firearms for hunting. He likes to make jokes about a "hunter in the white house".

- On environmental questions he talks about hunting in Alaska and seeing the caribou "rub their rear ends on the pipeline, it doesn't bother them at all, that has had no effect on big game in Alaska". So his perception of environmental impact is only tied to how it affects big game hunting. He actually moved on to answer the question with calls for more US drilling.

His favorite tactic is definitely to talk about his kid in Iraq and his grandkids saying cute things about Iraq and his candidacy.

His supporters try to paint him as Ron Paul but pro-war, but his record is nothing like this. He is no federalist, he is a big government, anti-liberty tool who likes to blow things up. We give him full props for doing the work to get the chickenhawks here to vote for him but it was refreshing to see him lose so badly in MD and the last debate.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-13-2007, 11:44 AM
I do, because I'm trying to sway existing older GOPers in my local area to consider RP.

I want to be fully ready to blow DH out of the water so they know he's not the right man for the job.

Thank you! That is an excellent one for me to print and have in my purse at the next meeting!

:)

There's this girl called "metalheadlatino" on youtube, she's the only Hunter supporter I ever met lol. We have been literally calling each other names for months through the messaging service. :D she keeps on spamming candidate videos with her stuff.... then she calls RP a liberal and such