PDA

View Full Version : Wheat prices double in months?

Johnnybags
09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
Gotta love the FED and Congress, finance the war thru inflation, there is no drought. These guys should be hung from the Statue of Liberty. Traitors. Lets just kill the middle class. Pumping 100's of billions into the black hole of war and insolvent banks.

Electric Church
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
Gotta love the FED and Congress, finance the war thru inflation, there is no drought. These guys should be hung from the Statue of Liberty. Traitors. Lets just kill the middle class. Pumping 100's of billions into the black hole of war and insolvent banks.

Very well put....it's total insanity

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 11:05 AM
It's hit an alltime high, right?

lucius
09-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Very spooky, supplies at 47 year lows... here is a previous post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=28134&postcount=2

ChooseLiberty
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
Depends on who you are. For the NYC money boys, the defense industry, the oil industry, the homeland spying (security) industry and big gvt - things are going very well indeed.

Do you honestly think they are concerned with the sheeple? The sheeple exist to be bred, fleeced,and roasted .

Very well put....it's total insanity

LibertyBelle
09-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Reason wheat is high, cut and pasted from very long web page:

So, how will they cause a shortage of both food grains and livestock to eat? Oh, by the same manner: the animals that we eat, eat the same grains that we eat; so if you cut off the grains you also also cause the meat animals to be cut off. The end result is that without grain products we have neither bread nor meat. And "they" are currently displacing the food grain harvest with the bio-fuel grain harvest. In other words, as one observer put it:

Corn is the new money crop because of e85 ethanol.

Be prepared for the price of all other products (Flour, potatoes, etc) to go through the roof because of short supply. Many farmers did not plant winter-wheat last fall, with full intentions to fallow their acreage so that they could get lots of corn in this spring, and hopefully take advantage of the $3.50 - $4.00 per bushel corn market. Of course, this is depleting the wheat stockpiles and driving up prices.

In other words, farmers who would normally be growing food for livestock and humans are instead using that land to grow food for bio-fuel. The result is that there will be plenty of E-85 Ethanol fuel (made from fermented grains) for the flex-fuel cars—and no food for humans, nor for the cows, pigs, etc. that are consumed by humans—perfectly engineered famine. And it is all in the name of the (false) so-called "Man-Made Global Warming" frenzy. And as we see in the below, the problem is very real, it is upon us now, and it isn't just in America, but rather it is going global:

...[as of July 25, 2007] The world is in the early months of the greatest sustained rise in grain prices, for all major grains including maize, wheat, rice that we have seen in three decades. Those three crops constitute almost 90% of all grains cultivated in the world. ...What’s driving this extraordinary change? ...The official reason is to “reduce dependency on imported oil,” as well as cutting unwanted “greenhouse gas” emissions.

...The heart of the plan is a huge, taxpayer subsidized expansion of use of bio-ethanol for transport fuel. B]To make certain it will happen, farmers and big agribusiness giants like ADM or David Rockefeller get generous taxpayer [/B]subsidies [i.e., they get their bribe monies back—paid for by the taxpayers that elected the corrupt Congressmen who take the bribes, er, campaign contributions] to grow corn for fuel instead of food.

...In short, [I]the use of farmland worldwide for bio-ethanol and other bio-fuels—burning the food product rather than using it for human or animal food—is being treated in Washington, Brazil and other major centers, including the EU [entire 10 European Union states], as a major new growth industry.

It appears to this writer that they are setting up conditions for the forced-famine stage of their world-hegemony schemes.

Manible
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM

I personally blame it on meat-eating, 70 soemthing percent of the wheat crop goes to rasing animals which we eat. Only they generally produce only 1-15% returns in actual food-stuffs.

m4ff3w
09-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I personally blame it on meat-eating, 70 soemthing percent of the wheat crop goes to rasing animals which we eat. Only they generally produce only 1-15% returns in actual food-stuffs.

But they are so yummy.

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 05:28 PM
on cnbc today they were talking about moving away form ethanol and corn by using cellulose so they didnt compete with food supplies...dont know much about it . Discuss.

LibertyBelle
09-12-2007, 05:51 PM

I don't know if you are kidding or not, but if not, it doesn't make sense. Many farmers traded growing wheat for corn. Less wheat, increased price. The reduction in crops is naturally going to raise the price. The last time wheat was around this price was 1973, can't blame it on the animals. They were around then, too.

As for the cellulose thing, who exactly is saying that? Gov't people?

max
09-12-2007, 07:06 PM

During the decline of the Roman Empire, the Emperors had trouble paying for the welfare schemes and the cost of Empire. Because Gold and silver was currency...they couldnt just print money.

So what did they do? They diluted the coins by mixing in some inferior metals...say 95% gold and 5% nickel for example. But you cant fool the market! Prices began to rise because the currency was debased.

Emperor Diocletian had a solution...PRICE CONTROLS!...(Nixon did the same thing after he took us off the Gold Standard in the early 70's).

Shortgages follow "price controls" like night follows day. How much do you wanna bet that within the next few years, we will be hearing condemnation of "price gougers" and calls for "price controls."

The American mob will eat it up...just like the Roman mob did. The only difference is that while the Romans were distracted by Gladiator games...we are distracted by ballgames.

Chester Copperpot
09-12-2007, 07:11 PM
During the decline of the Roman Empire, the Emperors had trouble paying for the welfare schemes and the cost of Empire. Because Gold and silver was currency...they couldnt just print money.

So what did they do? They diluted the coins by mixing in some inferior metals...say 95% gold and 5% nickel for example. But you cant fool the market! Prices began to rise because the currency was debased.

Emperor Diocletian had a solution...PRICE CONTROLS!...(Nixon did the same thing after he took us off the Gold Standard in the early 70's).

Shortgages follow "price controls" like night follows day. How much do you wanna bet that within the next few years, we will be hearing condemnation of "price gougers" and calls for "price controls."

The American mob will eat it up...just like the Roman mob did. The only difference is that while the Romans were distracted by Gladiator games...we are distracted by ballgames.

Very True MAx. AS a side note its been said that if 100% of our country's corn production went solely for ethanol it would only supply 7% of our nation's gasoline demand. Ethanol is a bunch of bunk.

constituent
09-12-2007, 07:41 PM
wheat is poison and it really should be avoided at all costs.

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 07:48 PM

Gluten freedom!!!!!!!!

max
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM

I dont know about it being "poison"...but i would be interested to hear why you diss wheat

LibertyBelle
09-12-2007, 08:34 PM
I dont know about it being "poison"...but i would be interested to hear why you diss wheat

It's hard for your body to digest, causes inflammation, and makes your endocrine system work too hard for some examples. Of course, white flour products are even worse for your health.

The grains I do eat are oats and wild or brown rice. BUT, from what I've read....lots of rice is genetically altered now. Ughhhh! Check this website out, is excellent education about diet/foods:

http://www.westonaprice.org/index.html

Electric Church
09-12-2007, 08:43 PM
The grains I do eat are oats and wild or brown rice. BUT, from what I've read....lots of rice is genetically altered now. Ughhhh! Check this website out, is excellent education about diet/foods:

I've heard that the USDA gave the green light to produce rice by taking human genes from saliva and breast milk and splicing it into the rice genes to prevent diarrhea. mmmm sounds yummy.

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 09:47 PM
I've heard that the USDA gave the green light to produce rice by taking human genes from saliva and breast milk and splicing it into the rice genes to prevent diarrhea. mmmm sounds yummy.

Sound slike a good use of time and taxpayer money - cuz everyone gets diareah form rice????

Anyway - i eat sprouted grain breads - not totally gluten free but good for you....and for me no inflammation - I am borderline celiac......