PDA

View Full Version : (Neocon) FreeRepublic.com is Against Ron Paul

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 10:37 AM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1895268/posts

Kregener
09-12-2007, 10:50 AM
I am stucking funned.

Freepers lost their credibility back in the late 90's.

davidhperry
09-12-2007, 10:53 AM
That's not a freerepublic.com article - it's pasted from the Seattle PI newspaper.

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 11:01 AM
That's not a freerepublic.com article - it's pasted from the Seattle PI newspaper.

I'm talking about the comments.

Green Mountain Boy
09-12-2007, 11:06 AM
Apparantly moonbat is the "cool" word to use when talking about Ron Paul. That and "Loon." They must get Freeper points or something whenever they use them.

angelatc
09-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Well, since they can't make their points using logic it is obviously necessary to resort to name calling.

nullvalu
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Moonbat is a negative term attach to liberals.. They think RP is liberal? Just because he's against this war.. ignorance prevails..

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
Yeah, I wanted to see their logic against Ron Paul and their name calling. I'm disappointed.

Reason and Logic will not win them over.

Bossobass
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
This link is to the elementary school class that Bush visited on 9/11, right?

Bosso

ARealConservative
09-12-2007, 11:19 AM
freepers can't debate their way out of a wet paper bag.

The leader, Jim Robinson, is the biggest moron of them all.

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Look, one person over there actually supports the Constitution! Wow!

It never ceases to amaze me how Republicans claim to be the Party of the Constitution, the Party of States Rights, the Party of Small Government, the Party of Personal Liberty, the Party of Fiscal Responsibility, ... and how they continually bitch about the Democrats abusing the Constitution, and expanding the Constitution, ... but when a true constitutionalist emerges in their midst, someone who has throughout his political career voted in strict support of the Constitution, they can do nothing but bash him and his supporters. I guess it demonstrates just how two-faced some Republicans can be.

LibertyOfOne
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with it. They will just ban you for no reason.

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 11:30 AM
I wouldn't waste my time with it. They will just ban you for no reason.

I thought about joining, but you're right. One post from me being against the Iraq war would get me banned.

wsc321
09-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Speaking of name-calling: I would hate to make my living producing examples of community-driven content (e.g. Digg comments, forums, blogs or blog comments, etc) that is both against Ron Paul and, at the same time moral. I'm totally serious: everywhere I turn the opposition to Ron Paul is either constantly charged with some form of name calling or hatred. It's unbelievable, really, and a sad commentary on part of American culture.

The other night at our meetup we had a visitor that is supporting John Edwards. He was totally cool: a friendly guy that mentioned he liked Ron Paul "a lot", and gave us a few ideas to help him. IOW: he seemed to be rooting for RP on the Republican side, even though he'd vote Edwards in a head-to-head.

Kudos to that guy, but what a SHAME among conservatives. Isn't it?

One person's suggestion: RP supporters should be extra careful to avoid name-calling, etc, in online debates. We don't need it, and we don't want it. We can win debates with reason and honor.

FrankRep
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
One person's suggestion: RP supporters should be extra careful to avoid name-calling, etc, in online debates. We don't need it, and we don't want it. We can win debates with reason and honor.

Ron Paul set a great example with Bill O'Reilly with that you're saying. Ron could have got upset, but he kept him cool and stayed respectful. That takes a strong man to do so. Amazing.