PDA

View Full Version : Interview of Victor Gold by Bill Bill Moyers

thomj76
09-12-2007, 10:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQDwHPSF5A

I highly recommend this. This is the first part of an interview of Victor Gold by Bill Moyers. You can find this 2nd and 3rd part fairly easily in the related videos section.

Mr. Gold has written a book entitled:

Invasion of the Party Snatchers: How the Neo-Cons and Holy Rollers Destroyed the GOP

Book Description
After four decades as a Republican insider, Victor Gold reveals how the holy-rollers and the Neo-Cons have destroyed the GOP. Now he's fighting to get his party back. As a man who served as press aide to Barry Goldwater and speechwriter and senior advisor to George H. W. Bush (in addition to coauthoring his autobiography), Victor Gold is absolutely furious that the Neo-Cons and their strange bedfellows, the Evangelical Right, have stolen his party from him. Now he is bringing the fight to them. Invasion of the Party Snatchers is a blistering critique not only of the Bush-Cheney administration but also of the Republican Congress. Gold is ready to tell all about the war being waged for the soul of the GOP, including the elder Bush's opinion of his son's work domestically and abroad, the significance of the newly elected Congress, and how Goldwater would have reacted to it all. Gold reveals, among other explosive disclosures, how George W. has been manipulated by his vice president and secretary of defense to become, in Lenin's famous phrase, a "useful idiot" for Neo-Conservative warmongers and Theo-Conservative religious fanatics. Although there have been other books by dissident Republicans attacking the Bush-Cheney administration's betrayal of conservative principles, none have been by an insider whose political credentials include inner-circle status with Barry Goldwater and George H. W. Bush.

About the Author
Victor Gold was a speechwriter for Bush Sr. and was a prominent Goldwater disciple. He is a personal friend of the Bush family and many other prominent politicians. His previous books include Looking Forward, the autobiography of George H. W. Bush, and a satirical fiction, The Body Politic, coauthored with Lynne Cheney. He is national correspondent for Washingtonian magazine."

Earnestly Submitted,

Christopher F. Dillard

thomj76
09-12-2007, 02:20 PM
This is an important piece of literature and I highly recommend this 3 part series interview.

Ergo; Natty Bumpo is in efect :)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 02:34 PM
great video.

American
09-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Good video, Dick Cheney is a AIPAC Shill

purplechoe
09-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Damn it, I want my country back. This '08 election is going to be very important for the future of our country. Let's get Dr. Paul into the oval office!

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 04:06 PM
Damn it, I want my country back. This '08 election is going to be very important for the future of our country. Let's get Dr. Paul into the oval office!

Hey havent i seen you on teh Obama forums?;)

thomj76
09-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Bump