PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Daily Show and Stephen Colbert

Marc Scott Emery
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Our rising political star and beloved Presidential candidate Dr. Ron Paul will be the guest of Jon Stewart on The Daily Show Monday, June 4 and on The Stephen Colbert Show on Wednesday, June 13, both episodes are being taped at Comedy Central Studios in New York City.

The Daily Show this week is all re-runs, so Monday, June 4 is the beginning of new programming, so I think there will be a very good television audience for Dr. Paul.

Supporters of Ron Paul are urged to greet Dr. Paul in front of the Comedy Central Studios and get inside the Daily Show and Stephen Colbert as part of the audience by waiting for stand-by tickets at 4.00 p.m. outside the Comedy Central Studios. Dr. Paul will arrive between 5.00 p.m. and 6.00 p.m. All tickets for both tapings are already long gone, but if anyone does not show up to confirm their tickets, they are released to stand-by.

Comedy Central Studios are at:

Address:
513 West 54th St
New York, NY
Phone: (212) 767-8600

Cross Street:
11th Ave

In Canada, The Daily Show is aired four times daily on CTV and The Comedy Channel. CTV is basic network television, so almost as many Canadians watch the Daily Show and Colbert as the number of Americans who get the two shows on pay cable (viewers = 1 - 1.3 million in Canada, 1.5 - 2 million in USA).

Thank you to everyone who badgered The Daily Show and the Colbert Report to get Dr. Paul on these programs.

angelatc
05-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Hey I know that name! Very cool to think that I belong to a forum that has Marc Scott Emery as a member.

Everybody, if you don't know who he is, you should read up on him. He is a Canadian who was arrested on Canadian soil for breaking US drug laws. His "crime" is not really even considered an offense in Canada because the law is so rarely enforced.

He faces a life sentence if he is successfully extradited.

aknappjr
05-30-2007, 09:22 PM
NYC - MEET RON PAUL AT DAILY SHOW

Come MEET Dr. Paul and maybe get your picture taken with him this monday June 4th in NYC

4 p.m. sharp (he'll be there sometime after). Come after work if you absolutely can't make it...we'll still be around.

Bring signs/shirts; anything that will make Dr. Paul even more appealing to Americans.

Daily Show Studios, 733 11th Avenue, between 51st and 52nd st in midtown New York.

Contact me for questions.

Try to get tickets this Friday (to get inside): http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/the_daily_show/tickets/tickets.jhtml

BRING YOUR FRIENDS! WE NEED PEOPLE TO COME and support and meet Dr. Paul!

Marc Scott Emery
06-01-2007, 03:38 AM
I think its likely Jon Stewart will give Dr. Paul room to explain his view on the Iraq War, appropriate foreign relations, Rudy Giuliani especially. The Daily Show is a New York show. Stewart himself was greatly affected by the 9/11 attack, crying on the return show. I think Stewart, who almost usually lobs softballs to all political guests, will want to probe a bit at Dr. Paul's vision for America and his strict allegiance to the Constitution. And whether Dr. Paul said "invite" -he did not, it was the Fox News moderator and Mr. Giuliani who used the term. One of the curveballs Stewart could throw would be about the 16th Amendment, the Income Tax, which was fraudulently appended to the Constution, and this is Dr. Paul's view. Dr. Paul's Constitution is by and large The Bill of Rights (Amendments 1 - 10).

Stewart will agree with Dr. Paul in principles, I'm sure, its how Dr. Paul responds in a partisan New York studio, a New York host, when the match-up, is, let's face it, Giuliani, Hero of New York City vs. Dr. Ron Paul, sensible Congressman.

My hope is that Ron Paul emphasizes his vision for America on the June 5th debate, and does so also on Jon Stewart's Daily Show on June 4th, the advantage of a non-interventionist foreign policy. My feeling is, the more Dr. Paul talks and is contrasted with the other Presidential candidates, the better for his campaign. He must stay the course of upbraiding Giuliani for being uneducated on a prudent foreign policy. If Giuliani and Paul begin to be adversaries throughout the campaign, it will certainly profit Dr. Paul, and perhaps, in a rout for us, Giuliani too. In a pack of ten Republicans, soon to be 11 or 12, its going to be a fight to keep donations coming and that's where appealing to your base --- for both Rudy Giuliani and Ron Paul --- keeps your campaign alive with money and an army of faithful. June 5 is going to be exciting to see how the other 9 will deal with the true elephant in the room!

Good luck and thank you Dr. Paul for representing liberty in the most gentlemanly, dignified, intelligent, and sincere warm manner possible. You are a blessing to us.

Gee
06-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Stewart will agree with Dr. Paul in principles, I'm sure...
Even if he doesn't, I don't think Stewart will pass up the chance to take shots at the administration or the GOP.

angelatc
06-01-2007, 06:24 AM
I'm more worried about Colbert. Colbert talks fast and interrupts a lot. Message aside, it could make him look soft.

DjLoTi
06-01-2007, 06:43 AM
Colbert is hilarious. I'm sure it'll be funny. He doesn't talk over every guest he has.

AlexAmore
06-01-2007, 08:04 AM
I'm more worried about Colbert. Colbert talks fast and interrupts a lot. Message aside, it could make him look soft.

I'm worried too. Colbert twists and spins every word and sentence someone says. He makes people look flustered.:(

mordechai
06-01-2007, 08:22 AM
Hopefully, Colbert won't be too bad. Colbert likes to to political satire, and I think (mainly because Colbert is anti-war), he will actually make Paul look really good. (Granted, I could be wrong)

UCFGavin
06-01-2007, 08:29 AM
I think one of the misconceptions that people have of Rudy is that New York supports him. I have a couple friends from New York and they can't stand him. One works with the fire department. I think the only people that support Mr. Giuliani are New Yorkers that haven't actually lived there since hes been there.

maggiebott
06-01-2007, 08:43 AM
Ron Paul needs this exposure. I noticed that c-span leans heavily to show speeches by Clinton, Romney and Obama, especially this past long weekend.

mtbaird5687
06-01-2007, 08:49 AM
I'm worried about Colbert because I want to make sure Ron knows that he (Colbert) is mainly satire. Its always embarassing when a politician goes on the show and believes Colbert is 100% genuine with his comments.