PDA

View Full Version : How the media would have spun the economy if Ron Paul was RP candidate

Elwar
01-16-2009, 09:52 AM
Ok, I think a lot of us think that had Ron Paul been the Republican Party candidate that he would've pwned Obama because the economy is his biggest strength.

Then I thought about it. The media would actually be blaming Ron Paul for the failed economy. They would say that because of all of his talks about the Federal Reserve and the negativity about the banking system, that he was causing the destabilization of the banks and that it was his fault for the crisis that we are in.

Back in the 2000 election the economy was starting to tank. I remember hearing news reports saying that it was George Bush's fault because Bush was campaigning talking about a weak economy and how he was going to fix it.

Maybe it's a mixed blessing only in a PR sense that Ron Paul wasn't the RP candidate. Though he was the only one who could have fixed it, but don't tell them that.

acptulsa
01-16-2009, 10:02 AM
No doubt they would have tried to do this. But would they have been able to succeed? I think we'd have pwned them if they tried it. And with the issue front and center, that would have been a major complication to them.

I'll just bet you they're relieved that their initial gambit worked and the rest never came up...