PDA

View Full Version : Secure Fence Act 2006 urgent help

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
i have a guy named Kafir spreading lies on the seattle post ,i need to know since he said he voted for this bill,that Ron Paul is for building a fence.i need help.i havent heard ron paul say he wanted a fence can some give me some help on this issue. if Ron Paul wants to build a fence then this worries me,help anyone so i can finish my rebuttal post feel free to give your 00.02 cents for this guy,be nice ,peace kenny

heres the story

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/connelly/331321_joel12.html

leave comments here and thank the writer of the story;)

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/soundoff/comment.asp?articleID=331321

Santana28
09-12-2007, 09:44 AM
i'm not positive but i do think he supported building a fence. but obviously he doesn't believe that is the solution to anything ultimately... he's more worried about ending the welfare and entitlements that draw and keep illegals here in the first place.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
It's not gonna change my vote on Ron Paul,but i would like to know because many dont like the fence idea ,like me and that guy on the post and im sure more.

I truly believe that workable green cards would do the job and somehow stop the business from hiring illegals.A fence is a joke,anyone here think a fence would work ,go to san diego,it was a waste of money,our money.

Id love a good clarification on this issue,please,if anyone knows 100% sure ,this is a big issue to many voters.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
i'm not positive but i do think he supported building a fence. but obviously he doesn't believe that is the solution to anything ultimately... he's more worried about ending the welfare and entitlements that draw and keep illegals here in the first place.

anyone else know 100% sure? this is a big issue with folks and even though i support RON PAUL,im totally against a fence and this could be a wedge issue that needs to be clairified

anyone want to help address this guys post on the article above,please jump in ok:)

Santana28
09-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Yeah, its a waste of money... i agree completely. But its better than doing nothing i guess?

I'm just tired of Bush and Co. acting like a stupid fence is going to save the country from the "scourge" of illegals.

If they truly wanted to keep people out, we'd have motion-senor mounted machine guns on our border like they do at the DMZ. And THATS not gonna happen, and rightly not. But it just goes to show they're not serious about it.

I doubt the fence will ever be completed honestly.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Yeah, its a waste of money... i agree completely. But its better than doing nothing i guess?

I'm just tired of Bush and Co. acting like a stupid fence is going to save the country from the "scourge" of illegals.

If they truly wanted to keep people out, we'd have motion-senor mounted machine guns on our border like they do at the DMZ. And THATS not gonna happen, and rightly not. But it just goes to show they're not serious about it.

I doubt the fence will ever be completed honestly.

I'd rather put some troops on the border,then this fence idea,if you walk the fence on our border now it looks like,the fences in a suburb in any city,aka holes everywhere climbing ropes and etc so the fence is a useless idea.(WASTE OF MONEY)

lucius
09-12-2007, 10:05 AM
I believe he said that he voted for it, but the fence was the least of the reasons.

OT, but I heard a Special Forces Colonel speak and he said that sealing our Southern border without a fence, which I agree with because a fence interferes with wild animal habitats and property rights, would require three weeks, 15,000 personnel and be humane. Then start enforcing the ‘The Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986’ (IRCA) that is already on the books, which specifies fines up to $10,000 per occurrence and/or six months in prison for hiring an illegal alien. Any deportations go deep into Mexico similar to what Eisenhower did to Vera Cruz—this problem is solvable.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 10:49 AM
Ok i got post answered in a civil matter:) but if anyone else wants to leave a comment here,id love to hear,this is a wedge issue that needs clarification for many other voters,thanks kenny

Elwar
09-12-2007, 01:48 PM
He spoke about this at the second debates. He voted for the bill that included building a fence, but he said that was not the reason he voted for the bill.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:53 PM
its very funny how we all disagree on things.. I say build a HUGE FENCE!!! 10 feet thick, and 50 feet tall... with entry points.... -

michaelwise
09-12-2007, 02:09 PM
I think building a fence along the entire border wherever possible, would be more cost effective, that is, less personnel would be needed to patrol the border, over the long run, costing the tax payer less in wages and benefits.

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
It's not gonna change my vote on Ron Paul,but i would like to know because many dont like the fence idea ,like me and that guy on the post and im sure more.

I truly believe that workable green cards would do the job and somehow stop the business from hiring illegals.A fence is a joke,anyone here think a fence would work ,go to san diego,it was a waste of money,our money.

Id love a good clarification on this issue,please,if anyone knows 100% sure ,this is a big issue to many voters.
Your wrong

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control
by Ted Robbins
on the NPR site

E
Morning Edition, April 6, 2006 · As Congress looks to revamp immigration policy, some lawmakers are pushing to extend fencing along the U.S. border with Mexico. Proposals range from beefing up existing fences in Arizona to constructing new fences that would span 700 miles. Those advocating expanded fencing already have a model they can look to: a fence the federal government built more than a decade ago along a 14-mile-stretch in San Diego, Calif., that borders Tijuana, Mexico.

Before the fence was built, all that separated that stretch of Mexico from California was a single strand of cable that demarcated the international border.

Back then, Border Patrol agent Jim Henry says he was overwhelmed by the stream of immigrants who crossed into the United States illegally just in that sector.

"It was an area that was out of control," Henry says. "There were over 100,000 aliens crossing through this area a year."

Today, Henry is assistant chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego sector. He says apprehensions here are down 95 percent, from 100,000 a year to 5,000 a year, largely because the single strand of cable marking the border was replaced by double -- and in some places, triple -- fencing.

The first fence, 10 feet high, is made of welded metal panels. The second fence, 15 feet high, consists of steel mesh, and the top is angled inward to make it harder to climb over. Finally, in high-traffic areas, there's also a smaller chain-link fence. In between the two main fences is 150 feet of "no man's land," an area that the Border Patrol sweeps with flood lights and trucks, and soon, surveillance cameras.

"Here in San Diego, we have proven that the border infrastructure system does indeed work," Henry says. "It is highly effective."Rancher Carol Kimsey, who lives in a valley near the Pacific Ocean on the U.S.-side of the fence, says the border barrier has improved the quality of life in the area.

"It was pretty seriously bad," she recalls of the prefence days. "They were tearing up everything. They'd just go through fences. They didn't care."

Kimsey says life is more peaceful now, despite the Border Patrol helicopters circling nearby. This is still an active smuggling route, especially for drugs. A stretch of border where there's only one fence is referred to as Smugglers' Gulch. The Border Patrol is moving forward with plans to add a second fence there as well as along the last 3.5 miles to the ocean, which had been held up by years of litigation over environmental concerns.

One kind of proposed fence, surveillance cameras that detect motion and that are open to any volunteers on the internet to watch

http://www.gonomad.com/readuponit/uploaded_images/Fence_Idea-728196.jpg.

speciallyblend
09-13-2007, 05:18 AM
It's a waste of money,and Ron Paul will lose votes,he will not lose mine,though i disagree,maybe you need to go to san diego sometime,the fence doesnt stop crap,waste of money..
The fact is legal green cards and shutting down or fining companys who hire illegals will work better then any fence.

Lets donate your whole paycheck to building the fence since its so great,just dont use my paycheck ,use yours,since its such a great idea,it doesnt work in southern california or they wouldnt have to put illegal crossing signs on interstates,this issue will lose votes all over the democrats side as well as economic conservatives

stating im wrong with no debate just means Ron Paul will lose votes,you will have to do better then that,the fact is you need to walk the fence line on the southern border,its a joke and that was millions if not billions wasted and the idea is build more and waste billions,this is a joke,the only way to end the illegal problem is to educate them to get green cards instead of spending more for coyotes and punish the companys that hire them,if you dont stop that,no fence is gonna stop illegals coming,it hasnt in san diego,so i doubt it will work anywhere else.. once again the fence doesnt stop illegals there are holes everywhere and i believe they said it would cost millions to repair,then of course more holes,ropes/tunnels will pop up every year etc,the fence simply doesnt work,wheres your proof it works?? like i said walk the fence line,looks like any typical farm fence in most places with holes and breaks in the fence which will cost us millions a year to try to patch.It's a catch 22 and its costly and already doesnt work in san diego,where u have to worry about hitting illegals on the roads more then another car,yeah it works great ha. i guess republicans seem to love to spend lots of wasteful money on projects that already fail hmmm sounds more like a big goverment funded program to me

nexalacer
09-13-2007, 05:57 AM
speciallyblend... two words... spaces and periods... thanks.

ButchHowdy
09-13-2007, 06:13 AM
Are we really fence people? Isn't a fence antithetical to the principles of liberty and a free people?

Paraphrasing Ron Paul, if our economy was better, we'd be quite amicable to more migrant helpers.

Man from La Mancha
09-13-2007, 06:28 AM
It's a waste of money,and Ron Paul will lose votes,he will not lose mine,though i disagree,maybe you need to go to san diego sometime,the fence doesnt stop crap,waste of money..
The fact is legal green cards and shutting down or fining companys who hire illegals will work better then any fence.

It appears from the article that it does help but none the less that is a partial solution. Stop all welfare to illegals and arrest and jail all who hire them plus establish a good worker program would be the 1st line of defense, but good fences make good neighbors.

noxagol
09-13-2007, 06:54 AM
He did vote for that bill, but he said that the fence was the weakest part of it. He said that we need to end the incentives for why the come over here. This is from one of the earlier debates.