PDA

View Full Version : Kids

Mahkato
01-15-2009, 10:17 PM
Do you think it's a good or bad idea for people to have kids right now, seeing as how the U.S. government seems to be determined to drag us all around in the cesspool of poverty and oppression for at least a few years?

Do children represent hope for the future? Are they an investment in human capital, so to speak, for one's waning years (since SS and/or the dollar may be worthless in 20+ years)? Or are they just another mouth to feed in what may well be a difficult decade?

Optimist or pessimist?

Brassmouth
01-15-2009, 10:58 PM
I wouldn't right now. The future is too uncertain.

BuddyRey
01-15-2009, 11:08 PM
The world needs a lot more freedom-lovers. Ron Paul people are the last group I would encourage to stop breeding! :D

ghengis86
01-15-2009, 11:08 PM
good or bad, sometimes you can't always plan on having, or not having, children.

i tend to be optimistic. if you're a liberty/freedom lover, and raise your progeny accordingly, they can be a great asset to the cause. on the other hand, if they are raised in the boobus americanus fashion, they are definitely a liability.

if you are prepared for the responsibilities of children (food, medical care, protection, education) and can handle accordingly, i don't see how they can be anything but an asset. we'll need a generation of patriots after we all pass on (its inevitable that you die, FYI). if you're ill prepared and can't handle another 'mouth to feed', let alone raise, then yes it is a bad idea.

edit: buddy rey is right; ron paulers, freedom lovers and patriots should be the ones reproducing like rabbits. if we can't change minds, we'll breed our way into the majority!

misterx
01-15-2009, 11:18 PM
This is why the world is populated with idiots. Intelligent people plan things, and never reproduce unless everything is perfect. It's time to reverse this process of dysgenics. If you're intelligent, it's never a bad time to have kids, you will be doing the world a huge favor.

Kotin
01-15-2009, 11:23 PM
This is why the world is populated with idiots. Intelligent people plan things, and never reproduce unless everything is perfect. It's time to reverse this process of dysgenics. If you're intelligent, it's never a bad time to have kids, you will be doing the world a huge favor.

yes.. the ol' intelligent slut as it were...

I recommend this for you, Matt Collins.

best of luck.

heavenlyboy34
01-15-2009, 11:26 PM
I think it would be better to wait a year or two before having new kids. Adopting is good now, tho, I reckon.

tropicangela
01-15-2009, 11:37 PM
Things are never perfect. None of us gets out of here alive no matter how good they are. Things are bad now, they've been bad before. Do what you feel is right for you at the time.

Nyte
01-16-2009, 12:25 AM
Before I had my first child, I had many of the same thoughts. But now I can't imagine a world without my 1-yr old son.

When ever I find myself getting discouraged, I just think about him and I remember my responsibility to make sure he has a chance to live his life as a free man.

Don't let the problems our fathers left for us prevent you from appreciating one of the greatest blessings of your life.

Ready2Revolt
01-16-2009, 01:21 AM

You sound like you would enjoy the movie "Idiocracy" although it has some low brow humor. Plot goes like this, Smart people don't breed enogh cause of the conditions, people with lower IQ outbreed them and take over the world since "Only the strong will survive" no longer applies. Great satire by the guy who brought you office space.

Theocrat
01-16-2009, 01:32 AM
I tend to follow the mandate in Genesis 1:28 where it states, "And God blessed them, and God said unto them, 'Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the fowl of the air and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.'" Children are a blessing from God, and the future of any healthy civilization is the abundance of a generation's posterity. If the Gospel is to be spread into all the world and the nations are to be discipled under the dominion of God, then children are a necessity to that most blessed and holy end. After all, this world belongs to God and His children for a perpetual inheritance through Jesus Christ, the Messiah and Mediator of our souls.

AJ Antimony
01-16-2009, 01:33 AM

Idiocracy.

Kludge
01-16-2009, 01:51 AM
Procreation is selfish. Go adopt, if you can afford it, have the time, and really want one (or a few...).

Philmanoman
01-16-2009, 01:59 AM
I want to be a new age slut.