PDA

View Full Version : Paul at 5% in NH, LA Times/Boomburg

Ridiculous
09-12-2007, 09:00 AM
http://www.latimes.com/media/acrobat/2007-09/32481597.pdf

But Huckabee gets a bump after the last debate and is still ahead of Paul. However, that only puts him in 6th place--behind Thompson and Huckabee

Paul is only at 2% in IA & SC

Still lots of work to do....

davidhperry
09-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Paul at 5% in NH, LA Times/Boomburg

That type of move is great news!

Ridiculous
09-12-2007, 09:05 AM
Q32. Regardless of your choice for president, who do you think would be best on keeping taxes low: Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee, Sam Brownback, Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter, or Tom Tancredo?

Romney and Giuliani came in first on this one. It just shows that the Paul message is just not reaching people. And that the average voter just might be borderline retarded.

Ridiculous
09-12-2007, 09:12 AM
That type of move is great news!

He really needs to be ahead of Thompson and Huckabee there before the MSM will take him seriously.

brandon
09-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Our biggest problem, is that the average american has an IQ of 95 and doesnt think for themselves. They just do as told, no critical thinking.

And the "top tier" candidates are much better at controlling and manipulating these pawns through fear and propoganda then we are.

AlexAmore
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
And that the average voter just might be borderline retarded.

Now THAT's and inconvenient truth.

MsDoodahs
09-12-2007, 09:22 AM
Yikes, maybe that movie "idiocracy" isn't too far off after all...and maybe it's coming sooner than 2505...:eek: :eek:

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Of the three states, NH is the one most certain of their decision, so that's good. Paul is ahead of Hunter, Brownback, and Tancredo. And what is very important is that there is no frontrunner among the top candidates, meaning they will be splitting votes and hopefully going to the convention with a fight on their hands. Ron Paul needs to come to the convention with a decent block of delegates, while these other guys fight over their share.

Remember, they're still only polling Republicans. Yes, we DO need Republicans, lots of them, but we also need to be sure the newbies, independents and everyone else supporting Paul go to their caucus or primary, and are registered in advance if required.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Of the three states, NH is the one most certain of their decision, so that's good. Paul is ahead of Hunter, Brownback, and Tancredo. And what is very important is that there is no frontrunner among the top candidates, meaning they will be splitting votes and hopefully going to the convention with a fight on their hands. Ron Paul needs to come to the convention with a decent block of delegates, while these other guys fight over their share.

Remember, they're still only polling Republicans. Yes, we DO need Republicans, lots of them, but we also need to be sure the newbies, independents and everyone else supporting Paul go to their caucus or primary, and are registered in advance if required.

EXACTLY!! This is why it is so important to become a delegate to your local conventions to be able to vote for Paul delegates to go to Minnesota.

I believe, for the first time since 1964, we're going to have a genuine old-fashioned floor fight at convention. if it goes to a second ballot or a third ballot, and there are Paul delegates there, we could pull a victory out of that fight.

Joey Wahoo
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
As important as the foreign policy issues are, Ron Paul cannot get the nomination unless rank and file Republicans learn his views on everything else. Unfortunately too many of them are simply drunk on the interventionist kool-aid.

But if they understood that only one candidate proposes to eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing, and that he also happens to be the strongest pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, pro-border security candidate in the field, I think he would be in double digits instantly.

RevolutionSD
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Remember, these polls are not as scientific as the mainstream media wants us to believe:

1) They only call Republicans who voted in the last primary. That leaves out all the RP supporters who come from the Independent, Libertarian, and Democrat parties.

2) They often call the same people. It's not likely that people change their minds from month to month.

3) They only call land lines. Many people, like myself, only use a cell phone. By only calling land lines, they eliminate a significant portion of the voting population.

Not to say RP would be leading if they did these polls the right way, but I'll bet he'd be well over 10%.

Santana28
09-12-2007, 09:42 AM
are these other guys going to wait until after the primaries to drop out?? i dont see how a few of them are still even in the race.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 09:43 AM
As important as the foreign policy issues are, Ron Paul cannot get the nomination unless rank and file Republicans learn his views on everything else. Unfortunately too many of them are simply drunk on the interventionist kool-aid.

But if they understood that only one candidate proposes to eliminate the income tax and replace it with nothing, and that he also happens to be the strongest pro-life, pro-Second Amendment, pro-border security candidate in the field, I think he would be in double digits instantly.

This job belongs to each of us.

Only YOU can get Ron Paul elected.
http://www.capitanlibrary.org/graphics/photos/smokey-only-you.jpg

Ridiculous
09-12-2007, 09:51 AM
I am hoping that some drop out after the 3rd quarter reports which would obviously boost Paul's numbers. What we will have to see is if the bump that Huckabee got will translate to donations.

Also, there is the risk that as it gets closer to the primaries that the debate hosts will start limiting participation to the "top teir". Say that right before the primaries due to financial reasons that all but Fred, Romney, Giuliani, Paul and maybe McCain remain, not altogether an impossible situation. They might not allow Paul to participate because it would really validate him as a contender.

Badger Paul
09-12-2007, 10:35 AM
I think the MSM is thinking its a six-person field of candidates with "serious" nationwide support and or assets by this point so out go Tancredo, Hunter and Brownback.

Ridiculous
09-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Mistake post

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 11:04 AM

Shhhhh We have a plan:) keep talking and spread the message;):cool: but i hear you just keep talking to everyone,THE REVOLUTION IS HERE AND NOW RON PAUL2008

micahnelson
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
Our biggest problem, is that the average american has an IQ of 95 and doesnt think for themselves. They just do as told, no critical thinking.

And the "top tier" candidates are much better at controlling and manipulating these pawns through fear and propoganda then we are.

Should we crank the fear machine about an economic collapse?

micahnelson
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
This job belongs to each of us.

Only YOU can get Ron Paul elected.
http://www.capitanlibrary.org/graphics/photos/smokey-only-you.jpg

http://www.micahnelson.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/freelabormed.JPG

jd603
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM
I still doubt these polls. On the street in NH, the streets I drive down and walk down, Ron Paul is in the lead for the republicans. I'm on the ground here and that's what I've seen.

Now democrats, might be another story, I've payed less attention, the person in my town who donated the maximum to hillary's campaign makes me want to cry though :(

http://www.latimes.com/media/acrobat/2007-09/32481597.pdf

But Huckabee gets a bump after the last debate and is still ahead of Paul. However, that only puts him in 6th place--behind Thompson and Huckabee

Paul is only at 2% in IA & SC

Still lots of work to do....

Johnnybags
09-12-2007, 11:27 AM
I still doubt these polls. On the street in NH, the streets I drive down and walk down, Ron Paul is in the lead for the republicans. I'm on the ground here and that's what I've seen.

Now democrats, might be another story, I've payed less attention, the person in my town who donated the maximum to hillary's campaign makes me want to cry though :(

He was way over 10 percent, so were Rudy and McCain. I could not guage most of the young crowd in the stands though. Many were completely undecided just getting a taste. The NY republicans and there were many there want Rudy. No matter, the polls are bogus, I suspect it is low double digits now in NH and growing.

stevedasbach
09-12-2007, 12:18 PM

I think it's more that the average voter has decided that politics isn't worth investing time and energy in, since nothing ever changes.

quickmike
09-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Q32. Regardless of your choice for president, who do you think would be best on keeping taxes low: Mitt Romney, Rudy Giuliani, John McCain, Fred Thompson, Mike Huckabee, Sam Brownback, Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter, or Tom Tancredo?

Romney and Giuliani came in first on this one. It just shows that the Paul message is just not reaching people. And that the average voter just might be borderline retarded.

Heres your average american cheerleader.............. yay red team .............yay blue team These colors dont run!!!! They hate us for our freedom!!!!! We gotta fight them over there so we dont hafta fight em over here!!!!!

Were screwed unless Ron wins.............. keep spreading the word!

http://www.netcartoon.net/naaas/stupid1.jpg

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 02:21 PM
NH is at 5% in NH? That's a rise though. I find it hard to believe that the majority in a so called "libertarian state" would keep choosing neo cons over the former LP's nominee.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 02:28 PM

Well heck, they won't ever let him talk about taxes. That's not an accident. Seems to me that we need to hit this issue very hard in our upcoming TV and radio ads.

They won't let him talk about taxes, education or health care. They've skipped him in at least 2 debates on these issues.

itsnobody
09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Woah, thats great news...that means Ron Paul can and will win the NH primaries...its basically 100% assured...

I mean if that 5% of neocons will vote for Ron Paul, all the other unregistered young people who registered, plus the democrats, independants, and libertarians that register to vote for Ron Paul, that means he'll definitely win it...it also helps that voter turn out is so low in the primaries and around 100% of RP supporters will go out and vote for him, just like what happened in the straw polls

So looks like we already won NH

John of Des Moines
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM
I am hoping that some drop out after the 3rd quarter reports which would obviously boost Paul's numbers.

Yes, Tancredo and Brownback

What we will have to see is if the bump that Huckabee got will translate to donations.

Not equal to the bump Paul will get. His military donations will sky-rocket to over 60% percent.

Also, there is the risk that as it gets closer to the primaries that the debate hosts will start limiting participation to the "top teir". Say that right before the primaries due to financial reasons that all but Fred, Romney, Giuliani, Paul and maybe McCain remain, not altogether an impossible situation. They might not allow Paul to participate because it would really validate him as a contender.

Let's not forget that CNBC has invited Cox to their debate in November. And Cox owns a potato chip factory so stop buying potato chips .:eek:

skiingff
09-12-2007, 05:14 PM
Not equal to the bump Paul will get. His military donations will sky-rocket to over 60% percent.
I made it a point to list "VA ARNG" as my employer instead of my other employer :)

So his military donations have skyrocketed by at least my $1300.