PDA

View Full Version : How WE can Educate the Public!

DeadheadForPaul
01-15-2009, 12:25 PM
With the rise of the internet, Americans have become increasingly connected and dependent on news from the net. Youth especially rely on the web for their news and information

Wikipedia has become a de facto source for 'education' and information for many people.

One great thing about wikipedia is that USERS edit the information. This will provide an outlet for TRUTH rather than DECEPTION to be spread. We may not have a voice in the MSM but we do have a voice on the internet (as the Revolution proved).

Wikipedia provides a great opportunity for us to set the record straight

The PROBLEM, however, is that about 75% of Wikipedia's content comes from approximately 1700 users (according to a study that I read last week). That's right, 1700 users generate most of the facts on this site...and most of them are not freedom lovers.

I think it is ESSENTIAL that we win the war on minds via the internet since more mainstream channels have been blocked

We should organize and establish certain people to keep 'an eye' on various articles and edit them. Perhaps we could draw up a list for certain things

thoughts?

Jean
01-15-2009, 01:56 PM
Bump

TastyWheat
01-15-2009, 02:08 PM
I haven't read Lincoln's page but I'm sure it could use an extra spoonful of reality. He's definitely one of the top 3 worst presidents ever.