PDA

View Full Version : Today is the Day

qwerty
01-15-2009, 08:53 AM
Posted by Heather D on 01/13/09 07:41 AM

Tonight, townships all over Illinois will hold their caucuses to nominate candidates for local offices. If you're anything like me, you have spent most of your adult life focusing on politics at the national level, and you've left the local politics to your neighbors. As I look back over my apathetic attitude towards local governance, I realize what a mistake that really was.

I have always been the first one to complain about such things as high property taxes, high sales taxes, horrible roads, lack of private businesses, and the list goes on, but despite my complaining, I have never taken that important step of working to change those things that I did not like.

Thanks to Dr. Paul and the Campaign for Liberty, patriots all over this country are waking up and realizing that meaningful change has to start in our own backyards. Those things that truly affect our everyday lives are rooted in local governance. If we desire a return to our Constitutional Republic, we must focus our energies on waking our neighbors, educating them, and working with them to rebuild the foundation upon which our Federal Government is anchored. A house that is built upon a weak foundation will not stand; it will be washed away when the storms come. A house that is built upon a strong foundation will stand the tests of time.

Attending your local caucus is the first step in reclaiming your Republic and taking responsibility for those things that affect your everyday lives. If you are not running for local office, caucus for a patriot. Purpose to drive the bus rather than simply ride it to an unknown destination. There's no better time to make your voices be heard. Today is the day.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=8110

WAY TO GO! :cool:

acptulsa
01-15-2009, 08:54 AM
Hey, Oklahomans--ours are coming up soon!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=175514

qwerty
01-16-2009, 03:52 AM
bump!