PDA

View Full Version : Foreign Writer Lauds Ron Paul

stu2002
09-12-2007, 08:28 AM
http://http://www.americanfreepress.net/anderson/?p=14

Foreign Writer Lauds Ron Paul

June 12, 2007 |

Although I have not plumbed the depths of the foreign press on Congressman Ron Paul’s presidential candidacy, a short look on June 12 revealed a far different take on things overseas than you find in the U.S., where the press is tightly controlled. Americans are perhaps the most misinformed people in the world.

Just read the following excerpts from Times of London writer Andrew Sullivan. It speaks for itself:

It’s still eight months till the first primary and I’m exhausted already. But these early days of the campaign are often the best – and if I were honest, I’d admit to having as good a time following these intrepid campaigners as I can remember. There are 10 Republican candidates and almost as many Democrats. None of them is an incumbent in the White House, and several of them are quite obviously a little cracked. This won’t last. Which is why it’s worth savouring while we can.

The Republicans, for a change, are much more fun – because they’re behaving like Democrats. They obviously loathe one another and are having a hard time hiding it; they’re all eager to call themselves true conservatives; and they all have completely different definitions of the term.

My favourite is Ron Paul. He’s a craggy but agreeable congressman from Texas, and a huge hit among online nerds, libertarians, Facebook teens and anyone who appreciates a little ideological fresh air.

He’s an old-style libertarian Republican: against wars, against taxes, against abortion, and such a constitutional stickler he views most laws passed since Franklin D Roosevelt as a violation of sacred American freedoms. He gave Rudy Giuliani a near-stroke by suggesting in a debate that US foreign policy had helped pave the way for 9/11. And there’s an ingenuousness and wonkish sincerity that reminds one of a Lib-Dem town councillor from Devon.

Sullivan goes on to filet Rudy the Cross Dresser and the rest of the GOP and Democratic virtual villains, flip-flops and half-wits with a sharp verbal knife. Mitt Romney is rightly described as man with various views on key issues — views that “evolve” month to month, year to year.

If only we could get papers in the U.S. as large as the Times of London to take off their blinders, swallow their corporate bottom line and let the facts be known. With many GOP presidential candidates and some Democrats willing to consider nuking Iran over flimsy allegations that the nation is on the brink of making a nuclear weapon, we could use some truth-telling and soon. Americans who need Rep. Paul’s ”Texas Straight Talk” are being denied the precious medicine they need to fix their nation. The media gate-keepers are the culprit.

Mr. Paul, regardless of what happens, has done two good things: Made the GOP look like the war-mongering false conservatives that they are, while showing that the dominant media is an ally of the central government’s interventionist policies and a foe of anyone who dares to speak the unvarnished truth.

Comments

Comments are closed.

New Books
o Capturing Jonathan Pollard
o Restoring Political Honesty
o PALESTINE: Peace, Not Apartheid
o Forever a Soldier
Subscribe to AFP
o AFP PRINT EDITION
o 16 weeks for $17.76
o 1 year for $59
o 2 years for $99
o
o AFP ONLINE EDITION
o 1 year for $15
o 2 years for $27
o
o (Click here for sample PDF)
o
Other Books
+

The New Jerusalem: Zionist Power in America
+

The entire secret history American Neo-Conservative Trotskyites
+

The shocking story of the infiltration and subversion of the American nationalist movement . . .

Copyright © 2007