PDA

View Full Version : State of Emergency in DC?

TonySutton
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
This article says Bush declared a state of emergency in DC...

As the Obama team went into damage control over Geither, President Bush declared a state of emergency in Washington - because so many people were expected to attend the inauguration.

In doing so he paved the way for unlimited funding to be released to those local authorities responsible for staging the event.

A president mostly uses the power to declare a state of emergency during a crisis, such as a hurricane or other natural disaster.

wtf?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1115942/Bush-declares-state-emergency-Washington-cost-Obamas-swearing-ceremony-soars-110m.html

asimplegirl
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
I feel bad for him..stupid guy keeps screwing up massively.

You know in that interview he gave a few days ago he said something I have to think of when he does something dumb like this:

"I can't wait to go home and look in the mirror and be proud of myself. Not hearing the talking heads telling me what to do, and having to do it because it is the best I can then and not what is right."

Or something like that.

He's human...a seemingly retarded human, but human all the same.

angelatc
01-14-2009, 01:02 PM
That's about it. Of course, Obama could redistribute some of his campaign's warchest, but he won't.

Fox McCloud
01-14-2009, 01:06 PM
I feel bad for him..stupid guy keeps screwing up massively.

You know in that interview he gave a few days ago he said something I have to think of when he does something dumb like this:

"I can't wait to go home and look in the mirror and be proud of myself. Not hearing the talking heads telling me what to do, and having to do it because it is the best I can then and not what is right."

Or something like that.

He's human...a seemingly retarded human, but human all the same.

even more scary; his IQ is slightly higher than John Kerry and Al Gore's IQ...Bush is ranked as being in the 95th percentile and Kerry in the 91st.

I really don't think he's as stupid as everyone makes him out to me, just very very very unwise, very bull-headed, and always wants to do things his way.

of course Bush's IQ was based off of his SAT...not the best ranking system in the world; some smart people do badly on the SAT and some mediocre to slightly above average people do very well....all in all intelligence is very difficult to measure.

asimplegirl
01-14-2009, 01:09 PM
According to him, in said interview, he does what he has people that advise shouting in his ear, in fear of screwing up...which is more than slightly ironic.

Note, I said seemingly retarded.

Watch his face when he isn't speaking, and is kind of just there- he is not a happy man..I think he knows the depths of which he has royally screwed up.

angelatc
01-14-2009, 01:18 PM
According to him, in said interview, he does what he has people that advise shouting in his ear, in fear of screwing up...which is more than slightly ironic.

Note, I said seemingly retarded.

Watch his face when he isn't speaking, and is kind of just there- he is not a happy man..I think he knows the depths of which he has royally screwed up.

No, I think he's just irritated that nobody supports him any more.

asimplegirl
01-14-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe so. I am a bleeding heart, though, and tend to see sadness in everyone, especially when they seem put upon. :)

HOLLYWOOD
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
What this "STATE OF EMERGENCY" means...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/01/13/AR2009011301583.html?hpid=topnews

No difference between Bush, Obama, or any in the WHITE HOUSE REGIMES.

Steal from the people, under false pretenses, to meet you or your friend's objectives.

ALL to help LORD OBAMA... hmm, no wonder Barack wants to forget the last 8 years and move foward not backwards, as HE states.

Continued Legalized theft by government, to serve governments, and collusion of government. So far the bill is estimated at $100 MILLION to TAXPAYERS... NOT OBAMA donors!

More Waste and BS to be blown on the Crowning of the NEW IMPERIAL U.S. EMPEROR!

pinkmandy
01-14-2009, 01:35 PM
There is no better way to do the most evil things and be forgiven than pretending like you were too dumb to know better. People always underestimate you when they think you're stupid.

yongrel
01-14-2009, 01:41 PM
If you lived in DC, you would laugh a lot less at it being called a state of emergency. It's going to be crazy here. We have a police force for a city of 600,000 on weekdays, and they're projecting 5 million people to be in town for the innauguration. Madness.

The Metro rails system will become a series of metal sausages packed to the gills will Obamaniacs. To get to the Mall from my school, friends and I are leaving at 2am and walking. The crowds will be outrageous, and crime will be rampant.

So so many tourists to be taken advantage of. So so many angry McCain supporters to start trouble, and so many more Obamaheads to finish trouble. Bleck.

I wish I could stay inside.

SWATH
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Dumb? I think not. He did an excellent job of massively expanding the state. He did what what asked of him (and I don't mean by the citizens).

HOLLYWOOD
01-14-2009, 01:43 PM
There is no better way to do the most evil things and be forgiven than pretending like you were too dumb to know better. People always underestimate you when they think you're stupid.

BINGO! Who's more liable to "LYNCHED"?

A bafoon who's silly and acts like a idiot?

OR

A Tyrant Sociopath Dictator like Mussonili, Stalin, and/or Hitler.

There's always a reason and cause... but in the long run, it just shows you the mentally of the average Ignorance of American Morons, assisted by the MSM!

Matt Collins
01-14-2009, 02:00 PM
Of course there's a state of emergency; the courts have no integrity, neither does the legislature. And the executive is about to go from bad to worse (didn't think that was possible).