PDA

View Full Version : Let's PLASTER CHURCHES this weekend with RP's Statement of Faith!

wgadget
09-12-2007, 06:34 AM
September 17 is the Values Voter Debate, so now would be a great time to make an all-out effort to get RP's Statement of Faith out there to the congregations. A lot of Christians will probably be interested in watching this debate, and we can give them a heads up about Dr. Paul.

It's time to be timely!
:)

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/884134024.html

P.S. Target the evangelicals!!

Statement of Faith link: http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

goldenequity
09-12-2007, 06:41 AM
http://www.scribd.com/doc/264398/Ron-Paul-Statement-Of-Faith

The layout with the RP picture is well done... also download as .pdf OR .doc :)

Stealth4
09-12-2007, 06:44 AM
Be careful how you do it. I think the campaign has already gotten many complaints from pastors, etc. complaining about the mess in their parking lot from the flyers which were put there without their permission.

Church members are usually welcome and there is usually a chance for the audience to make announcements.

Go to a service
Talk to the pastor before the service and ask his permission to make an announcement.

If No please respect that. If you then flyer after that it will just generate ani-RP sentiment.

Let people know you support RP (but you are not with the campaign) and you have information for people interested

This is the correct way to do it - make yourself personable, dont make a mess in the parking lot.

M.Bellmore
09-12-2007, 07:02 AM
In case you want to create a 2 page flyer, I copied an existing 1 page pdf "statement of faith" and created a 1 page word doc for the debate. If someone wants to tell me how to create multi-page pdfs that'd be great.

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/108/files/

And I agree with plastering the flyers all over cars. You may be able to ask if you can leave a pile of flyers in an area of the church for people to grab.

BIG_J
09-12-2007, 07:09 AM
There is no "right" way. I suggest everyone do it up however they want. The one or two page flyer is sweet:)

Have fun on Sunday morning!

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 07:44 AM
Be careful how you do it. I think the campaign has already gotten many complaints from pastors, etc. complaining about the mess in their parking lot from the flyers which were put there without their permission.

This is exactly what Justine Lam from the campaign headquarters said, during one of the chats on Justin TV.

I'm not saying not to do it. Just be aware that there have been a lot of complaints from pastors and we want to do this in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose.

Thor
09-12-2007, 07:50 AM
This is exactly what Justine Lam from the campaign headquarters said, during one of the chats on Justin TV.

I'm not saying not to do it. Just be aware that there have been a lot of complaints from pastors and we want to do this in a way that doesn't defeat the purpose.

I would rather have them know about us and complain, than be none the wiser to our existance.

HQ should take the complaint and turn that into an opportunity to apologize AND get them more information.

Stealth4
09-12-2007, 08:07 AM
The pastor and the congregation already have a bad taste in their mouth about ron paul that that point.

Please dont plaster church parking lots w/o permission !!!

Thor
09-12-2007, 08:14 AM
The pastor and the congregation already have a bad taste in their mouth about ron paul that that point.

Please dont plaster church parking lots w/o permission !!!

I disagree. Many people read the Statement of Faith and are drawn to RP because of it, and they will never know about us if we don't somehow get them info.

You will ALWAYS piss some people off no matter WHAT you do. Better to get the word out, than just not offend here, not offend there, and then nobody knows about you....

If you want to ask for permission first, then that is fine. But if they tell you no, then you have boxed yourself in or will piss them off even more if you ignore it.

Try to make sure nobody has put the Statement of Faith out in that lot before. THAT would get people really upset with a bad taste in their mouth about RP.

And as I have said before, make sure a URL is on the flier to the online version of the Statement of Faith, so they can email it to their friends and family. Search the threads for discuss on that if you want, but people do email things like that. Like my mom. She sends me stuff like that all the time. I emailed her the SoF and she loved it and forwarded it on to many others on her list.

zumajoe
09-12-2007, 08:32 AM
What i think we should be doing is following Ron Paul's lead...our advertising should parallel his message- be strong, but be smart- don't go invading other countries (churches) in a hostile manner. Not saying don't do it, just do it in a respectful, intelligent manner. The only "bad press" for Ron Paul should be his good message.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 08:38 AM
Just wondering....

Has anyone ever tried the approach of asking the pastor's permission to either leave the flyers on a table near the exit, so anyone who wanted them could take one on their way out and an opportunity to give a brief announcement to the congregation about this, or to stand outside after the service is over to hand them out to those people who wanted them?

I realize it might be scary to approach the pastor, but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried this and if so, the response they received.

lucius
09-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Just wondering....

Has anyone ever tried the approach of asking the pastor's permission to either leave the flyers on a table near the exit, so anyone who wanted them could take one on their way out and an opportunity to give a brief announcement to the congregation about this, or to stand outside after the service is over to hand them out to those people who wanted them?

I realize it might be scary to approach the pastor, but I'm just wondering if anyone has actually tried this and if so, the response they received.

Agreed, the shepherds are who you need to sway, but do not discount the power of the gnome-like little church-ladies whom work in the back offices--very easy to approach! :)

transistor
09-12-2007, 09:20 AM
There was a Christian concert here two weeks ago in which 250,000 people attended and the local meetup group didn't do anything :-/

kylebrotherton
09-12-2007, 09:38 AM
There was a Christian concert here two weeks ago in which 250,000 people attended and the local meetup group didn't do anything :-/

That's too bad. I'm glad you stepped up in their absence. How many fliers did you hand out?

transistor
09-12-2007, 09:53 AM
Zero. I was 300 miles away

Santana28
09-12-2007, 09:57 AM
i'm quite certain that the only ones complaining were probably aready Brownback or Huckabee supporters. No pastor would complain about something like that all the way to the campaign office otherwise.

wgadget
09-12-2007, 10:28 AM

Church members are usually welcome and there is usually a chance for the audience to make announcements.

Go to a service
Talk to the pastor before the service and ask his permission to make an announcement.

If No please respect that. If you then flyer after that it will just generate ani-RP sentiment.

Let people know you support RP (but you are not with the campaign) and you have information for people interested

This is the correct way to do it - make yourself personable, dont make a mess in the parking lot.

What if one offered to stay an hour after church to clean up the parking lot?

wgadget
09-12-2007, 10:30 AM

Are you in Atlanta?

lucius
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
What if one offered to stay an hour after church to clean up the parking lot?

They would be very cool with that, just ask before.

American
09-12-2007, 10:44 AM
Hand them out as you wont to, be polite and responsible. All this being PC is going to kill us, we are volunteers not part of the official campaign.

Just remember, you represent Ron Paul

wgadget
09-12-2007, 02:17 PM
BUMP

Be preparing for this, Christian soldiers.

gracemonger
09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
Refer Christians to this sight www.christiansforronpaul.com
It's a steppingstone.
Craig

micahnelson
09-12-2007, 03:08 PM
http://www.micahnelson.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/rpforjc.pdf

I wrote that as an introduction to Ron Paul from a Christian perspective. I mention his opposition to a Gay marriage ban. I know its risky, but its better we tell them and explain it then for them to find out and not consider it.

max
09-12-2007, 03:09 PM

For every uptight short sighted pastor who gets peeved that we didnt "seek permission: to flyer his parking lot, there will 150 christians who read the flyer and like what they see.

let the small handful complain...im more interested in impressing the flock....

there is too much at stake to be worrying about "complaints" from petty pastors (probably supporters of Pastor Hucksterbee and this war....screw em

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 04:45 PM
It takes a little time, but we rolled up the statement of faith along with this:
http://ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=470 included a tiny note that said, I was introduced to this amazing man and he has changed my views of what a politician can be. I offer him as a gift to you.

Rolled them all up, and tied red ribbons and made bows around them and stuck them in door handles, or on the windshield. It looked little gifts on people's cars. We waited until the services were over, then went back to the parking lots and picked up any that were on the ground so no one would have to deal with our mess.

We only found one or two.

Nice move, Thunderbolt.

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 04:46 PM
For every uptight short sighted pastor who gets peeved that we didnt "seek permission: to flyer his parking lot, there will 150 christians who read the flyer and like what they see.

let the small handful complain...im more interested in impressing the flock....

there is too much at stake to be worrying about "complaints" from petty pastors (probably supporters of Pastor Hucksterbee and this war....screw em

Yes, but is there a reason to make them hate us if we do not have to? I mean, seriously. If you don't want to talk to them, then maybe just going back to pick up any mess that's left over...

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 07:47 PM

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 07:49 PM

Stealth4
09-12-2007, 07:56 PM
Thunderbolt

Thanks for going back and cleaning up.

wgadget
09-12-2007, 08:03 PM
I'm thinking about printing this article by Pastor Chuck Baldwin on the back of the Statement of Faith. (Hopefully, it will fit!)

http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/baldwin3.html

Eric21ND
09-12-2007, 09:13 PM
It takes a little time, but we rolled up the statement of faith along with this:
http://ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=470 included a tiny note that said, I was introduced to this amazing man and he has changed my views of what a politician can be. I offer him as a gift to you.

Rolled them all up, and tied red ribbons and made bows around them and stuck them in door handles, or on the windshield. It looked little gifts on people's cars. We waited until the services were over, then went back to the parking lots and picked up any that were on the ground so no one would have to deal with our mess.

We only found one or two.

Wow! Now that is a great idea...I like taking the time to make things look nice just like your group did that really does go a long way! The red ribbons is a nice touch. I think if we dressed up Ron Paul's statement of faith with some religious imagry people are less likely to throw away something with a picture of the cross or Jesus, etc placed nicely on it.

born2drv
09-12-2007, 09:19 PM
The way I look at it is this: If people are complaining, they're most likely stubborn republicans or democrats who are determined to vote for someone else.

If the HQ gets a call from an angry church person they should apologize and ask if they would like someone to come by and clean up the mess, or maybe donate an hour to help with some church chores or something... then ask one of us to find someone locally and go clean it up. I'd be happy to go to a local church if HQ asked me. This will give us the opportunity to educate the people of the church, and to kill them with kindness by cleaning up the papers and also every other bit of trash on their parking lot. We need to do everything we can, don't be discouraged by a few people who complain, the good vastly outweighs the bad, and if something bad comes of it, we can turn it into a positive.

wgadget
09-12-2007, 09:32 PM
[QUOTE=born2drv;185327]The way I look at it is this: If people are complaining, they're most likely stubborn republicans or democrats who are determined to vote for someone else.

Haha. You mean like the people over at hannity.com?

born2drv
09-12-2007, 09:39 PM
[QUOTE=born2drv;185327]The way I look at it is this: If people are complaining, they're most likely stubborn republicans or democrats who are determined to vote for someone else.

Haha. You mean like the people over at hannity.com?

LOL exactly ;) some people will just complain no matter what we do, don't let it phase you, keep fighting! just be ethical, and if someone asks you to clean something up, do it promptly and go the extra mile and clean their whole parking lot! Kill them with kindness people! Now go and fight! :D

wgadget
09-12-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm planning to make dozens and dozens of homemade chocolate chip cookies to take to the GOP booth at the fair, all in the name of RP.

There's always SOMETHING to do for the cause...

Kade
09-13-2007, 09:34 AM
He has authored legislation to define the beginning of life at conception...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Against 20% of the American people who don't believe in a soul?

Against 77% of Americans who don't believe human life begins at conception?
(http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/01/22/opinion/polls/main537570.shtml)

Against scientific consensus and scientific community...

Against 91%!!! of ObGyns who support abortion in the first trimester!!! (http://www.jstor.org/view/00147354/di975889/97p1511v/0)

That is bloody genius. No debate, pure emotion. Blanket legislation to end a debate that hasn't even gotten off the ground... seriously... that is inspiring.

The question of when human person hood begins is a quasi-religious one. Ron Paul supported legislation that skipped debate on the issue, according to his own dictates?

This is the kind of person you want to pull off as Libertarian and Freedom Loving?

Had I known this earlier... and if I can find this legislature, I am campaigning against Ron Paul.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention Micah.

wgadget
09-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Wow, Kade...Single-issue voter?

Kade
09-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Wow, Kade...Single-issue voter?

That's the third time someone said that now, on three different issues.

These one-liner defenses are really, really lame... It is almost comical that in three different threads I've been called a one-issue voter about an entirely different issue...

wgadget
09-13-2007, 09:42 AM
Then maybe you're right...Time to switch over to the FredHeads.

Kade
09-13-2007, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=wgadget;185374]

LOL exactly ;) some people will just complain no matter what we do, don't let it phase you, keep fighting! just be ethical, and if someone asks you to clean something up, do it promptly and go the extra mile and clean their whole parking lot! Kill them with kindness people! Now go and fight! :D

Or people who have absolutely no representation anywhere...

Kade
09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Then maybe you're right...Time to switch over to the FredHeads.

Me or you?

Don't get me started on that clown...

wgadget
09-13-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm just saying if there THREE separate issues that you disagree with RP about, maybe you should look elsewhere. That's all. Nothing personal.

Chernitsky
09-13-2007, 10:04 AM
this is a great time to do this because of Fred announcing he doesn't go to church

Kade
09-13-2007, 11:26 AM
I'm just saying if there THREE separate issues that you disagree with RP about, maybe you should look elsewhere. That's all. Nothing personal.

Point me somewhere else.. please. Ron Paul stands liberty, according to people who would persuade me... Who else even makes that claim? From what I see though, Ron Paul is opening some backdoors for assaults against liberty. I have concerns. I want to know why I, and the several million or so other secularists and atheists and religious freedom advocates should support him.

Sarah
01-14-2008, 11:53 AM
Point me somewhere else.. please. Ron Paul stands liberty, according to people who would persuade me... Who else even makes that claim? From what I see though, Ron Paul is opening some backdoors for assaults against liberty. I have concerns. I want to know why I, and the several million or so other secularists and atheists and religious freedom advocates should support him.

I've read almost all of your 300+ post and I have yet to see you as a Ron Paul supporter. So I ask a question to myself....why would someone take the time to post here ..demanding answers that they are not getting....and not gonna get.. but continue to do so when they have beat the issue until it is a dead horse.

Why not find someone they believe would better suit what they are looking for in a President and lend support there. Or is it just to be heard? Freedom of speech is a great thing...but how many times can you rehash the same issue with ppl who do not agree with you.

Others here on many occasions have noticed this...as in this thread..and another...suggested you go elsewhere....yet you stay....and have for many months.

I'm new here and came here to support Dr Paul and to see what kind of things are being done in other states to help.

In only two days I have felt the tension you bring with the need to ram your non religious belief down the throats of others...(BTW..I am far from religious) demanding an explanation from those...who are only supporters and can not speak for Ron Paul himself on the issue.

Yet still you demand they do. Why not take this issue up directly with Dr Paul and stop insisting his supporters...

1.) Either agree with you
2.) Fight with you...which I strongly feel is what you want and are here for
3.) Validate your choice to be and atheist...which I get the impression is a new faze in your life..possibly coming from your age and a direct opposition to your parents beliefs...but what evah! I may be way off on that ...still it's my right to freedom of speech to say what I feel I believe you are doing.

I would seriously like to ask you ...why you are here? Yes... you have right to be here and to question anything you want....but why you don't go to a forum where you can support who you feel is right for the job has me baffled. Isn't this taking away a lot of your energy that could be used in a more productive
way?

I want to know why I, and the several million or so other secularists and atheists and religious freedom advocates should support him

No one has to tell you why...one of the freedoms we have here ...at this time anyway...is the right to choose who we feel is right for the job. It is your own personal reason to support who ever you want....as it is others. There is no answer to this question that will ever satisfy you.

I apologize... as a new person to this forum...to all the Ron Paul supporters... for my 3 rd post being one that appears to attack a member. But I spent 2 hrs reading this one question about religious freedom last night and did not get much sleep.

I've also read many post from all of you who do support Ron Paul. Many excellent post with good ideas and thoughts.

You've made a choice on who you feel can best fix this corrupt country that is falling by the wayside and I give credit to all who volunteer. I agree this is the candidate who can do this job.

I'm not here to nit pick any of his issues apart. I've decided who I will vote for as you have. But reading this issue on religious freedom...that has in another thread turned in to a war of words and name calling seems to be a great distraction from more important issues at hand.

Again I apologize to all the members for my blatant outburst and will leave for a few days to calm myself.