PDA

View Full Version : C4L VP of Membership replies to me about Mark Cross

bobbyw24
01-14-2009, 05:53 AM
Bobby,

You know, thereís always at least two sides to every story.
I've heard from quite a few members in Florida, many who tell me they've become more politically active and engaged as a result of Mark's leadership, and even run for and won election to local office with his encouragement and help.
From my perspective, Mark didnít compromise his principles or the movement, what he did do was build a bridge of good will to other state committee members who should be with us and illicit from Greer a commitment to address the issues that Mark ran on, just as Dr. Paul said he was willing to do with McCain had McCain agreed to adopt Ronís issues.
As I understand it, in his acceptance speech Greer stated that he would make sure than RP supporters who wanted to participate wouldnít be shut out any longer. Thatís a start and a promise he should be held to. I assure you, Mark will do his best to make sure he keeps his word.
Eating our own does us little good, particularly when itís someone who has worked as hard and effectively for us as Mark has. If we continue to do so, there will be no one left to fight the fight. Mark is not a state committeeman, former coordinator for RP, C4L interim coordinator, a former GOP County Committee officer and RLC Treasurer by accident. Heís proven himself and I stand in full support of his interim leadership for C4L.
For liberty,

Debbie Hopper
VP of Membership
www.campaignforliberty.com

ShannonOBrien
01-14-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm going to have to agree with her. We should always try to hold our guys accountable but she is right about us not "eating our own."

Matt Collins
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
There are other threads on this subject