PDA

View Full Version : Comcast launches all-Obama channel

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2009, 05:32 AM
http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0109/Comcast_launchs_allObama_channel.html

Talk about a bunch of cultists.

angelatc
01-14-2009, 06:10 AM
That's a pretty funny comment coming from us.

tremendoustie
01-14-2009, 06:14 AM

Naw, RP's just a guy, we're about ideas, not personality.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-14-2009, 07:45 AM

People who like Ron Paul by-and-large are mostly just interested in his message. Dr. Paul is old, speaks and debates a little poorly and is pretty unexciting.

Obamabots, meanwhile, seem to like Obama because:

1. He gives a good speech
2. He is black
3. He is handsome
4. He is young
5. They believe his vague "hope and change" stuff is about the issues they care about
6. Some combination of the above five

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-14-2009, 07:55 AM
Yea, I wish RP could have been a little more engaging. Maybe if he could have debated more like Peter Schiff does.

PatriotLegion
01-14-2009, 07:59 AM
Mr. Obama is about simplicity! Just like he say "Hope and Change" very simple words to admire if you are sheeple or Obamabots - how technology changes people.

Freedom 4 all
01-14-2009, 08:04 AM
Naw, RP's just a guy, we're about ideas, not personality.

qft, if Obama's "ideas" came from an old white guy the Obamatons wouldn't care less, many probably wouldn't have even voted. I can't speak for everyone here but I don't worship RP, I respect his ideas. There's a huge difference.

Aratus
01-14-2009, 08:38 AM
i have a basic question, almost at the ADMIN level...
"Why is this thread NOT in the Obama Watch forum?"
seems to me, a media channel purely Obama an' 24/7
that is mayhap watched, does fall under Obama Watch!

Aratus
01-14-2009, 08:40 AM
ITs not GENERAL POLITICs! ...there is nothing mainstream
about this at all, insted we be a tightly knit SUB-CULTURE!

A. Havnes
01-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I don't think that Ron Paul is unexciting, but he sometimes doesn't speak in laymen's terms and he has a habbit of giving a history lesson to prove his point. Obama neither informs the audience or uses terms they don't understand - he simply promises change in a vague sort of way.

He's also black and young, which I suppose has something to do with it.

Also, check out the picture on that page! A paragraph on it says: Barack Obama will be sworn in as president just days before the 200th anniversary of Abraham Lincoln's birth, and his inauguration theme will reflect the timing: "A New Birth of Freedom," a phrase from the Gettysburg Address.

I'd laugh if I didn't know how many people actually treat the guy like the next Lincoln, or the next Kennedy, or the Messiah. I think I'll cry instead, and then I'll go pass out pamphlets.

Matt Collins
01-14-2009, 11:17 AM
I canceled my Comcast cable the day after the primary election. I now watch ZERO TV and only do Netflix every once in a while.

Matt Collins
01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Obamabots, meanwhile, seem to like Obama because:

1. He gives a good speech
2. He is black
3. He is handsome
4. He is young
5. They believe his vague "hope and change" stuff is about the issues they care about
6. Some combination of the above five

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Obama/n1287840366_30345299_409.jpg

Paulitical Correctness
01-14-2009, 12:51 PM
The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president. We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.

The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia’s mother. The day arrived when they were to make their speeches. Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium. Her speech was concise. She said, “If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream.” She sat down. The class went wild. “Yes! Yes! We want ice cream.”

She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn’t sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn’t know. The class really didn’t care. All they were thinking about was ice cream. Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a land slide.

Every time Barack Obama opens his mouth he offers ice cream, and fifty percent of America reacts like nine year olds. They want ice cream. The other fifty percent know they’re going to have to feed the cow.