PDA

View Full Version : HuffPost Lists Ron Paul As a Republican Who Should Stick Around

Knightskye
01-13-2009, 08:24 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-cohen/10-republicans-who-should_b_157374.html

Ron Paul won pretty much every Republican debate hands down, proving that brains and ideas won't get you far in the GOP. The doctor from Texas ultimately failed because he decided to tell the truth about the massive hypocrisy and corruption of the Republican Party

Of course, not without the insult:

Paul's small government libertarianism may be outdated (probably by a hundred years or so)

Overall, I think it was pretty good.

Besides Dr. Paul and Andrew Sullivan, I don't think any other ones should be on the list - Colbert's definitely not a Republican.

angelatc
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Andrew Sullivan was a Trig-Truther. Eeew.

Jeremy
01-13-2009, 08:27 PM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ben-cohen/10-republicans-who-should_b_157374.html

Of course, not without the insult:

Overall, I think it was pretty good.

Besides Dr. Paul and Andrew Sullivan, I don't think any other ones should be on the list - Colbert's definitely not a Republican.

jeff flake

paulitics
01-13-2009, 09:05 PM
Huiff post is off my shit list for now. This is 2 good blogs is a row. I still don't like their gossipy, tripe. The other day, the headline was "Shirtless Presidents". Yes, this was the big news of the day.

Of course they had JFK, Obama with his (pecks) exposed peppered with some green propaganda surrounding it. Just imagine all the liberals swooning and fanning themselves. "Tax me Obama, Oh tax me!! Change, Hope, Carbon Tax, Yes we CAN!!

Jeremy
01-13-2009, 09:06 PM
Huiff post is off my shit list for now. This is 2 good blogs is a row. I still don't like their gossipy, tripe. The other day, the headline was "Shirtless Presidents". Yes, this was the big news of the day.

Of course they had JFK, Obama with his (pecks) exposed peppered with some green propaganda surrounding it. Just imagine all the liberals swooning and fanning themselves. "Tax me Obama, Oh tax me!! Change, Hope, Carbon Tax, Yes we CAN!!

It will probably never leave mine. And just look at their smug little comment after saying he should stay.

Minlawc
01-13-2009, 10:53 PM
small government libertarianism

So what is a "Big Government Libertarian"? :rolleyes:

Knightskye
01-13-2009, 10:58 PM
So what is a "Big Government Libertarian"? :rolleyes:

"Progessive", I think they call it.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
I love how Colin Powell made number one on the list. He was part of the Bush administration, blatantly lied about WMD's in Iraq and though he had the integrity to walk away he still sat silent on the sidelines for a long time while the neocons ran wild in D.C. but he endorsed Obama so all is forgiven I guess.

Knightskye
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
I love how Colin Powell made number one on the list. He was part of the Bush administration, blatantly lied about WMD's in Iraq and though he had the integrity to walk away he still sat silent on the sidelines for a long time while the neocons ran wild in D.C. but he endorsed Obama so all is forgiven I guess.

I think it depends on their history, and how much - or little - of it Obama supporters are familiar with. So if Bush endorsed Obama, I don't think they'd believe him. Joe the Plumber, I think, could have gotten away with it.

libertarian4321
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
"proving that brains and ideas won't get you far in the GOP. "

Yup. The Republicans have been making a run for the intellectual bottom in the Bush/McCain/Palin era.

There are intelligent Republicans, but Bush/McCain/Palin aren't among them. They have to realize that you don't have to be a freakin' moron to appeal to average Americans.

We need a Republican candidate with brains, like Dr. Paul (Duke University Med School) rather than John "bottom of my class" McCain and Sarah "holy crap, I finally managed to get a degree from a state school after 6 years" Palin.

fj45lvr
01-20-2009, 01:50 PM
outdated by a 100 years of so

Yeah, back when the Republic wasn't fucked up and going off a cliff with the FED at the controls

nullvalu
01-20-2009, 01:55 PM
Andrew Sullivan was a Trig-Truther. Eeew.

a what?

Elwar
01-20-2009, 01:56 PM
huff post is basically saying...we like all these other guys because of their policies and we like Ron Paul because of his massive grassroots support that we would like to tap into without his policies.

Knightskye
01-21-2009, 06:51 PM
a what?

Trig's one of Sarah Palin's daughters, and I guess some people thought it could have been Bristol's.

If you go here:
http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2008/12/a-fourth-pictur.html

there's an article questioning whether Sarah was the mother. Toward the bottom, there are excerpts from other stories, calling for Trig's birth certificate. I tried to go to the story, but it didn't work - not that it'd be useful.

The_Orlonater
01-21-2009, 07:19 PM
Most of the Republican Party history isn't to my liking anyway. Statism is proven to be a failure, every time we allow capitalism or at least a bit of it to come in, it flourishes

Knightskye
01-22-2009, 12:40 AM
every time we allow capitalism or at least a bit of it to come in, it flourishes

Liberals call that an infestation. :p