PDA

View Full Version : How could Al Gore be such a raging idiot?

Jeremy
01-13-2009, 06:32 PM
I was just watching Lou Dobbs and there was a pretty long piece on this being a time of cooling. They had stats, facts, and everything. Some scientist was like "this is definitely a time of cooling." Isn't it amazing? If Al Gore was elected in 2000, he would have forcefully used billions of taxpayer money to do nothing but destroy the economy and tamper with the environment. So they're now saying that we're moving to another ice age while Al Gore is still living in his lala land.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
When was this?

decatren
01-13-2009, 07:11 PM
Aaccording to the idiot, globl warming causes global cooling hahahah :D
next time I am hot in the summer time, I'll be sure to turn up the heat in my car

dannno
01-13-2009, 07:20 PM
Aaccording to the idiot, globl warming causes global cooling hahahah :D
next time I am hot in the summer time, I'll be sure to turn up the heat in my car

Well global warming could potentially lead to weather event that would force the cold air from the upper atmosphere down into the lower atmosphere through some complicated mechanism involving ocean currents.. then a significant portion of the earth would suddenly be covered by snow, which would reflect heat away from the earth causing significant cooling. This "snowball" effect would eventually lead to an ice age. This is similar to the Nuclear Winter theory.

I just think Global Warming is a complete distraction from the real issues with our environment, such as toxic factory pollution, factory farming, etc.

CUnknown
01-13-2009, 08:37 PM
You guys just love to knock Al Gore, don't you?

purplechoe
01-13-2009, 08:41 PM

You mean the inventor of the internet? I think we like to knock on all our given overlords. Don't tell me that you're actually looking foreword to paying a carbon tax so that you have a permission to breath?

raystone
01-13-2009, 08:42 PM
Gore is most certainly NOT an idiot. He's a egomaniacal sociopath, like most politicians in power.

Google politicians sociopath

or

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0767915828/theshrubberyezin

jbuttell
01-13-2009, 09:45 PM

Hey, what do you mean by... "you guys" ? :P j/k

Yeah, can't stand the guy personally. A part of me dies every time I buy an apple product, knowing he's on the board.

Stary Hickory
01-13-2009, 09:56 PM
But he won a Nobel Prize...

ClayTrainor
01-13-2009, 10:03 PM

So did Krugman, a ego-maniacal Keynesian economist...

Stary Hickory
01-13-2009, 10:17 PM
So did Krugman, a ego-maniacal Keynesian economist...

Yeah I know, it's funny

DirtMcGirt
01-13-2009, 10:37 PM
Heard a rumor (from headhunter friend) that Al Gore and Colin Powell have been discussing business ventures related to a new wave of green cars. Met in SFran.

Brian4Liberty
01-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Don't know about Global Warming. But I am enjoying the sunny, 75 degree weather in the middle of winter.

lucius
01-14-2009, 12:31 AM
How could Al Gore be such a raging idiot?

high functioning psychopath as well...

RSLudlum
01-14-2009, 12:35 AM

so did the founders of Long Term Capital Management in 1997, and then they won a bailout, brokered by the Fed in 1998. ;)

amonasro
01-14-2009, 12:57 AM
I thought Gore used global warming as a political tactic to make boatloads of money and gain more power. I never thought he actually bought into it, either that he was deluded by all the money being thrown in his lap.

humanic
01-14-2009, 07:39 AM
I just think Global Warming is a complete distraction from the real issues with our environment, such as toxic factory pollution, factory farming, etc.

Absolutely.

Gore is most certainly NOT an idiot. He's a egomaniacal sociopath, like most politicians in power.

I thought Gore used global warming as a political tactic to make boatloads of money and gain more power. I never thought he actually bought into it, either that he was deluded by all the money being thrown in his lap.

You got it. Sociopathic Trilateral Commission member (http://www.augustreview.com/issues/globalization/the_trilateral_commission:_usurping_sovereignty_20 07080373/) Al Gore knows damn well that global warming is a fraud. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4860344067427439443&ei=IuptScaeN5j8qwLFiLi9BA&q=global+warming+global+governance)

acptulsa
01-14-2009, 07:48 AM
Well, lets see. His father was a senator for decades and raised him on all the tricks of power--including all the ones that will make you filthy rich (which he is).

Which is why I was just so pleased at the 'lesser of two evils' false dichotomy offered in 2000. He's a Dubya who occasionally grows a beard and is noticeably easier to understand...

As for the Nobel Prize--snicker. If you don't know how old Alfred Nobel got all that money for that endowment, go do a web search on him. That should clue you in on where the Nobel Committee's priorities lie.

TonySutton
01-14-2009, 09:00 AM

Not as much as the guys from South Park :P

lucius
01-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Well, lets see. His father was a senator for decades and raised him on all the tricks of power--including all the ones that will make you filthy rich (which he is).

Which is why I was just so pleased at the 'lesser of two evils' false dichotomy offered in 2000. He's a Dubya who occasionally grows a beard and is noticeably easier to understand...

As for the Nobel Prize--snicker. If you don't know how old Alfred Nobel got all that money for that endowment, go do a web search on him. That should clue you in on where the Nobel Committee's priorities lie.

Well put (+1)

paulitics
01-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I was just watching Lou Dobbs and there was a pretty long piece on this being a time of cooling. They had stats, facts, and everything. Some scientist was like "this is definitely a time of cooling." Isn't it amazing? If Al Gore was elected in 2000, he would have forcefully used billions of taxpayer money to do nothing but destroy the economy and tamper with the environment. So they're now saying that we're moving to another ice age while Al Gore is still living in his lala land.

They covered their bases by changing the mantra to climate change because the earth has not warmed for 10 years. Now, they can never be wrong. Gore will have to update his pretty graphs however to reflect the cooling. I predict a downward hockey stick. Brrrr..

mczerone
01-14-2009, 12:58 PM

Which also shows how self-centered and collectivist Al Nobel was: because his wife cheated on him with a Mathematician he didn't endow an award for the entire class of professionals working in that area.

So because the inventor of dynamite wasn't able to satisfy his wife, all mathematicians are SOL.