PDA

View Full Version : WNs and RP

Freedom 4 all
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Why do White Supremacists like Ron Paul? It's hard to deny that the stormfront crowd is generally behind RP and I'm frankly bewildered as to why this is. I'm 100% behind RP and most of my friends are not white and I am in no way racist (I enjoy the occasional joke but who doesn't?). Does anyone have any ideas what it is about our message that attracts racists?

Cowlesy
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
I've had trouble understanding it too, because if they are all Adolf Hitler fans I'd think they'd want a totalitarian/fascistic government, which is the antithesis of what Ron Paul brings to the table.

My guess is they like that RP is against foreign aid which plays to their nationalistic tendencies of wanting to keep our earnings at home, and that he wants to bring the troops home (don't like seeing our troops die for other people's causes).

pinkmandy
01-13-2009, 04:45 PM
I always figured it was because he's a Repub who is a big supporter of states rights (think civil war) and gun rights.

Mesogen
01-13-2009, 04:50 PM
He is for "freedom of association," which means that a racist would be free to not do business with someone they hate because of their race.

If a hotel owner did not want to admit blacks, then they would be able to deny blacks entry, but under today's laws, he cannot.

Private clubs are forced to admit people they do not want in their clubs because they get sued and under certain statutes you have to admit some people. At least you can't deny them because they are of a certain race.

Or if you don't want to hire someone you hate to work for you, why should you be forced to by the government?

This has always been my explanation for why the racists like Ron Paul so much.

clowns789
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
I've had trouble understanding it too, because if they are all Adolf Hitler fans I'd think they'd want a totalitarian/fascistic government, which is the antithesis of what Ron Paul brings to the table.

Most aren't Nazis, so they wouldn't want that kind of government. Or perhaps they support Nazis on their racial beliefs and anti-Semitism, but just don't believe the totalitiarian part.

My guess is they like that RP is against foreign aid which plays to their nationalistic tendencies of wanting to keep our earnings at home, and that he wants to bring the troops home (don't like seeing our troops die for other people's causes).

That might be. They don't like Israeli foreign aid in particular, so that makes sense. I think the main reason is they think the government is against them on most things (like affirmative action, illegal immigration, et al) so they think less government means less opposition to their beliefs.

With that said, I don't think we should lose sleep over it. Movements will get support from very different groups for very different reasons. For example, the anti-war crowd has the support of RP revolutionaries, Communists, and Nazis. So to say someone here is a commie and Nazi for believing what RP says is a logical fallacy. The same goes for us and White Nationalists.

MRoCkEd
01-13-2009, 05:28 PM
Freedom is popular!

clowns789
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
Freedom is popular!

That's the "half full" way of looking at it. :)