PDA

View Full Version : Colbert on "Honor", Hucckabee, and Ron Paul

Geronimo
09-12-2007, 05:05 AM
This is great!

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/09/11/colbert-klingons-and-republicans-debate-honor/

And that's Colbert, not Cplbert ..it's early.

USAFCapt
09-12-2007, 06:13 AM
Good one. Ron makes sense "in my headbone" but Huck makes sense "in my gut." Logic vs Emotions, which one wins out with sheeple?

adpierce
09-12-2007, 06:23 AM
I totally like how he pulled the Nixon quote out about Nam' and I love the whole confederacy analogy "stop two years after they should have." I wonder what Colbert could be talking about? Funny funny funny stuff. Imagine if Colbert and Jon Stewart were on the same ticket for the presidency, Ron Paul might have some serious competition.

Texan4Life
09-12-2007, 06:36 AM
awesome

BizmanUSA
09-12-2007, 07:05 AM
Class, Class . . . CLASS. . . Thank you . . . NOW The word of the debate is HONOR . . . who would like to explain to us what this word means? . . . OK, Stephan Colbert what is your explanation?

question asked by Sister Ellie Phant

Colbert is a HOOT! - This is wonderfully funny

netmasta10bt
09-12-2007, 07:24 AM
As someone said earlier somewhere on this forum. I believe Huckabee has confused the word 'honor' with pride.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 08:34 AM
I liked the clip of Rudy.
http://www.startrek-voyager.info/klingon1.jpg

RevolutionSD
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Bump, great stuff! Colbert just slammed Huck and bumped RP!

SeanEdwards
09-12-2007, 03:23 PM
I love Colbert's show. It just keeps getting better and better. :D

I love how he was able to endorse Paul's position in the showdown with Huckabee without actually saying so, and did it in a funny as hell way that just shredded on the warmongers.

"Calling honor is like calling shotgun" - Classic.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
yeah.. isn't he really a liberal satirist?

Killaspike
09-12-2007, 03:28 PM
yeah.. isn't he really a liberal satirist?

I think he is actually more of a conservative (non neocon type) and aligns with Dr.Paul on many stances when he is not in character.

Tina
09-12-2007, 03:32 PM
I read that he was supposed to be a parody of Bill O'Rielly.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I think he is actually more of a conservative (non neocon type) and aligns with Dr.Paul on many stances when he is not in character.

His fans have told me that he's really a liberal...that's why they like him. He's mocking neo cons

ClockwiseSpark
09-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I liked the clip of Rudy.
http://www.startrek-voyager.info/klingon1.jpg

That was hilarious!

freedominnumbers
09-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Colbert rocks cause it's the only tv show aside from America's Funniest Home Videos that makes me laugh.

MGreen
09-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Colbert has said before that he does agree with some of the things his character says. It seems to me like, though Colbert may vote Democratic more than Republican (not that I know if he does, but it is difficult to think of him as a loyal Republican), he is moderate and somewhat leans libertarian. He and Stewart make fun of government inaction and inefficiency as much as they do politicians and the media. People assume that Stewart is some ultra-liberal, but Colbert has said that Stewart's very quiet about his actual politics. It seems like, if he was a liberal, he wouldn't be shy about admitting to the popular opinion.

honkywill
09-12-2007, 04:27 PM
His fans have told me that he's really a liberal...that's why they like him. He's mocking neo cons

I'm a huge Colbert fan and I don't really think enough is learned through his satire to understand his political leaning.

He certainly sticks it to the neo-cons, but I don't believe that alone is ground for being a liberal.

All I know about his personal life is that he's a Catholic and teaches Sunday school.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm a huge Colbert fan and I don't really think enough is learned through his satire to understand his political leaning.

He certainly sticks it to the neo-cons, but I don't believe that alone is ground for being a liberal.

All I know about his personal life is that he's a Catholic and teaches Sunday school.

He teaches sunday school? lol well, I'm going on what his fans have told me.. "liberal playing conservative"

Eli
09-12-2007, 05:06 PM
"not in a fox news debate"
I LAUGHED SOOOOOO HARD!

honkywill
09-12-2007, 05:48 PM
He teaches sunday school? lol well, I'm going on what his fans have told me.. "liberal playing conservative"

I don't think more people can realize that liberals don't have full claim to being antiwar prologic.

inibo
09-12-2007, 06:13 PM
I don't know if he is a "liberal" or a "conservative." I do know he is a gifted entertainer and he's laughing all the way to the bank. I say he's earned every penny.

literatim
09-12-2007, 06:36 PM
Stewart is a major liberal commie and I know Colbert doesn't agree with him on politics.