PDA

View Full Version : If RP runs in 2012...

AggieforPaul
01-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Then will guys like Sanford and Johnson step aside and endorse him? I'm afraid a guy like Sanford could quickly run Paul's campaign into the ground before ir even got started. To the untrained eye, he's a younger, better looking, more articulate version of Ron Paul without the baggage or media spin. But while there's a lot I like about him, I don't think his record or his conviction can hold a candle to RP's. If Paul chooses not to run in 2012, I'll probably support Sanford, but if he does run, I hope Sanford steps aside.

qh4dotcom
01-13-2009, 09:01 PM
I think all of them should run and at a later stage (maybe after a few primaries) whoever is behind in the polls should drop out and endorse whoever is ahead in the polls.

Three candidates promoting the liberty message is better than one candidate promoting the liberty message.

dr. hfn
01-14-2009, 12:04 AM
do not sacrifice liberty on the altar of success

Flirple
01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't think Sanford (if he was running) would ever step aside if Ron ran. However, I think a Sanford run seriously plays into Ron's decision of if he wants to run or not.

Sanford is only a reason for optimism if you compare him to the rest of the Republican party. If you compare him to Ron Paul then you will see him as being only marginally better than the status quo. And I'm not sure he doesn't view Ron's and our semi supportive words as a liability rather than an asset when it comes to his political ambitions.

He's just another opportunistic politician. I remember this quote from an old article back during the campaign when Sanford could have been a stud and jumped into the good fight with us but flinched instead:
When I arrived, Jesse was in the lobby chatting with Special Agent Ken Bran-ham, a hulking detective with the South Carolina state police who had been assigned to make sure Paul made it to the debate on time. Jesse was telling Branham that Paul was good friends with the governor of South Carolina, Mark Sanford, and Branham, who had a head like a pickle jar and an unflappable poker face, offered to call one of his contacts on the governor’s security team to see if he could arrange a visit to the mansion after the debate. Later, as I headed out to the hotel’s sundeck to meet Carol and the family, I heard Branham making the promised call. His voice was steadily neutral, but it was evident that the person on the other end of the line was more than a little dubious about a visit from Ron Paul. http://www.democracyisnotfreedom.com/RonPaul_TexasMonthly01.asp

RickyJ
01-14-2009, 02:07 AM
Let them all run and may the best man/woman win.

If I believed we had fair elections and I believed politicians weren't so easily bought off and intimidated then it would be great to get the vote out. As it is now it is merely a show. We do not have a representative form of government in reality, only on paper. We are a conquered nation that just hasn't realized it yet. The Presidency means little even if Ron Paul gets it if he can just be shot anytime he does something contrary to the will of the elite. John Kennedy tried, look where it got him. We are a conquered nation in more ways than one. Slaves to the elite. :(

speciallyblend
01-14-2009, 02:21 AM
I would VOTE RON PAUL in a HEARTBEAT IN 2012, as far as im concerned he is the only honest man left in politics if there is such a thing! If we have 4 yrs of hell,it might be a blessing for Ron Paul. I am no bible thumper ,but the lord works in mysterious ways!

Ron Paul woke alot more people up then most think from all parties;)

libertarian4321
01-14-2009, 12:42 PM
I don't think Sanford (if he was running) would ever step aside if Ron ran. However, I think a Sanford run seriously plays into Ron's decision of if he wants to run or not.

Sanford is only a reason for optimism if you compare him to the rest of the Republican party. If you compare him to Ron Paul then you will see him as being only marginally better than the status quo. And I'm not sure he doesn't view Ron's and our semi supportive words as a liability rather than an asset when it comes to his political ambitions.

He's just another opportunistic politician. I remember this quote from an old article back during the campaign when Sanford could have been a stud and jumped into the good fight with us but flinched instead:

I really don't think that RP will run again in 2012- its certainly not something we should rely on given his age. We need to find someone else willing to run, even if they aren't as good.

There have to be better options than McCain/Palin/Obama/Biden- none of who is worthy of the office.

ShannonOBrien
01-14-2009, 12:44 PM
Not matter what, we need to make sure that the liberty vote is NOT split this time.

Fox McCloud
01-14-2009, 12:55 PM
I hate to put a wet blanket on a warm, cozy couch, but I have serious doubts that Ron Paul will run in 2012...granted, it certainly is possible he could, but I just don't really see it happening. He'd be 76 during the primary season and 77 by the time campaigning would begin for the Presidency.

I would really be surprised if Ron retired within the next 4-10 years, to be blunt...then again, I could be dead wrong.

speciallyblend
01-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I hate to put a wet blanket on a warm, cozy couch, but I have serious doubts that Ron Paul will run in 2012...granted, it certainly is possible he could, but I just don't really see it happening. He'd be 76 during the primary season and 77 by the time campaigning would begin for the Presidency.

I would really be surprised if Ron retired within the next 4-10 years, to be blunt...then again, I could be dead wrong.

I think we all know the odds are against this but we can still dream and hope:) what other option to we really have? after this election cycle the last people i trust are the leadership of the gop!
the gop is not moving forward. They are moving backwards and possibly need to fall off the cliff before they actually need help. The gop i kinda of relate to a heroin addict in denial!! you cannot help them until they hit ROCK BOTTOM!

Fox McCloud
01-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I think we all know the odds are against this but we can still dream and hope:)

indeed, but let us not have our dreams ascend too high; better to have medium to low dreams and they get fulfilled often, than to have ultra-high dreams that never get fulfilled.

brandon
01-14-2009, 01:38 PM
There's no use thinking about this.

All we can do is hope that Paul runs, and do everything in our power to get him the nomination regardless of who else is in the field.