PDA

View Full Version : Turn Your Driver's License Into a Debit Card

Knightskye
01-12-2009, 10:58 PM
http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/turn-drivers-license-into-debit-card-1273.php

Seems a little fishy.

Apparently you save 3 cents per gallon at the gas station. And maybe some change on your slim jims in the mini mart.

What do you guys think?

sevin
01-13-2009, 08:34 AM
Eventually we'll each have one card for everything.

I don't really like it.

nodope0695
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Damn good idea...if it worked at WaWa here in Maryland, I'd give it a try.

Not very many stores participated just yet....good if you live in Texas though.

Have a look: https://www.paymentcard.com/secure/storelocator0_new.php?mcd=7a06927218fdb2fb&type=1&bannerfile=mtg/images/header.jpg&bgfile=../images/bg0.jpg

acptulsa
01-13-2009, 08:58 AM
Somebody wants us to be completely weaned from cash. They're hoping it will be such a pain to barter for contraband that the black markets dry up. That way, you won't be able to buy anything except from a multinational corporation. Now won't that be better? Your DL isn't in your billfold, it is your billfold. I have so many problems with that.

We've got all these garage sales going on, and they don't produce the government one penny of sales tax. You do realize, don't you, that this just won't do...

Been speaking out against this crap for a long time. They were kind enough to shoot themselves in the foot on it. They spread credit cards far and wide, and that was a big step away from cash. Then they got greedy and paid Congress to eliminate all the usury laws surrounding credit cards, and almost sent us back to cash. If it weren't for the debit card they'd have hobbled themselves with that shot to the foot.

I don't care if seeing Andy Jackson's face under the legend, 'Federal Reserve Note' offends you or not. Use cash whenever and wherever you can! We've got to keep it 'too popular to discontinue'.

nodope0695
01-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Eventually we'll each have one card for everything.

I don't really like it.

You mean on "CHIP" for everything....scary:eek:

Chester Copperpot
01-13-2009, 09:05 AM
Somebody wants us to be completely weaned from cash. They're hoping it will be such a pain to barter for contraband that the black markets dry up. That way, you won't be able to buy anything except from a multinational corporation. Now won't that be better? Your DL isn't in your billfold, it is your billfold. I have so many problems with that.

We've got all these garage sales going on, and they don't produce the government one penny of sales tax. You do realize, don't you, that this just won't do...

Been speaking out against this crap for a long time. They were kind enough to shoot themselves in the foot on it. They spread credit cards far and wide, and that was a big step away from cash. Then they got greedy and paid Congress to eliminate all the usury laws surrounding credit cards, and almost sent us back to cash. If it weren't for the debit card they'd have hobbled themselves with that shot to the foot.

I don't care if seeing Andy Jackson's face under the legend, 'Federal Reserve Note' offends you or not. Use cash whenever and wherever you can! We've got to keep it 'too popular to discontinue'.

Thats a good point.. Im a cash and carry kind of guy.

mconder
01-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Turn Your Driver's License Into a Debit Card

Why, when I would so much rather turn my wrist and forehead into a credit card.

Elwar
01-13-2009, 09:45 AM
It would be easier if we all just got a tattoo with a number...like on our arm or something.

Hey...if it saves me 3 cents in gas...

A. Havnes
01-13-2009, 09:51 AM

That's right! I use cash whenever I can, except for online because I have no choice. But I don't think online games count as multinational corporations, and I know eBay doesn't! :)

However, anything bought directly from a store or from a store online is payed with cash. I won't use a card.

hadenough
01-13-2009, 09:52 AM

Well Said! Couldn't agree more. I try to use cash as much as I can.

sevin
01-13-2009, 04:36 PM
Ever seen this shit?: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaDl770W1lA

See all the sheep going in and out of the building like cattle? And when a guy tries to use cash, it screws up everything! Look how angry the people are and how embarrassed the guy is. What a bunch of propaganda.

In my personal experience, people using debit cards slow things down. They're always screwing up, pressing the wrong buttons, etc. If people would all use cash, things would go a lot more smoothly.

Knightskye
01-15-2009, 11:50 PM
In my personal experience, people using debit cards slow things down. They're always screwing up, pressing the wrong buttons, etc. If people would all use cash, things would go a lot more smoothly.

Yeah, I know. People press "No" instead of "Yes", or they "accidentally" hit the Cancel button and have to start all over. Or they put in the wrong PIN. Or they slide the card the wrong way.