PDA

View Full Version : Okay, NEW BANNER 4 telephone Polls -- please rate.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:08 AM
Okay, I decided to rework the telephone poll banner. This is the the type of sign you staple to Telephone Polls, or hold up at rally's.

Please let me know what you think. Any critiquest.
Take the poll - IF you rate below a "6" please tell me why. I am not sensitive at all about it. :)

This banner will measure: 14" x 22"

Colors should be RED, DARK BLUE, and WHITE

PLEASE VOTE AND PING THE THREAD, WHICH ONE. I added these AFTER the pole was created.

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle1.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle2.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle3.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle4.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle5.gif

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 01:18 AM
Nice that you have a natural predator the attacks the defenseless looking toward peace. It does stand out nicely from a distance.

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:21 AM
My only suggestions are to have the 'Take Back' in White, so it pops from the page, more easily seen from a distance, and at 50mph
The 3 stars could also be white, as they are on the American flag, in field of blue...

Shatterhand
09-12-2007, 01:23 AM
Hey, Lord Xar,

Very catchy message and wonderful drawing.

I was wondering if the white lettering on red backdrop will be easily seen from a distance? Maybe blue or black lettering on a white back drop would be better seen? Also, "Ron Paul" could be a bit larger. What do you think? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:25 AM
Hey, Lord Xar,

Very catchy message and wonderful drawing.

I was wondering if the white lettering on red backdrop will be easily seen from a distance? Maybe blue or black lettering on a white back drop would be better seen? Also, "Ron Paul" could be a bit larger. What do you think? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

yes, I agree.. Ron Paul could be bigger and I'll change that up in additon to making the letters white for "take back"..

I can't use too many colors... as it will get expensive printing in mass...

I "could" outline that white lettering to make it stand out more...

Hamburglar
09-12-2007, 01:26 AM
Very nice.

richard1984
09-12-2007, 01:27 AM
I agree that 'Ron Paul' should somehow be bigger. I also agree that 'take back' should be white so as to stand out better and so that people don't try to throw the word 'liberty' into the middle of 'take back America'.

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 01:28 AM

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:29 AM
good suggestions..

FOR THOSE RATING IT BELOW A "6" --- PLEASE GIVE CRITICISM.

I don't care if its bad criticism.. I have thick skin. I am not a designer, so whatever you offer will be taken nicely... I don't take my "designs" to heart. :)

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:30 AM
It sounds fringe and a little strange. I love the idea, and please don't this as offense, but it reads like we are suggesting that America take Liberty back from someone or that we need to Take Back Liberty From America.

The Take Back part looks like we are itching for a fight.

How about telling them what they get with Ron Paul, instead of asking them to do something.

How about Ron Paul: Get Your Country Back! That sort of sums up my position on what I think you gain with a Ron Paul Presidency anyway.

And make the Ron Paul much larger print so it can be seen from far away and easily read as you pass by it from a large distance.

Love the colors and the artwork. But it is difficult to read red on blue from far away.

I guess the way it is it sounds angry and a battle cry to pick up arms. That might be great for garnering our troops, but I think it will scare the masses. Give them a gift. Prey on their hatred for illegal immigration and high taxes and corporate control and loss of power and feelings of impotence and apathy.

good ideas...

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:33 AM
how about..

"get a free country" (someone suggested this in another group)

or

"The Doctor has a fix"

or

"Restore the Republic"

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:35 AM
It sounds fringe and a little strange. I love the idea, and please don't this as offense, but it reads like we are suggesting that America take Liberty back from someone or that we need to Take Back Liberty From America.

The Take Back part looks like we are itching for a fight.

How about telling them what they get with Ron Paul, instead of asking them to do something.

How about Ron Paul: Get Your Country Back! That sort of sums up my position on what I think you gain with a Ron Paul Presidency anyway.

And make the Ron Paul much larger print so it can be seen from far away and easily read as you pass by it from a large distance.

Love the colors and the artwork. But it is difficult to read red on blue from far away.

I guess the way it is it sounds angry and a battle cry to pick up arms. That might be great for garnering our troops, but I think it will scare the masses. Give them a gift. Prey on their hatred for illegal immigration and high taxes and corporate control and loss of power and feelings of impotence and apathy.

'Take back' may be itching for a fight, but this a fight, how can we get back our country w/o taking it? Those running it now don't seem willing to just give it back....theyre more interested in giving it away...

thomj76
09-12-2007, 01:39 AM
My suggestion is:

Help Reclaim the Dream that is America.

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Just curious would the reverse stand out more?

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4356/libertybannerris7.gif

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:44 AM
NEW ONE: WHAT NEEDS TO BE MODIFIED?

CHECK FIRST POST FOR NEW FILE!!!!!

Keep those critics coming.

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:45 AM
Of course you are correct, but will that draw people in or scare them away? All they want to know is what they get out of the deal. Remember, we are trying to get people who are not already Ron Paul supporters. I think we already have the market cornered on the group that wants to fight.

Now let's go get the apathetic ones who don't even know what the Constitution is. Let's draw them in. Let them know what Ron Paul does for them.

Get your country back! covers so many issues - the Fed, the Iraq soldiers coming home, guarding the borders, getting your liberty and freedoms back, gaining more power, keeping your wages, etc. See what I mean?

I think draw them in more than scare them off...people are pissed and don't need wishy washy statements like the other candidates are giving them...they need to hear the impassioned plea....the apathetic ones need a waking up, not their hands held....

just my .02

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:47 AM
Just curious would the reverse stand out more?

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4356/libertybannerris7.gif

thats nauseating....:D

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 01:48 AM
thats nauseating....:D
:D :D

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:51 AM
I posted a new one... just referesh the opening thread. if you are still seeing the old one, just right click and say "view image" so you get the new cached image..

I changed some colors and added "restore the republic"... let me know if that is "catchy" enough..

we could go "fun" and say things like "the doctor has the cure".. there is also "save your country"

anyways, let me know.

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 01:51 AM

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
Xar, that looks good ...white on blue ... try this ...Restore ...America...its simple and to the point

Buzz my YM

Abobo
09-12-2007, 01:53 AM
I love it. But making it in full color will make it cost more to reproduce won't it? If it was black and white you could just go to the copy store and run out a zillion copies for a few bucks.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:57 AM
I love it. But making it in full color will make it cost more to reproduce won't it? If it was black and white you could just go to the copy store and run out a zillion copies for a few bucks.

oh no.. this is for thick lamenated board to post on telephone polls and to wave at rallies, this isn't a 'flayer' -- this for posting high so drivers can see.

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:00 AM
[...

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:03 AM
Restore America?

or

Freedom is Popular

or

LIBERTY

--- ron paul -- (in the banner on the eagle)

FREEDOM

or

AMERICA
IS YOURS

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I doubt one in 100 know what Republic means. Make it one in 1000. So they don't know why it needs restoring. Sounds so 1700s and again, fringe. Also sounds like a civil war reenactment poster.

I like the doctor has the cure. People know the country is broken. They know their lives are broken. I also like pointing out that he is a doctor. People trust doctors. How about that? Ron Paul - You Can Trust a Doctor. Nah, I like yours better.

Also, as it is right now it reads: Restore the Liberty Republic.

I agree most dont know what a Republic is...and it does look like a Union enlistment poster for Civil War..:D

Restore America be understood by all

Shatterhand
09-12-2007, 02:04 AM
I thought I saw the slogan, "Go, Ron Paul!" somewhere.

While driving one might not even have a chance to read anything beyond a few words.

Ron Paul
President 2008

Go,
Ron
Paul!

Black lettering on white background is easier to see than any other color combination.

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:05 AM

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:07 AM
Xar, that looks good ...white on blue ... try this ...Restore ...America...its simple and to the point

Buzz my YM

I don't have it on this computer ..... I have aol ---

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:10 AM

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:11 AM
OKAY --- Modified.. RON PAUL is bigger.. and new slogan.. simple "restore america"

http://www.mmashirts.com/liberty_banner2.gif

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:12 AM

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:12 AM
ok, I open my aol...same name

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:13 AM

Thunderbolt
09-12-2007, 02:14 AM

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:14 AM
xar, I think ya have a winner...simple, easy to read...Id use it...

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:16 AM
I know you like the liberty in the middle, but it is really messing with all of your good ideas. Take out the liberty and it will read much better.

what would you suggest in the middle "freedom"????

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:18 AM
I know you like the liberty in the middle, but it is really messing with all of your good ideas. Take out the liberty and it will read much better.

I dont think so...they read different because theyre different colors...but could read as...Restore Liberty....Restore America... so still all good

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:20 AM

Thunderbolt thinks the middle should be blank...I disagree

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:23 AM

okay.. what about this one??

http://www.mmashirts.com/liberty_banner3.gif

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 02:30 AM
I dunno Xar...

i think getting too wordy for a telephone pole sign...good for a rally sign though...
I still think the simple Restore America was good and too the point as the main message...the Freedom is Popular is a good addition...all in all, the last version worked for me

Thunderbolt is off forum

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 03:13 AM
bump

Revolution9
09-12-2007, 04:15 AM

Stop listening to TB.. He is simply meddling and will ruin the base effect. Words are fine now and the banner is off on ts own. If he is reading that as part of the message there is no hope to please him. Or you can destroy the heraldic iconography just to please his persnickeddyness. I fire clients like him several times a year.

Randy

wgadget
09-12-2007, 06:16 AM
I love the retro look to it. It's very turn of the century. I think it will attract attention.

Ebuchholz
09-12-2007, 06:41 AM
Are you going to distribute the source files, or print and sell these? I'd like to start posting them.

goldenequity
09-12-2007, 06:58 AM
I say "CUT and PRINT" !!! Like it alot xar..... nuther FINE job! :)

EvoPro
09-12-2007, 09:17 AM
Good job XAR. I like the "restore america" one. Perhaps make the liberty eagle smaller so you can make the "president 2008" and the "restore america" larger.

thomj76
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
How about:

Restore

Liberty

Hope For

America

That way we incorporate the official slogan as well.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 12:16 PM
bump... please see "FIRST three BANNERS IN THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD"..

criticisms please.

American
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
I'll vote but I would use the word "take our" instead of "get your" was that mentioned already. Get your, sounds like a gimmick for some reason.

Take our country back!

TheConstitutionLives
09-12-2007, 12:28 PM
I like the 3rd one best.

TheConstitutionLives
09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
I'll vote but I would use the word "take our" instead of "get your" was that mentioned already. Get your, sounds like a gimmick for some reason.

Take our country back!

Really? I like "GET YOUR" better b/c that personalizes it. Gives you the impression that you have a personal stake in it.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:07 PM
HOW ABOUT THESE:

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle1.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle2.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle3.gif

http://www.mmashirts.com/eagle4.gif

PennCustom4RP
09-12-2007, 01:16 PM
Xar, I prefer the 'Restore America', but 'Take Back' is equally good...

Make them both.

McDermit
09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I like "take your country back" / "take back your country"

Then again, I like Restore the Republic as well...

JoshLowry
09-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I prefer 'Restore America' as well but either way they look great and will work fine!

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I just added one more at the bottom.. "Save our Country"

voortrekker
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
I like "Restore America".

This nostalgic look is awesome.

Gun owners will really like your design me thinks!

GREAT JOB!:)

I would definitely like to get some of these when they are printed.

Keep us updated.

McDermit
09-12-2007, 01:34 PM
Not sure if you already answered it, but will you be selling the prints or will they also be available for download?

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 01:39 PM
Not sure if you already answered it, but will you be selling the prints or will they also be available for download?

well.. truth be told... I have it on good source that whomever gets these made will be making them available for "FREE" - only a shipping charge will be accessed because 'this' persons wants as much of America plastered with POLL banners as possible...

The person told me that he/she wants people to post these everywhere and sometimes 'make your own' is enough to discourage persons from getting active..

so hopefully, these will be seen throu america...

first run will probably be around "2,000", if each sign generates 3,000 views...

that is: 6,000,000 Million Views, conservative.

Ebuchholz
09-12-2007, 01:56 PM
well.. truth be told... I have it on good source that whomever gets these made will be making them available for "FREE" - only a shipping charge will be accessed because 'this' persons wants as much of America plastered with POLL banners as possible...

The person told me that he/she wants people to post these everywhere and sometimes 'make your own' is enough to discourage persons from getting active..

so hopefully, these will be seen throu america...

first run will probably be around "2,000", if each sign generates 3,000 views...

that is: 6,000,000 Million Views, conservative.

I'll buy 20 or so. My friends and I have some midnight guerilla marketing to do.

Need a group buy on stickers and slim jims and buttons too.

Dary
09-12-2007, 02:36 PM
FWIW

America... hmmm..

What about The U.S.A.?

Restore The U.S.A.

Ebuchholz
09-12-2007, 02:40 PM
FWIW

America... hmmm..

What about The U.S.A.?

Restore The U.S.A.

Just my personal opinion, but semantics and wording are much less important than having Dr. Paul's name on them, printed, and posted. Time is short my friends.

Lord Xar
09-12-2007, 02:41 PM
FWIW

America... hmmm..

What about The U.S.A.?

Restore The U.S.A.

What about "America" doesn't gel with you?

BlCkDeAtH
09-12-2007, 02:49 PM
Ron Paul

The Best Kept Secret in America

Find out why at ronpaull2008.com

what do you think?

Edit: Replace "Find our why at" with "Discover Him at"

Dary
09-12-2007, 02:59 PM
What about "America" doesn't gel with you?

I like the poster.

But America is one of two different continents.

But whatever you decide works for me. I was just saying...

LibertyEagle
09-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't know if there is room for it, but I also like

Take Back Your Country

I can't quite put my finger on it why I greatly prefer it over Take Back America, but maybe it's because it brings the voter into it the action, rather than the implication that Dr. Paul would do it alone. Does that make sense?

Rivington Essex
09-12-2007, 03:24 PM
Say something like

Ron Paul beats Rudy.
Ron Paul Wins Fox Debate
Ron Paul Wins NH Poll

Somehting that conveys he is successful and winning.