PDA

View Full Version : Please Do Not Beat Up Campaign Staff - Thanks

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 10:49 PM
You post a private message to a public forum and then you insult me...nice. I guess no good deed or kind word goes unpunished around these parts.

I'm sorry you guys, I thought I was doing something positive and helpful by involving myself in these forum discussions and making my email available to you. Buy a small number of "supporters" have been filling my private box and e-mail everyday with nasty-grams telling me what a bunch of idiots we, the campaign staff, are. It's soul killing and I'm not going to do it anymore. To the majority of you who care about electing Ron and want to work together to accomplish this, I am as disappointed as you. I hope I see you all on the campaign trail. (posted by campaign staff)

(Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbolt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
This is a tough job, and we take it very seriously. We listen to suggestions all of the time, some we adopt, some we don't, some get put in the hopper and it takes a while to get them implemented. We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library. That is a time consuming process and is being done by someone who has 20 other projects on their desk that other people are also asking why they weren't done yesterday and feeling indigent about.

Quote:
I won't put this on the public forums, but I have sent out 4 messages to the campaign, one directly to Lew, three to Justine and called national HQ 7 times to ask them to do exactly that: add a link to Ron Paul's articles from the Library. I started asking this in March.

I am only telling you this because so far, the campaign has treated folks who write to them pretty poorly.

I also suggested that they sell car windshield sun visors. You can buy them online printed for 2 bucks each. Sell them for five plus shipping and you can make a fortune. Plus, think of all the huge signs in the cars that could be seen from several stories up if your office overlooks a parking lot. There are tons of sites online that do this kind of printing on cardboard sun visors.

Here is one site: http://www.extra-mile.com/decal/gl-069sunb.htm

I don't know anything about the company, but they are not the only ones that do this.

Plus, Meetup groups could distribute them and sell them to raise funds? Remember the old Moonies? They made a fortune off of kids selling roses on the street. Can we make money doing this?

They aren't cheap until you buy a lot of them. Or I would do it myself.

Even without the last two ideas, these would look great in car windows.

Can you please get this product on the Ron Paul store in the main website? ASAP. I have been asking about this for months and months and months. No one has even bothered to respond to me.

So, what about the windshield sunscreen idea?

And as far as uploading the info onto Ron Paul's website, why does it take over 6 months to implement? This campaign isn't that long. Don't cry about having too much work - ask for 100 volunteers. Or 1000. Or whatever you need. You have the people out here who can do the work. Don't be silly about this and so put upon. I know if you asked for some computer geeks to help you upload things onto your site, you would have 100 people jumping over themselves to do the work for you.

Start running the campaign a little smarter. You have a lot of help out here. You have over 40,000 people across the country that take time out of their schedules to help Ron Paul every day. Why do I constantly hear that you don't have enough help? You don't have to pay any of us you know.

I personally am working 100 hours a week for Ron Paul, and I get nothing to do it, so I don't want to hear that you are busy or that the guy who is going to get to that some day has 20 projects on his desk. He shouldn't. He should have 50 volunteers doing the work for him.

You don't have the time to not listen to this. You lost Iowa because everyone was working too hard and all the balls kept dropping. Don't do it again.

We here in Phoenix have been told there is going to be a big telephone push sometime in December. But January 7, is the drop dead date to become a Republican to vote in the primary. Again - you are waiting too long to get things started. Half of December is gone with folks out on holiday, so what do you want to give us? Two weeks to call tens of thousands of voters?

I am angry because I am tired of the excuses from the campaign and you are going to rob us of the one chance to have the only President who ever cared about the people. And all because some guy has too many projects on his desk?

Go get some volunteers. Thousands of them. Let's go.

What really makes me angry is you say"We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library." I told you this needed to be done in March, April, May, June, June, June, July, and August. You agreed that this is a great idea. So why have we lost so much time? We can't get it back. The folks who looked at a hard to navigate website that has no information on it are gone. You can't get them back. This is a number one priority. It is how you get his message out to the people. )

What the heck??? I know you guys are the Heart and Soul of the RP Campaign - but please do not beat up HQ - IF they can't respond to you there is a reason - if it is such a good idea - immplement yourself!!!!:)

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 10:54 PM
What is this, George. Are these just copies of posts that others made elsewhere on this board, or what?

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Im going to bed.

I cant believe this sh*t.

Im starting to think this forum is something I shouldnt participate on because of all the drama.

I would never dream of berating the campaign staff over something like that. If you have that much time on your hands go do something else other than berate the campaign.

Look I live near the campaign, I volunteer there, they are GOOD people. They are very busy and they work very long hours.

Have some faith, calm down a little, get some perspective.

(and just in case you want to ask, NO, I will not take any messages to anyone in the campaign and NO, I will not try to obtain any information. The campaign is doing a good job and I trust their announcements)

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 10:59 PM
What is this, George. Are these just copies of posts that others made elsewhere on this board, or what?

Yes , they are...sorry to say - the sad thing is they are wel meaning - but putting the BEAT down on campaign staff accomplishes nothing.:)

hard@work
09-11-2007, 10:59 PM
Delete this #*%ing thread.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Yes , they are...sorry to say - the sad thing is they are wel meaning - but putting the BEAT down on campaign staff accomplishes nothing.:)

Maybe you should edit your post to make clear that it was Don who was speaking. The way it stands now, it looks like it was your post, instead of his. Kinda confusing.

I think part of the problem George, is that people are so starved for some kind of communication from the campaign, that the first chance they had in getting any information, they kinda went overboard. It's too bad, because Don was trying to do a good thing and he was a really great resource for us to get information.

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 11:02 PM
Maybe you should edit your post to make clear that it was Don who was speaking. The way it stands now, it looks like it was your post, instead of his. Kinda confusing.

I changed it to campaign staff - crazy stuff uh?

hard@work
09-11-2007, 11:03 PM
Yeah, sorry ghemminger I'm just not in the mood to see anything but hard work and love right now. I mistook the context. But we're really spreading the bad vibes past the isolated incidents here and that needs to be quelched. There is no reason to have a national discussion because of miscommunication or misunderstandings.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 11:09 PM
isolated incidents

Totally isolated.

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
You post a private message to a public forum and then you insult me...nice. I guess no good deed or kind word goes unpunished around these parts.

I'm sorry you guys, I thought I was doing something positive and helpful by involving myself in these forum discussions and making my email available to you. Buy a small number of "supporters" have been filling my private box and e-mail everyday with nasty-grams telling me what a bunch of idiots we, the campaign staff, are. It's soul killing and I'm not going to do it anymore. To the majority of you who care about electing Ron and want to work together to accomplish this, I am as disappointed as you. I hope I see you all on the campaign trail. (posted by campaign staff)

(Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don
This is a tough job, and we take it very seriously. We listen to suggestions all of the time, some we adopt, some we don't, some get put in the hopper and it takes a while to get them implemented. We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library. That is a time consuming process and is being done by someone who has 20 other projects on their desk that other people are also asking why they weren't done yesterday and feeling indigent about.

Quote:
I won't put this on the public forums, but I have sent out 4 messages to the campaign, one directly to Lew, three to Justine and called national HQ 7 times to ask them to do exactly that: add a link to Ron Paul's articles from the Library. I started asking this in March.

I am only telling you this because so far, the campaign has treated folks who write to them pretty poorly.

I also suggested that they sell car windshield sun visors. You can buy them online printed for 2 bucks each. Sell them for five plus shipping and you can make a fortune. Plus, think of all the huge signs in the cars that could be seen from several stories up if your office overlooks a parking lot. There are tons of sites online that do this kind of printing on cardboard sun visors.

Here is one site: http://www.extra-mile.com/decal/gl-069sunb.htm

I don't know anything about the company, but they are not the only ones that do this.

Plus, Meetup groups could distribute them and sell them to raise funds? Remember the old Moonies? They made a fortune off of kids selling roses on the street. Can we make money doing this?

They aren't cheap until you buy a lot of them. Or I would do it myself.

Even without the last two ideas, these would look great in car windows.

Can you please get this product on the Ron Paul store in the main website? ASAP. I have been asking about this for months and months and months. No one has even bothered to respond to me.

So, what about the windshield sunscreen idea?

And as far as uploading the info onto Ron Paul's website, why does it take over 6 months to implement? This campaign isn't that long. Don't cry about having too much work - ask for 100 volunteers. Or 1000. Or whatever you need. You have the people out here who can do the work. Don't be silly about this and so put upon. I know if you asked for some computer geeks to help you upload things onto your site, you would have 100 people jumping over themselves to do the work for you.

Start running the campaign a little smarter. You have a lot of help out here. You have over 40,000 people across the country that take time out of their schedules to help Ron Paul every day. Why do I constantly hear that you don't have enough help? You don't have to pay any of us you know.

I personally am working 100 hours a week for Ron Paul, and I get nothing to do it, so I don't want to hear that you are busy or that the guy who is going to get to that some day has 20 projects on his desk. He shouldn't. He should have 50 volunteers doing the work for him.

You don't have the time to not listen to this. You lost Iowa because everyone was working too hard and all the balls kept dropping. Don't do it again.

We here in Phoenix have been told there is going to be a big telephone push sometime in December. But January 7, is the drop dead date to become a Republican to vote in the primary. Again - you are waiting too long to get things started. Half of December is gone with folks out on holiday, so what do you want to give us? Two weeks to call tens of thousands of voters?

I am angry because I am tired of the excuses from the campaign and you are going to rob us of the one chance to have the only President who ever cared about the people. And all because some guy has too many projects on his desk?

Go get some volunteers. Thousands of them. Let's go.

What really makes me angry is you say"We didn't add a link to the library for the reason you mentioned, we are uploading Ron's speeches and other info that is also available on the library." I told you this needed to be done in March, April, May, June, June, June, July, and August. You agreed that this is a great idea. So why have we lost so much time? We can't get it back. The folks who looked at a hard to navigate website that has no information on it are gone. You can't get them back. This is a number one priority. It is how you get his message out to the people. )

What the heck??? I know you guys are the Heart and Soul of the RP Campaign - but please do not beat up HQ - IF they can't respond to you there is a reason - if it is such a good idea - immplement yourself!!!!:)

Wtf?? Translation??

Well Don and the crew should frankly ignore people who are being total assholes to them. All of us reasoned folks know that Ron Paul's campaign staff isn't doing it for the money or the name recognition, it's all about BELIEVING in RON, and his MESSAGE...and how IMPORTANT it is to this country.

It is up to all of US to raise more money so they can afford more help!!!!!

Be supportive of the HQ guys----don't you all think that it's motivating when you receive kind words of encouragement!?

Stop bitching when they can't get back to you on every freakin' idea that pops into your head. There are 100's of supporters right here that are willing to help. There was an addage by someone I can't remember, but it was "If you want something done right, do it yourself."

And I agree, delete this thread. It does NO GOOD for anyone here.

Dan Klaus
09-11-2007, 11:11 PM
The power of this campaign is that volunteers are able and encouraged to work independently from headquarters...its the strength of this movement...sorry for the all the bad feelings...and hope we can keep the eye on the ball...

ditto on deleting this thread...

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Somehow, we've got to get back on a positive note in this forum. This kind of thing does no good and looks horrible to anyone that might happen onto this forum.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:13 PM
Sorry George. I think it should be deleted too.

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 11:14 PM
Sorry George. I think it should be deleted too.

No prob. but you should probably delete two threads because I just copied it from the sticky

hard@work
09-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Sticky's are usually ignored which is good. Which threads are these on already?

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:17 PM
It's ok where it is in Don's stickied thread. Hopefully, he will be back. Let's just give him a few days to cool off and whomever insulted him should apologize.

American
09-11-2007, 11:18 PM
I know about free speech and all but shouldnt there be a moderator to control what is said here since we all seem to have the same objective then there shouldnt be that big of a deal..

I dont like it but if its come to that then someone should moderate the board.

my 2 cents,

edit: Not what is said but how it is said in the context of the thread, that make sense? Trust there are trolls here trying to disrupt the flow of the board.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 11:21 PM
We do have moderators. They just do not have a heavy hand. What are you thinking needs moderating?