PDA

View Full Version : Reporting back to you from my county Republican executive elections today

ShannonOBrien
01-11-2009, 02:13 AM
First off, let me say that I had previously gone only to my Republican party caucuses and never a post-election party event. This meeting was to elect new party leadership. I didn't really know who anyone was and couldn't find any fellow Paulites until after the elections took place.

Anyway, before the votes were taken, the candidates running for the various positions made speeches as to why they should be voted for. I couldn't believe how many Paulites were running! It was continually alluded to that there was a huge divide in the party between the "Ron Paul people" and... everyone else. But you know what I noticed? That is only part of it. The truth is, the Republican party is only made up of baby boomers. That's it. They completely skipped over the post-baby boomer generations and now they're all dying off. I hate to be grim about it, but that's the truth. The people running for leadership positions today knew that. They all expressed that they needed to get over it and deal with the fact that there will be no Republican party in the future unless they allow other people to take the reigns now. It was amazing that we've never discussed this strange phenomenon before. It's clearly a generational thing. We are Republicans, we're just modern. So that was the most important thing I learned today.

I was very pleased with our results and how everyone seemed very genuine that McCain was going to be their last hurrah. (We'll have to wait and see if they meant it). Here's the twist though, I went home to see which of the party establishment got voted out and get this--- NONE OF THEM DID! They just changed switched positions with each other (except the party chair)! I was completely shocked. I really believed that we had a full slate of Paulites because they were talking about peace, liberty and accountability. They talked strongly about the tragedy of government bailouts, Republican politicians who aren't really Republicans, politicians who say one thing and vote another way and that a new liberty revolution is coming.

The bottom line is, actions speak louder than words. We need to remain skeptical. But to see them even talking like this would have been blasphemy a year ago. We've come very far in a short amount of time. Be proud of yourself for that. We still need to go to Republican party meetings. We still need to try to find our guys to run for office. 1/3 of the seats were empty today. Later I found out we only ran 1 RP Republican and that she only lost by about 6 votes. We can do this. All you have to do is show up.

UPDATE: I forgot to add that our chairman said he is getting ideas from rebuild the party. So they are reading it and it can make a difference. Even the little things.

JK/SEA
01-11-2009, 02:45 AM
Shannon, the Chairman position vote went as follows. Cooper was nominated by a Ron Paul 'friendly' long timer in the party, who see's the wisdom of 'shaking' the party up.

Jim Kellet 96 votes
Bob Cooper 87

the other 'notable' election was for the committee-woman.

A Ron Paul supporter and activist for Ron Paul, Michelle McIntyre 76 votes, Mrs. Dullain Ehrlach a party insider and longtime county republican officer 105 votes.

The other contests were not close, and the party got all there 'people' in, but i hear they are NOW courting our numbers of Ron Paul supporters. blah.

I have to re think my contributions to this party. I won't be holding my breath for any sudden epihany's by leadership. I suspect nothing will change. I think this party is like a dead man walking. Should i waste my time, or hope they all resign?

ShannonOBrien
01-11-2009, 03:12 AM
Shannon, the Chairman position vote went as follows. Cooper was nominated by a Ron Paul 'friendly' long timer in the party, who see's the wisdom of 'shaking' the party up.

Jim Kellet 96 votes
Bob Cooper 87

A Ron Paul supporter and activist for Ron Paul, Michelle McIntyre 76 votes, Mrs. Dullain Ehrlach a party insider and longtime county republican officer 105 votes.

The other contests were not close, and the party got all there 'people' in, but i hear they are NOW courting our numbers of Ron Paul supporters. blah.

I have to re think my contributions to this party. I won't be holding my breath for any sudden epihany's by leadership. I suspect nothing will change. I think this party is like a dead man walking. Should i waste my time, or hope they all resign?

Well let's try to put things into perspective. If you were taking piano lessons, would you give up after one year because you weren't playing at Mozart caliber? Sometimes it's hard to see the forest from the trees. It's amazing to think that it has only been ONE YEAR. Just like how it takes several years of hard work and dedication to play Mozart level music, it takes the same to change the country.

ClayTrainor
01-11-2009, 04:37 AM
Well let's try to put things into perspective. If you were taking piano lessons, would you give up after one year because you weren't playing at Mozart caliber? Sometimes it's hard to see the forest from the trees. It's amazing to think that it has only been ONE YEAR. Just like how it takes several years of hard work and dedication to play Mozart level music, it takes the same to change the country.

The CFR dudes took a 100 year approach to Globalization. It's going to be an uphill battle for us, for a long time :cool:

LibertyEagle
01-11-2009, 07:04 AM

Jim Kellet 96 votes
Bob Cooper 87

Actually, those numbers are amazing. Imagine what it will be NEXT year.

Our country didn't get in this shape in one year and we're not going to get it back in one year. Every, single inroad that is made will payoff in spades, when and if the SHTF. You've got to trust in that and keep hacking away.

Chester Copperpot
01-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Yeah like einstein said on science.. Its not that new idease happen and the established people embrace them.. Its that the young people who grow up, become exposed to the new ideas, and the older people with the older ideas die off.

Ron Paul republicans will eventually get this party and the country back to the old school federalist republic it should be...

JK/SEA
01-11-2009, 01:30 PM
Actually, those numbers are amazing. Imagine what it will be NEXT year.

Actually, its 2 years from now.

I'll try and stay optomistic that 'our' situation with our country will give us reason to hang on during that time. Is there time? do we have any time left? no one knows whats around the corner, except for Peter Schiff and Ron Paul.

I'll be there if you all need me. I made it to State convention as a delegate and 'we' all got blown out of the water. I made it to re-org. as a PCO and we made trivial gains, if you want to call lip service a 'gain' then i guess we as Ronulans should be happy as clams, but like i said, i won't completely walk away, and as for me, i can be somewhat satisfied to say i tried by keeping in the 'game' and exercising my vote priveledge for the strategy we employed.

For me to get re-energized in this phase of the movement, i WANT our new county leadership to address in statement form the wisdom of keeping the Federal Reserve, and the implementation of a non-interventionist foreign policy. I realize national issues are somewhat frowned upon by local government as a priority, BUT it would seem to me it is a serious issue, and putting forth a written statement of some sort would be the only way i will continue to help this party any further. I will not be donating any money to this party, nor will i help with fund raisers, or toot the horn of support for any candidate that does not support or address these 2 issues.

There it is, my final ultimatum, but thats just me. I have my standards, and i feel i've compromised enough of my integrity.

tpreitzel
01-11-2009, 02:56 PM

Way to go! 2 thumbs up!

Athan
01-11-2009, 03:01 PM
The truth is, the Republican party is only made up of baby boomers. That's it. They completely skipped over the post-baby boomer generations and now they're all dying off. I hate to be grim about it, but that's the truth. The people running for leadership positions today knew that. They all expressed that they needed to get over it and deal with the fact that there will be no Republican party in the future unless they allow other people to take the reigns now. It was amazing that we've never discussed this strange phenomenon before. It's clearly a generational thing. We are Republicans, we're just modern.

The baby boomers who are not Ron Paul supporters have single handedly destroyed this nation. We should remember this when things get ugly. When we write history books, they will be justifiably be blamed for being the WORST generation in American history.

They are a generation of thieves. A generation of lairs. A generation of hypocrites. A generation of crooks. A generation that can not escape their destiny of being disgraced. When they are dead, they can't stop their defamation.

The only good baby boomer is a Ron Paul supporter, or a dead one.

JK/SEA
01-11-2009, 05:01 PM
The baby boomers who are not Ron Paul supporters have single handedly destroyed this nation. We should remember this when things get ugly. When we write history books, they will be justifiably be blamed for being the WORST generation in American history.

They are a generation of thieves. A generation of lairs. A generation of hypocrites. A generation of crooks. A generation that can not escape their destiny of being disgraced. When they are dead, they can't stop their defamation.

Your comment is simplistic. I guess as a 'baby boomer' i could blame the gen x for being selfish and lazy.

When i was growing up in the 60's, i saw the writing on the wall with the vietnam conflict. I protested this war along with MILLIONS of my fellow boomers. We went through civil rights protests and made HUGE head way in gaining the minority recoginition, and if i may, WE also produced the best damn music the world has ever heard.

But, as we got older, we put away are activist ideals as most of wanted to settle down, raise families, and find peace in our lives, as we had been through a very crazy point in time.

The ending of WW2 was still a topic, and formed many new policies because of it.

WE HAD: for starters...

Nuclear bomb ABOVE ground testing.

Cuban missile crisis, and not knowing if you were going to live through a nuclear war and to see your 16th birthday had an affect on all of us.

Kennedy assasination

Civil rights movement and riots.

MLK and Bobby Kennedy assasinated.

Vietnam War..10 years of this crap on TV everyday, and watching the daily body count. Gee, what fun.

Vietnam war protests. Thousands and thousands of us taking to the nearest freeways, and getting so fucking pissed the cops backed down.

Nixon resigned in disgrace.

on and on...yes, we were there, but to blame the current BS of today on my generation is immature, and shows a lack of reason.

What ARE YOU DOING today to make a difference besides pointing your baby fingers at an entire generation.

I'm a former Ron Paul State delegate, and a current PCO in my county.

Matt Collins
01-11-2009, 06:20 PM
Search of the LA GOP on here, the Orlando GOP, and then read some posts I have started. The LA GOP was taken over by RP supporters. The Orlando GOP was 1 vote away, and the vote is contested with a court battle. And the local GOP where I live has invited all Ron Paul supporters to their next meeting.

raystone
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM

Generalize much ?

Jean
01-11-2009, 10:03 PM
That was a pretty ruff thing to say about the baby boomers and not true at all! You girls would still be wearing dresses to school if it weren't for the baby boomers. Who do you think started the Peace movement back then? We protested against the war and got it stopped! We are here today working our hearts out. We are watching to see what the younger generations can do? We did a lot in our time. The world is a different place because of the changes . Say your sorry please!

Athan
01-11-2009, 10:46 PM
I'm not sorry. I didn't criticize any Ron Paul revolutionary. None of you are of the same ilk as your generation. The best way to stop getting offended is to stop associating yourself as one of baby busters... err boomers.

I criticized the GENERAL population of baby boomers that ran this country to the ground once they gained the reigns of power. You know big government, deficit spending, neo-con and neo-liberal dividing ass holes who thought it was enough to push for civil rights and kick out a corrupt president then went on to start a sex party with drugs and fuck the younger generations with their "entitlements" and government largess.

Fuck them.

The generation that others would say I belong to are the "trophy" kids, or generation Y. I am not part of Generation X which is all up in obama's ass praying for a package salvation that come in the form of gale force shit. Go ahead you can make fun of generation Y all you want. It doesn't bother me. I am one of the remnant of real Americans that are left just as you all are.

When shit hits the fan, you identifying yourself as a Ron Paul supporter will be enough to consider you a brother, a patriot, and fellow American who tried to stop this madness.

dr. hfn
01-11-2009, 10:55 PM
VOTE ON REBUILD THE PARTY! EVEN THO THEY TOOK DOWN END THE FED.

http://ideas.rebuildtheparty.com/

pennycat
01-11-2009, 11:14 PM
Inspiring thread.

We can make this thing happen. The Old Guard cannot stop us. But be ready for booby-traps along the way;-)

If you do only one thing a month, get some Ron Paul buddies together and go to Republican Executive Committee meetings. Start talking to people.

Go find more Ron Paul people. Look on opensecrets.com for lists of donors to Dr. Paul in 2007 in your area. Very easy.

Get them to come to R.E.C. meetings. The rest will take care of itself.

Matt Collins
01-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Go find more Ron Paul people. Look on opensecrets.com for lists of donors to Dr. Paul in 2007 in your area. Very easy.BRILLIANT!

I never would've thought of this....