PDA

View Full Version : Oil Hits New Record

WannaBfree
09-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Oil Hits New Record on Supply Concerns
http://www.newsday.com/business/nationworld/ats-ap_business12sep11,0,1039852.story

Oil prices rose to a new record settlement price Tuesday as traders turned their attention to a government inventory report expected to show tight supplies and shrugged off OPEC's decision to boost output. Even factoring in OPEC's decision to increase oil production by 500,000 barrels per day starting Nov. 1, "supplies are tight," said Addison Armstrong, an analyst at TFS Energy Futures LLC. And according to analyst predictions, they're going to get even tighter...

BenIsForRon
09-11-2007, 10:37 PM
http://www.theatlantic.com/doc/prem/200710/oil-field-decline

WannaBfree
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
if oil goes up, everything goes up folks, not just gas

RP4ME
09-11-2007, 11:05 PM
Okay well just when I thought i could worry no more.......Thanks for that Oil info....So what to do??There arent any suggestions that i could see....? Whats your plan?

Man from La Mancha
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
Oil is a hard commodity and not fiat fiction and it represents real wealth some what, so buy silver 1st or gold, real good non fiat paper wealth.

BenIsForRon
09-11-2007, 11:20 PM
Whats your plan?

Depends on who our next president is. If its not Ron Paul, the answer is to get as far away from the cities as possible and go to a place with good rainfall and steady local food supply.

RP4ME
09-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Depends on who our next president is. If its not Ron Paul, the answer is to get as far away from the cities as possible and go to a place with good rainfall and steady local food supply.

What will you do for shelter, job/money, and dont you think if you find a nice spot there will be bazilions of Mexicans or Americans joining you? RA eyou gonna become a squatter, Im assuming you arent a hedge fund manager or former Tyco exec.

Man from La Mancha
09-11-2007, 11:33 PM
A good old diesel submarine could always find nice locations and at 500ft could be pretty safe from nukes and the tube radios will work after EMP .:D

RP4ME
09-11-2007, 11:37 PM
What is RP's paln for energy?

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Yep.

BTW. If you want to know where the economy is moving watch the S&P priced in gold (not $). It's breaking down. :(

They're still trying to fool the sheeple tho.

I've been reading all these - where to move - threads with more interest lately.

BenIsForRon
09-11-2007, 11:52 PM
What will you do for shelter, job/money, and dont you think if you find a nice spot there will be bazilions of Mexicans or Americans joining you? RA eyou gonna become a squatter, Im assuming you arent a hedge fund manager or former Tyco exec.

Yeah, my answer was incredibly simplistic, I really don't know what the hell I'm gonna do. Honestly, its going to be incredibly unpredictable how the next few years are going to pan out with the economy. An ever increasing oil supply is the foundation of our economy, and when it goes from increasing to decreasing in a matter of years, while demand continues to skyrocket, you have a serious problem. If Ron Paul becomes president, that frees up local governments and economies to handle the problem themselves, which is really the best we can do at this point. With any other president, we're going to be hopelessly tied to the global economy with no plan B.

Man from La Mancha
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
What is RP's paln for energy?
Let the free market take care of it and keep the feds out of it. Remember this is free market not managed trade.

Hook
09-12-2007, 12:21 AM
A good old diesel submarine could always find nice locations and at 500ft could be pretty safe from nukes and the tube radios will work after EMP .:D

A good new nuclear submarine would be even better. :)

Actually this is a good thing in the long run. If prices stay above $150/bbl for a few years, it will provide the economic justification for implementing shale oil extraction. Once the initial R&D hump is paid for, we can bring oil down to $50/bbl with the 1.7 trillion barrels of shale oil in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.
There is more oil in the shale in the three states than all of the oil reserves in the rest of the world combined.

RP4ME
09-12-2007, 12:45 AM

Actually this is a good thing in the long run. If prices stay above $150/bbl for a few years, it will provide the economic justification for implementing shale oil extraction. Once the initial R&D hump is paid for, we can bring oil down to $50/bbl with the 1.7 trillion barrels of shale oil in Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.
There is more oil in the shale in the three states than all of the oil reserves in the rest of the world combined.

YEs but isn there minimal ROI for shale b/c its too costly to extract - i dunno doesnt sounds like the easy fix....just in time for total breakdown of the world as we know it....HA!
But honestly the world as we know it is about to breadown on pretty much every other thread on this site.
Im headed over to fredthompsonforums - they have things under control there and a plan!

BenIsForRon
09-12-2007, 12:55 AM

A lot of disinformation going on around the net on shale oil. You're not factoring demand into those numbers. The most optimistic predictions are that in 2030 we can get 5 million barrels a day from shale oil. We currently consume 24 million barrels a day in America alone.

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 01:09 AM
A lot of disinformation going on around the net on shale oil. You're not factoring demand into those numbers. The most optimistic predictions are that in 2030 we can get 5 million barrels a day from shale oil. We currently consume 24 million barrels a day in America alone.
That is only one source of energy there will be dozens and all this have been discussed in a thread http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=12132&highlight=water and BenisforRon considers all doom and gloom when if peak oil immediately runs out tomorrow instead of slowly running out while we go to other sources of energy via a free market.

BenIsForRon
09-12-2007, 01:17 AM
haha yes, we have had many discussions on this subject, I would definitely rather have anybody look at that thread than just repeat it here.

From my perspective though, I consider reality where as La Mancha is all fairy tales and unicorns. Free market works inside of nature, not outside of it.

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 01:24 AM
haha yes, we have had many discussions on this subject, I would definitely rather have anybody look at that thread than just repeat it here.

From my perspective though, I consider reality where as La Mancha is all fairy tales and unicorns. Free market works inside of nature, not outside of it.

I love battling those windmills! Oh, wind energy defeated me once. How sad but I a wait the next battle.