PDA

View Full Version : the illinois legislature just voted almost unanimously to impeach the governor...

Aratus
01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
the governor of illinois is to be on the VIEW, and judging from the clip i saw on the TODAY show... i thought i'd give my old thread a makeover

turns out the governor of illinois sees himself as a jimmy stewart character, who is taking on the powers that be. this is as new york state has gone into a status quo quantum confusion as caroline kennedy has stepped out as gracefully as possible despite or because of the rumor mill out of albany as opposed to the rumor mill out of the big apple...

i'm going to ignor poor caroline and the new senator from the seneca glens falls area of new york state so i can get myself a vast and intense supply of popping corn, for these new developments bode well for quite a soap opera. turns out the governor of illinois now is rather upset over his LACK of ability to pull the likes of rahn E. and barack O. back to illinois so he can be exonerated. brazen as an adjective has now been displaced by delusionsal as i await the VIEW today, which is to be after the address by our potus.

as i said, a gossip driven grapevine and rumor mill may have trunctuated caroline's dabbling in politics. i have to ignor this, for illinois is now front-row and center an' not backburner at all. the revelations today perhaps are not a total surprise, for the dude who contemplated giving the job to oprah winfrey is now about to do the talk show circuit as he perhaps hawks an autobiography to beaucoup de publishing houses. there is a will and a reason, in this greatly recessed and depressed political season...

anyway, i KNOW i need my popcorn supply... this political soap opera stands to run several months... and i wonder about the ellusive "billionaire" of some 11 months ago... could the delusional governor of illinois now think the fictional dude has this join bank account with he somewhere banking system globally? like why is the governor of illinois now going into such a counterproductive behavior?

i shake my head, even though were the current governor to argue about the intrusiveness of our big brother superstate, i'd be in agreement. o tempores, o mores! whether sardonic or literal, to hear the 'gov' place a material value on a senate seat implies a listening devise of some sort, as the next thought goes into how legal or illegal it is... o tempores, o mores! bring on the popcorn!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

there was only one vote backing the current governor. we are about to see quite an impeachment trial go thru its paces, as the black caucus now has decided to back up roland burris for barack obama's open senate seat. i'm debating what sort of popcorn to pop as i sit back and follow the news coverage. last nite, abc had a story on the nightly news about the whistleblower three years ago who initially called the fbi on him. charles gibson described the woman as being the "person of the week" and quite deserving of the honor...:cool:

Aratus
01-10-2009, 02:51 PM
small typo --- AU NATURALE ...not "an naturale"

unbuttered & unsalted au naturale popcorn!!!

i think the illinois legislature is really serious...

Aratus
01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
its days like this when you sorta feel that sarah palin has made a pertinent point about
ms. couric and media coverage in general. how sometimes a good or not so good reporter
can tilt an election if not influence the campaign's momentum... and then we have this guy
who decides to sell this newly open senate seat, who has been wiretapped for 3 years
by the fbi...

RickyJ
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
I kind of like the Illinois governor. Sure he tried to get something from the appointment he had the authority to make as Governor of the state, but he is not backing down to MSM attack dogs that are trying to package him as the worst human being alive. IMO he has done nothing different than any governor in his position has done before. He is being attacked and prosecuted by the elite because he refused to appoint their choice for the seat. I'll admit going against the elite wasn't the brightest of ideas, but it did take some guts to stand up to them and continue to stand up to them as he is doing now. Sure he is a crooked politician, but I would take him over the elite any day. If they have a problem with him he can't be that bad.

Aratus
01-10-2009, 03:04 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/09/blagojevich.impeachment/ thah dude had
a 114 to 1 vote happen on him, yet he still wants his say, and is not stepping down...

Aratus
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
in a way, though he is polish, this is all is as close as we can ever get if we are trying to dispassionately
objectively look at the better and lesser impulses that were once inside JFK's consumately political Id...
he didn't expect to be caught in the manner he was, the fbi was quietly intrusive, which is its own question,
and of course he wants to fight this all out into the political endzone and then some, rather than slinking off...

Aratus
01-10-2009, 03:16 PM
as barack obama's hand is to rest on honest abe lincoln's historic 1861 bible, this recent 114 to 1 vote shall resonate on the political aether...

Kludge
01-10-2009, 03:22 PM
Homemade popcorn wins every time.

Aratus
01-26-2009, 09:33 AM
true kludge, true!

the "gov" dude is
to be on the VIEW

zach
01-26-2009, 09:42 AM
So lemme get this straight:

He tried to sell a spot on the Senate, got caught because it's unethical, so now he's trying to fight The Man by not showing up and having a cool haircut, so then some court thing like OJ, and it'll be all cool to watch it go down?

Did I kinda get it right?

I'm gonna buy good popcorn too.. I haven't bought any for a while!

Aratus
01-26-2009, 09:46 AM
as barack obama focuses our nation on his economic policies, the governor of illinois has his impeachment trial starting today. the governor of illinois WANTS obama and his chief of staff as CHARACTER witnesses, let alone jesse jackson junior. bring on the popcorn i say, as i hear the praise "kangaroo court" now to be bantied about on our mass media talk show circuit...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 09:48 AM
were the current governor to argue that he was illegally eavesdropped on... we'd at least see the hypothetical possibility of a serious issue being hashed over at the core of this impeachment trial. i am being sardonic... sorta! and i may now need QUITE an intense supply of popcorn as this plays out over the next 100 days...

demolama
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
were the current governor to argue that he was illegally eavesdropped on....

That's what I'm saying... no one asks why he was being listen to in the first place. Isn't that something a good journalist asks? Are all the state governments under constant surveillance from the federal executive?

zach
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM
and i may now need QUITE an intense supply of popcorn as this plays out over the next 100 days...

As the next 100 days of President Obama unfold in the Change that is to come, stay tuned to CNN!

:p

Aratus
01-26-2009, 09:56 AM
That's what I'm saying... no one asks why he was being listen to in the first place. Isn't that something a good journalist asks? Are all the state governments under constant surveillance from the federal executive?

whether the illinois dude be the fluke or the norm, i feel that "getting the goods" on him debates both an FBI and a NSA question co-jointly... this is as CIA + FBI have their pairings of agents... now. i expect that the gov~dude has the wit to think of our BILL of RIGHTs...

angelatc
01-26-2009, 09:58 AM

First of all, he gave permission for them to listen in. Second, everybody knows that everybody in Illinois government is under investigation by the FBI. They have been for years.

Gov Rod is nothing but a goof. If he's part of a conspiracy, we have nothing to fear from it.

Here's one reason he was being wire tapped: http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE50P0CL20090126?sp=true

When Blagojevich became Governor, he was considering Jesse Jackson Jr.'s wife for a position and he tried to get $250,000 out of Jackson for his wife's appointment. JJJ called the Feds.

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
the "ins" and "outs" of illinois now facinate baystater me, as i regret not having the backstory to all this... he's now saying he's quite innocent and baba~wawa just opinioned about his 7% approval rating, and young boss daley quipping "coo-coo" about him...

he's now pulling at the heart strings. can we say "checkers" speech? he makes nixon look like a dullard, a political neophyte as well as being too anal retentive reserved about the devil in the details of all this... the lil' dog checkers... and a vintage attempt in 1952 for RMN to remain in IKE's good graces... yikes... i never thought i'd hear its like in my lifetime... i wuz WRONG... i just DID! and on THE VIEW no less!!!

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:19 AM
oprah was VERY close to be~ing a senator! ---he re-confirms this... to the ladies of "the view"...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:20 AM
the "potty mouth" issue akin to the watergate tapes that were censored is now being talked about...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:21 AM
illinois's current governor says as a kid he didn't get it from his home environment, insted its from his basketball court days...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
whoppie is grilling him with much better effect than the ancient and neatly legendary babs just leisurely did...

for some reason, the current governor still is trying to supoena mother teresa... and is back to saying he's innocent...

meredith now asks him a bill clinton and gridlock aspected question, seeking out the the historic parallels...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:25 AM
whoppie now asks him what the law is in terms of self defense... gov-blago points out the criminal case is in a year's time, whereas the trial is before the state legislature as we speak...

Aratus
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
"i am not a crook" [richard milhous nixon] "let me make this perfectly clear"

(guess which sound-byte clips are to be again media replicated ad infinitum!)

Sandra
01-26-2009, 11:24 AM
The IL legislature is getting a jump on impeachment because they know there isn't enough for Fitzgerald to convict him on (which has beem Fitzgerald's rant this whole time). The case is found without merit and Blago is done away by the legislature... over a case with no merit.

Bank of America can now put their guy in. Hurray! :rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
01-26-2009, 11:46 AM
I'm just wondering, WHO's behind this expedious push to roust Gov. Rod Blagojevich. IL is becoming a perfect example of the morphing in law to "Guilty, until proven innocent".

US Senator Ted Stevens (R-AK) continued to steal from Americans, conduct lobbying meetings and injected earmarks while he was going through trail and even after finding him guilty.

Charlie Rangel, Senator Chris Dodd, and slew of other criminals that continue today... so as long as you remain a good PUPPET to the banks/corporations you will never be evicted.

If Gov. Rod Blagojevich id guilty of his crime, We all know... the way too early to move on him was to PROTECT government officials involved in the Cronism and Corruption that goes all the way to the White House. BofA, them and others are the TRUE MASTERS to ALL the pandering puppets!

The IL legislature is getting a jump on impeachment because they know there isn't enough for Fitzgerald to convict him on (which has beem Fitzgerald's rant this whole time). The case is found without merit and Blago is done away by the legislature... over a case with no merit.

angelatc
01-26-2009, 11:49 AM
he's now pulling at the heart strings.

He was quoting "Blazing Saddles" this morning.

THe man is a loon.

angelatc
01-26-2009, 11:50 AM

You guys are too much.

There was already talk of a recall - this just saved them the bother. The guy is nuts.

Lucille
01-26-2009, 01:13 PM
My man Blago is being railroaded!

He's no different than any other pol. I can't wait until he drags 10 or so Chicago shitheels under the bus with him (including 0gabe).

Check this (http://readthestimulus.org/index.php?doc=hr1_text_0123&page=14) out:

SEC. 1112. ADDITIONAL ASSURANCE OF APPROPRIATE USE OF FUNDS. None of the funds provided by this Act may be made available to the State of Illinois, or any agency of the State, unless (1) the use of such funds by the State is approved in legislation enacted by the State after the date of the enactment of this Act, or (2) Rod R. Blagojevich no longer holds the office of Governor of the State of Illinois.

The_Orlonater
01-26-2009, 05:49 PM
in a way, though he is polish, this is all is as close as we can ever get if we are trying to dispassionately
objectively look at the better and lesser impulses that were once inside JFK's consumately political Id...
he didn't expect to be caught in the manner he was, the fbi was quietly intrusive, which is its own question,
and of course he wants to fight this all out into the political endzone and then some, rather than slinking off...

Blagojevich is not a polish name, it's Serb I think. Same bloodline, different language/culture.

Aratus
02-15-2009, 08:57 AM
evidently roland burris held back from forking over money... goes to the bottom
of the five name list, and then finally when blago~dude has to make a decision...