PDA

View Full Version : I.O.U.S.A on CNN !!

UtahApocalypse
01-10-2009, 12:34 PM
I know that some had mentioned this movie in the past well its coming up next on CNN. They also will have a panel discussion.

Jeremy
01-10-2009, 12:37 PM
2 EST? are you sure?

Jeremy
01-10-2009, 12:39 PM
oh ya just saw the little Next thing at the bottom

MRoCkEd
01-10-2009, 12:52 PM
I guess I'll watch it - although I know they won't offer any real solutions.

t0rnado
01-10-2009, 01:15 PM
They only aired about 15 minutes of it and now they have a panel of old retards like Bill Bradly and some old hag who thinks the government should stimulate the economy.

MRoCkEd
01-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Fuck this. They all support the stimulus as a "short term solution," but recommend worrying about the national debt after "fixing" the current crisis.

lucynuts
01-10-2009, 01:46 PM
It's really a shit, they should show the whole thing in its entirety without any interruptions and especially without any discussion commentary. It's being ruined!!!

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 01:48 PM
Just tuned in.

Why are they showing it? Just curious.

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 01:56 PM
Ron Paul!

EDIT: Hahaha. They just played the "...my patient would die" part and went to commercial.

Jeremy
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
You guys should have told me they were still going to play the rest of it <.<

Well now I'm just going to wait until it's on DVD

John of Des Moines
01-10-2009, 01:58 PM
Best line:

"If I performed like that my patient would die."

NerveShocker
01-10-2009, 01:59 PM
I've been watching it for awhile now and its CNN so I was even able to get my mom to watch it(a democrat). Just saw Ron Paul come on woot!

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
01-10-2009, 02:00 PM
They just showed Ron Paul talking for a couple of minutes about inflation and they showed a nice, full-screen close-up of his desk with his sign about not stealing. :D

I think I caught most of it. I had my TV muted.

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
THEY'RE NUTS! THEY'RE NUTS! THEY KNOW NOTHING!

Hahahaha.

RevolutionSD
01-10-2009, 02:02 PM
I know that some had mentioned this movie in the past well its coming up next on CNN. They also will have a panel discussion.

It's a shitty propaganda piece that barely mentions the federal reserve and mostly blames the 10 trillion dollar debt on you and me. One of the creators is a CFR member, what do you expect?

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 02:05 PM
It's a shitty propaganda piece that barely mentions the federal reserve and mostly blames the 10 trillion dollar debt on you and me. One of the creators is a CFR member, what do you expect?

"Barely mentions" is an exaggeration.

BenIsForRon
01-10-2009, 02:08 PM
In case y'all missed it, Peter Schiff was on 30 minutes prior on cnn money. He was debating Leeb again, so of course he didn't get to talk at all.

With IOUSA they're going back and forth between the movie and the panel discussion, I'm TIVOing it so I can watch the whole thing tonight.

RevolutionSD
01-10-2009, 02:12 PM
"Barely mentions" is an exaggeration.

You didn't see that timeline at the beginning?
They skimmed over the creation of the federal reserve, as if that's just one small part of the problem!

Imperial
01-10-2009, 02:19 PM
They skimmed over the creation of the federal reserve, as if that's just one small part of the problem!

The flawed mentality that pervades all branches of government today is even more important. The Federal Reserve can print money at whim, but mostly because Congress and the President have little wish to stop it. If government was serious about cutting spending, a battle would eventually erupt between the Federal Reserve and Congress. Then, public outcry would come about and a conflict similar to Jackson's War on the Second Bank of the United States.

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 02:21 PM

Well, they showed Greenspan testifying before Congress, and Ron Paul grilling him. And Ron Paul in his legislative office talking about the Fed. And Greenspan on the Daily Show talking about the interest rate. There might be more, but I just started watching about twenty minutes ago.

But if you want to make a movie about the Fed, go right ahead. I'd even help narrate. :)

RevolutionSD
01-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Well, they showed Greenspan testifying before Congress, and Ron Paul grilling him. And Ron Paul in his legislative office talking about the Fed. And Greenspan on the Daily Show talking about the interest rate. There might be more, but I just started watching about twenty minutes ago.

But if you want to make a movie about the Fed, go right ahead. I'd even help narrate. :)

Plenty of movies about the Fed already.

IOUSA is what you call framing the debate. There's no reason to think this will make the average joe question the government or even the fed. That's what they want. In the end, the elites who control government and the media will have people believing that this mess is all the fault of the free market.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
01-10-2009, 02:48 PM
nt

surf
01-10-2009, 03:01 PM
if you had respect for Walker prior to this, i hope your opinion has changed. that bs panel they had couldn't find their asses w/two hands.

particularly those that blame the "public" for not saving - it begs the questions, "why save when your savings are devalued daily through inflation?" "why save when you can earn only 1% or less, yet the home you may be saving for has 'appreciated' at 50%?" "why save when the government takes a portion of whatever earnings you make on your savings?"

we all know - now all to well - that it's for a rainy day. but, c'mon.

and why save when the government is living the high-life by borrowing endlessly? some f#cking example they set.

Rivlin and Walker: we will recover.... did they miss the projections that this will only continue to grow and compound?

the blame for low savings rates should rest squarely on the gov't shoulders, not on Joe Sixpack

lucynuts
01-10-2009, 03:07 PM
The best part besides the part of Ron Paul was with Alan Greenspan on Jon Stewart admitting that a free market does not exist as long as there is a central bank, thank god someone finally said it and it was great hearing it from the former Fed Chairman.

mediahasyou
01-10-2009, 04:22 PM
The 30min version is on their site: http://www.iousathemovie.com/

Imperial
01-10-2009, 06:17 PM
Is there going to be a re-air anytime soon?

RSLudlum
01-10-2009, 06:27 PM
Is there going to be a re-air anytime soon?

3pm EST tomorrow (jan. 11)

american.swan
01-10-2009, 08:03 PM
If any of this gets on Youtube, I'm going to download it before CNN gets it off.

Please name the Youtube of this something not so obvious making it harder for CNN to get it off.

StudentForPaul08
01-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Well, I started to watch it thane everybody on was praising that we need to spend our way out. WTF?!?! So you are highlighting a movie that says our debt is the end of the U.S. unless we change our ways and at the same token they are supporting these massive defects. What retards.

RSLudlum
01-11-2009, 01:56 PM
On Right now, 3pm EST

devil21
01-11-2009, 02:24 PM
Its simply amazing listening to these people. I just heard someone say "Why didn't anybody bring these issues up during the Presidential campaign? America is ready for a President that puts America first."

I just yelled at the TV. But it's pointless because they know exactly what they are doing. They know RP was the only one talking about these things and they did their best to ignore him. Its really easy to lament the issue AFTER Obama has been elected and just wash their hands of it. These people (media like CNN) are 100% complicit in the failures they are "exposing". Assholes.

smartguy911
01-11-2009, 03:09 PM
i dont have tv. where can i download this movie?

Chase
01-12-2009, 12:17 AM
Found this on Youtube... a rather low-tech way of capturing the video if I do say myself, but for the video I suppose it's watchable. Parts #1-11:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjn4Nuruf5Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jS72t9muXHE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmeZcTlkL0s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-g-5OdnNkE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Lpot4D-Yw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lskrisHYPVY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtSEyJooCuM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mv1oK4eVJm4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzzthVYCuTY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1ps_Gf_NsY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8NGB-ongo

fr33domfightr
01-12-2009, 01:41 AM
if you had respect for Walker prior to this, i hope your opinion has changed. that bs panel they had couldn't find their asses w/two hands.

particularly those that blame the "public" for not saving - it begs the questions, "why save when your savings are devalued daily through inflation?" "why save when you can earn only 1% or less, yet the home you may be saving for has 'appreciated' at 50%?" "why save when the government takes a portion of whatever earnings you make on your savings?"

we all know - now all to well - that it's for a rainy day. but, c'mon.

and why save when the government is living the high-life by borrowing endlessly? some f#cking example they set.

Rivlin and Walker: we will recover.... did they miss the projections that this will only continue to grow and compound?

the blame for low savings rates should rest squarely on the gov't shoulders, not on Joe Sixpack

I totally agree with you. Not to mention that it's not like Joe Sixpack has got money flowing out his @ss!! He needs to pay his fricken bills, perhaps pay for a child or 2, and save for retirement!!! How the f@$k is he going to get money to save?!?!?! He's got to pay INCOME TAXES before he even gets around to pay SALES TAXES, and all the other Gawd Damn taxes!!!

At least they believe our standard of living will change. But what they missed was, OUR STANDARD OF LIVING HAS ALREADY GONE DOWN!!!!! Think about it for just a moment. We used to only require 1 breadwinner in a family, now it requires 2 or more. Our families in the past had 4-6 children, but families of that size are unheard of now, due to the high costs. The house your parents had purchased before you were born, or shortly after, could they still afford to buy that same house??? Could you afford the same house???? See what I mean, it's already been happening, but we've been adjusting our standard of living downward to accomodate.

FF

fr33domfightr
01-12-2009, 01:45 AM
Its simply amazing listening to these people. I just heard someone say "Why didn't anybody bring these issues up during the Presidential campaign? America is ready for a President that puts America first."

I just yelled at the TV. But it's pointless because they know exactly what they are doing. They know RP was the only one talking about these things and they did their best to ignore him. Its really easy to lament the issue AFTER Obama has been elected and just wash their hands of it. These people (media like CNN) are 100% complicit in the failures they are "exposing". Assholes.

Me and many other RP supporters were out there trying to get people to listen. The media really has got to take the blame for sweeping this shit under the rug. It's the same media that was blowing off Peter Schiff.

FF

Minlawc
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
I loved their solution. "Let's just make people save money!"

Matt Collins
12-12-2010, 09:31 PM

particularly those that blame the "public" for not saving - it begs the questions, "why save when your savings are devalued daily through inflation?" "why save when you can earn only 1% or less, yet the home you may be saving for has 'appreciated' at 50%?" "why save when the government takes a portion of whatever earnings you make on your savings?Well the best way to combat inflation (personally) is to invest in companies.