PDA

View Full Version : A Written Case Against Universal Service (Part 1)

Godfather89
01-10-2009, 11:06 AM
As we can all see the government is getting bigger and stronger with each passing day, while the people lose the very liberties and prosperity they had. As this continues the economy will worsen and people will become desperate. We know Obama's Plans concerning a "Civilian Defense Force" one that is "just as strong and just as well-funded as our military." We know a few of those details in which Obama seeks to have this done by forcibly taking the youth of this country ages 18 to 25 and "defending" this country whether it be by civil unrest or "terrorism." I for one no longer believe in our state and will refuse such demands from the state. As you can imagine when this time comes, I will most likely be arrested and put on trial for refusing to follow through with orders. I have a written defense prepared and advise you all to have one as well when this time comes. When you read this, see yourself as if in a courtroom in front of a jury of you peers making your case, delivering the truth to them.

I. Introduction

The state has told me to join in a service to protect this country; however, I have declined such an order on the basis of three premises. The first is that the state has revoked my right to life and by doing so has infringed upon my civil liberties. The second is that I will not infringe upon the people's rights of self-preservation and survival for all I can see any involuntary, compulsory or universal service is our government using its power, which has been derived from the people, against the people of this country. Finally, the third premise is that I will not defend a failed status quo and refuse the very change that this country truly needs being that this state no longer upholds the very virtues that the people deserve. The overall conclusion based on these three premises will be addressed at the end of this case. But let it be made known that the statements made in this written argument are controversial, I invoke my constitutional first amendment right to protect me from any form of punishment based on the arguments made herein because popular speech needs no protection it is the unpopular speech that needs protecting.

II. Premise #1

The Government, The American Government at least, has only one purpose to protect the rights of the American Citizen. Those rights are stated clear in our declaration of independence. Those rights are "the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness." If the government is expected to protect the rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness it cannot negate these rights. However, the reality of the situation is that the state is negating my right to life by forcing me to join a compulsory service that I believe will not only endanger my life but the lives of others. Since government is forcing me to take part in a universal service that I believe is a threat to liberty as well as my life than it suggests in a very heavy manner that the state thinks it can determine my life. However, it is apparent that my freedom lies in it being my birth right and that the state has no right to determine what will happen to my life because, my right to life is unalienable. Therefore, I hereby express my right to life by refusing to join in this universal, compulsory, or involuntary service.

III. Premise #2

Government is designed for the sole purpose of protecting the rights of people. These rights are unalienable and are defined clearly both in our Declaration of Independence as well as our Bill of Rights. As The Economic situation deteriorates innocent people will turn desperate to feed and supply themselves as well as their families in order to survive. Government being known as the user of brute force will follow only such extremism in turn. Government is to blame for our economic mess, and now people are being forced to live hand to mouth just to survive more so than ever before. Yet, the same creators of this economic mess now purpose a solution to have a defense force for the homeland which only puts more pressure on an already stressed people. I will not carry out a solution purposed by the same troublemakers because, I firmly believe that:

1. I will be infridging upon the rights of others right to life.
2. The only person more concerned with self-preservation is themselves, and that if government really wishes to "help the people" as it claims it does than gun laws should be greatly loosened so as to allow the innocent to defend themselves from the guilty. If the government does not loosen gun laws so the innocent may protect themselves from the guilty, than people will be under the impression that the real guilty party is the state itself.

Of course, the right to own a gun and the effects therein should not be infringed upon by government. To add to this I believe very strongly that this is going to become a tax on an already stressed people, the costs of this involuntary, compulsory, or universal service by far outweigh the benefits. As far as I can see the service the government is forcing me to take part in is simply nothing more than government swindling any hope for prosperity under the guise of taking care of the people.

Godfather89
01-10-2009, 11:07 AM
IV. Premise #3

There are two entities that have the most to lose should any strife occur in this country. The two entities I speak of are Big Corporations as well as Our Welfare State. Should any strife occur the first targets will be banks and corporations that provide necessities. These are obvious targets after all people will do whatever they can for their survival and rightfully should. People will target banks to get any personal effects as well as any savings they may have in the event that banks are forced to close, and rightfully they should protect that which is theirs. If the state should interfere in people's right to life and property than they are not upholding the interests of the people who elected them into office but rather are only looking out for the interests of the few, the elite also known as the special interests. This bring me to my other point that the welfare state is the root cause of our economic condition and that this involuntary, compulsory, or universal service will only protect the interests of those responsible for our economic situation. Therefore, I will say it again, that I will not defend a failed status quo. My final case is that I will not defend an oligarchy of special interests and abandon the Federal Constitutional Republic that our country was founded under, for I believe that our government has abandoned its own American Libertarian Ideals.

V. Conclusion

In conclusion, due to the three premises addressed the only conclusion I am forced to reach is that the state no longer belongs to the people as well as to the constitution of this country. I will not defend the interests of a few at the cost of many who deserve what was, is, and will continue to be theirs. That which was, is, and will continue to be is their individual liberty and their right to determine a life of their own and to be able to protect their own lives and nourish their own lives. I will not defend the welfare state or the warfare state because both go hand in hand and also because it diminishes the individual liberties as well as the various possibilities life truly has to offer. In grade school we were told that America has many enemies, those who do not like it when people are free, are among one of these. Our country has spilled much blood fighting against tyranny and oppression in the world wars and spent half a century trying to dismantle the communists during the cold war. Wouldn't these lives be lost in vain if we become the very things we spent trying to fight against? This is why I will not join in any involuntary, compulsory, or universal service that would have me take up arms against the honest, hard working, freedom loving American.

VI. Solutions

In America problems occur whether they are local, state or nationwide. In America, the government's role is only one thing to protect the rights of individuals. So, solutions are meant to be addressed by the people while the government protects our individual liberties. We face major issues in this country. Therefore, all liberty minded and peace loving Americans will agree when I say that Government should do two-things simultaneously:

1. Return Freedoms Back To the People
2. Return back to a Non-Interventionist Foreign Policy as well as a limited government domestic policy.

The solution of returning freedom back to the people will be applied by way of contracting the size of government back to constitutional proportions and in affect dramatically lowering taxes. This solution will also be applied by way of revoking all unconstitutional laws and practices, a clear example of such practices would be the ending of all involuntary, compulsory and universal services. Some might ask what the state should get rid of in federal government. I say we should get rid of The Department of Education because our quality of our education has declined greatly. We should get rid of The Department of Homeland Security because our safety lies in people being able to protect themselves. We should get rid of FEMA and allow the states and local authorities to determine what they must do in their own location during any emergency. We should get rid of The Federal Reserve because it is the instrument through which our economy is being destroyed. We should dramatically reduce the cost of Department of Defense as well, because the welfare states appetite for war also makes it the warfare state as well. We must break down or complete remove these entities because they do away with liberty under the guise of taking care of the people.
The solution of returning back to a foreign policy of non-interventionism and a limited government domestic policy will be applied by way of no longer accepting corporate lobbyists who attempt to influence our domestic policy and no longer accepting foreign lobbyists who attempt to influence our foreign policy as well as any other organization that tries to influence our country to go outside the boundaries of our constitution. The policy of non-interventionism will be applied also by way of removing all foreign troops abroad and actually defend America from any attackers not defend other countries. Doing this will dramatically reduce government expenses.
These solutions must be carried out immediately! If they are not, then I fear that there will be a revolution in this country to make these changes possible. This is not a threat, this is written in our own divinely inspired Declaration of Independence. It is my strongest conviction that this compulsory service will only attempt to deny the very change that truly needs to take place because it is our American Duty for it to do so.
=====================