PDA

View Full Version : Kucinich Slams the Fed! "No more Federal than FedEX!"

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AR2EtMteHCg#t=3m044s

http://digg.com/business_finance/Dennis_Kucinich_PWNS_Federal_Reserve#

He also talks about ending fractional reserve banking.

Amazing.

Just about makes up for him praising a New Deal-like program. :D

I think he wants to nationalize the Fed, though.

Jeremy
01-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Dennis makes me sick still lol

Spike
01-10-2009, 12:43 AM
At least he's recognizing the congress's role of issuing money as they are the only body of government that represents the people. Check out my blog, i made some comments about his remarks. I think they're truly historic.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-10-2009, 12:45 AM
I have always thought that it was really a shame that he does not come around more to our side. We sure could use him. I disagree with a great deal of his philosophy but I have a great deal of respect for him.

emazur
01-10-2009, 01:08 AM
digg it as well:
http://digg.com/business_finance/Dennis_Kucinich_PWNS_Federal_Reserve#
Yeah, the praising FDR and the New Deal was a downer, but hardly anyone has the guts (or knowledge) to proclaim the Fed is not a govt. agency and that it creates money out of thin air.

BTW, Kucinich has openly called to abolish the Fed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcVjPo0luBs&feature=related
http://digg.com/political_opinion/Congressman_D_Kucinich_Repeal_the_Fed_Impeach_the_ Prez

purplechoe
01-10-2009, 01:40 AM
yuk!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovwgaaqRyWw&feature=channel_page

Paulitician
01-10-2009, 02:06 AM
I think he wants to nationalize the Fed, though.
He wants to nationalize the issuance of money, yes...

Kucinich is associated with these guys: http://www.monetary.org/

The reforms are not exactly the one Ron Paul is advocating.

Ex Post Facto
01-10-2009, 03:28 AM
Dennis isn't Ron Paul...but he is an American that cares about the country. Yes, slightly liberal, but honest. Honestly I could handle some liberalism programs if the constitution was put back in order and I didn't have to worry that we are becoming the next Nazi state.

RCA
01-10-2009, 08:41 AM
nice

acptulsa
01-10-2009, 09:22 AM
No more federal than FedEx.

I don't care what you say about him. I'm stealing that line from him. And I'm going to use it.

jmlfod87
01-10-2009, 09:35 AM
Kucinich has principles, its just a shame that they are all marxist principles.

edit: and to say the federal reserve isn't anymore federal thn fedex is irrelevant. Kucinich shows his communist stripes thinking the system is flawed because it is quasi-private quasi-public. The Fed's political structure has really nothing to do with why it is a flawed and economically damaging system.

Danke
01-10-2009, 09:43 AM

I don't care what you say about him. I'm stealing that line from him. And I'm going to use it.

Not his line.

I don't know who originally said it, but it was in the movie F2F, I believe.

Oyate
01-10-2009, 11:58 AM
Not his line.

It goes way back before AFTF. The classic line is "it's no more federal than FedEx and it has dubious reserves". I think the first time I heard it was from Badnarik.

I agree with other posters. Dennis seemed like such a nice guy until I saw him stumping for Obama with all his might at the DNC. It was almost like seeing some nice girl you dated in high school broken down and married to the town drunk. It's a simultaneous feeling of pity and revulsion.

haaaylee
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM

It's not his line though. He stole it. But, that means he's listening. Which is positive for sure.

RonPaulR3VOLUTION
01-10-2009, 02:16 PM
At the very least, if Kucinich is criticizing the Fed, it should result in fewer on the 'left' criticizing those on the right who bring the issue up.

Knightskye
01-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Not his line.

What's F2F mean?

At the very least, if Kucinich is criticizing the Fed, it should result if fewer on the 'left' criticizing those on the right who bring the issue up.

Can't get much further left than Kucinich. :D

JamesButabi
01-10-2009, 02:56 PM

x2 that was a great line. I respect this man for standing up against the majority and recognizing legitimate problems others are pushing under the rug.

Danke
01-10-2009, 03:03 PM
What's F2F mean?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

Aratus
01-10-2009, 03:11 PM

I don't care what you say about him.

I'm stealing that line from him.

And I'm going to use it.

:D

Aratus
01-10-2009, 03:14 PM
this debate is now TRES as in VERY milton berle!

irreguardless of the source, its a neatly apt line!

paulitics
01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
Dennis and RP have more in common than the Repubs have with Ron. The Repubs are more statist than Dennis, and that's a fact. On the most important issues Dennis and Ron agree, and that is on the constitution.

However, Dennis get very confused though about the evil's of centralized powers of government. He understands the evils of the aristocracy controlling the government, however, he thinks that the solution is a benevelont government (idealistic) cracking down on the aristocracy.

He doesn't understand that the central government is just a vehicle for the aristocracy to repress and enslave the people, and the larger it gets the more the aristocracy is empowered to abuse it.

This is where most democrats get confused. The public school systems teach us to distrust private entities (bad guys), and the solution is more government control (good guys).

In general, its centralized power structures that are evil, and the aristocracy always benefits more if there is a centralised power structure to disempower their competition.

Most liberals like Dennis still don't understand that the extreme government control (Soviet Union) will still only benefit a handful of aristocrats at the expense of the people.

However, he is one step closer to seeing the big picture if he understands what the Fed is. On most issues, Dennis and Ron can agree on constitutional principles, and for that I commend him.

Paulitician
01-10-2009, 04:12 PM
Kucinich has principles, its just a shame that they are all marxist principles.

edit: and to say the federal reserve isn't anymore federal thn fedex is irrelevant. Kucinich shows his communist stripes thinking the system is flawed because it is quasi-private quasi-public. The Fed's political structure has really nothing to do with why it is a flawed and economically damaging system.
Right on.

TheConstitutionLives
01-10-2009, 04:14 PM
Give him some credit. He's obviously been researching this whole fed issue as of late. It's a good start.

james1906
01-10-2009, 04:27 PM
Dennis wants to turn our country into Sweden, Obama wants to turn it into the USSR.

If I had to pick one, I'd take Sweden.

RSLudlum
01-10-2009, 04:34 PM
Give him some credit. He's obviously been researching this whole fed issue as of late. It's a good start.

Yeah, maybe. But I'd like to know what the hell he's been reading that advocates getting rid of the Fed and Fractional Reserve Banking while at the same time promoting New Deal policies???? :confused:

mediahasyou
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM
digg this is front page material.

Natalie
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM
Dennis seemed like such a nice guy until I saw him stumping for Obama with all his might at the DNC.

Is this true? I can't believe it, I thought he was on our side. I feel so betrayed! :eek:

Natalie
01-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Oh geez. I just watched the Youtube of the DNC. Kucinich is a commie and he supports Barack. I can't believe I ever liked him.

OferNave
01-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Oh geez. I just watched the Youtube of the DNC. Kucinich is a commie and he supports Barack. I can't believe I ever liked him.

...yup

daviddee
01-11-2009, 03:40 AM

revolutionary8
01-11-2009, 04:15 AM
Dennis wants to turn our country into Sweden, Obama wants to turn it into the USSR.

If I had to pick one, I'd take Sweden.

LOL

I look at Kucinich like I would look at a child yearning to understand language. He says a lot of the right things (flash cards) but he wants our guns.
I say to Dennis, the same thing I say to Obama- Come and Git em'.
Perhaps he will learn, perhaps not.

Perhaps someone should keep sending this quote to him- over and over:

“The measures adopted to restore public order are: First of all, the elimination of the so-called subversive elements. ... They were elements of disorder and subversion. On the morrow of each conflict I gave the categorical order to confiscate the largest possible number of weapons of every sort and kind. This confiscation, which continues with the utmost energy, has given satisfactory results.”
Benito Mussolini (address to the Italian Senate, 1931)

nobody's_hero
01-11-2009, 04:49 AM
Dennis is from a dying breed of Democrats that actually *DO* want to be of service to the American people. Most of them are self-interested jerks who pretend to have "main street" in their hearts and prayers but really just want the power. (Same could be said for Republicans, too)

I like the "Dennis is a Ron Paul on acid" theory. :cool:

Dennis is more of a Hamiltonian. It is a bummer, though, that he endorsed Barack.

revolutionary8
01-11-2009, 05:13 AM
Dennis is from a dying breed of Democrats that actually *DO* want to be of service to the American people. Most of them are self-interested jerks who pretend to have "main street" in their hearts and prayers but really just want the power. (Same could be said for Republicans, too)

I like the "Dennis is a Ron Paul on acid" theory. :cool:

Dennis is more of a Hamiltonian. It is a bummer, though, that he endorsed Barack.

D3nnis has a heart. That is why I like/respect him.
However,
he comes for my guns, all respect is lost.

Arklatex
01-11-2009, 02:05 PM
I'd streamline congress, kick out all of the dems besides for Kucinich, all the GOP except Paul.

Knightskye
01-11-2009, 06:22 PM
I'd streamline congress, kick out all of the dems besides for Kucinich, all the GOP except Paul.

"All who oppose?"
"Nay!"
"That was quick."

:D

Vet_from_cali
01-11-2009, 06:33 PM
what i wanna know is who actually came up with that line lol

surf
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
he's anti-war. he's a friend of ours, and his hot wife w/the tongue ring spoke highly of Dr. Paul. look at the Israel support bill vote - 330-5 or something like that. Dennis voted w/Ron on this, he voted against the Wall St. bailout, etc. and he put up w/about as much shit as our guy did during his Presidential run.

he differentiated himself from Obama as a peace supporter, but my guess is he despised McWar as much as many of us did.

don't take it too hard on the (commie) guy.

dr. hfn
01-11-2009, 11:43 PM
any ally is good news

gb13
01-11-2009, 11:46 PM

That's alright. He stole it from one of the interviewees in "America: Freedom to Fascism"...

But I like Dennis. I don't like a lot of his liberal politics, but he is one of the very few in DC who has any respect for civil liberties and constitutional warfare.