PDA

View Full Version : I just met Dr Paul

EvilTwinkie
09-11-2007, 09:05 PM
At LAX.

I got the message from my meetup group after work and had just enough time to throw on my Ron Paul revolution T shirt and jump in the car and race to LAX. '

I walked into Terminal 7 baggage claim to see Paul getting his picture taken with about 10-12 other people. I couldnt control myself and just ran so I could be in the picture too, no one seemed to mind. Paul had to rush out to a radio interview so we followed him out shouting RON PAUL FOR PRESIDENT, PRESIDENT.. RON PAUL. All I had was my T-shirt on but people had extra signs, so they gave me some, and my voice carries when I want it to.. heh.

People were looking , LAX was pretty dead that time of day. We followed him out all the way to the parking lot to cheer him on. I shook his hand and got my pic taken with him by someone in my meetup group, hopefully Ill get the picture.

I didnt get much of a chance to talk to him cause I was too busy cheering, but I did mumble something like, "Thank you for what you do, you've been an obsession of mine for the last 3 months." and he said "All right!"

End of a great day.

speciallyblend
09-11-2007, 09:13 PM
I cant wait for Ron Paul to come to colorado.I will be there;)

Matt Collins
09-11-2007, 09:15 PM
That's awesome!

Original_Intent
09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
At LAX.

All I had was my T-shirt on but people had extra signs, so they gave me some, and my voice carries when I want it to.. heh.

People were looking .

OK, all you had on was your T-shirt, people were looking, but people had extra signs. Nice mental image.:p

Vvick727
09-11-2007, 09:20 PM
Haha.. yeah I've noticed, he doesn't say "thank you" a lot.

Most of the time its either "alright!" or "very well!"

Not that it's bad, i just find it interesting

kenc9
09-11-2007, 09:21 PM
Here was my great fortune :D

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/2Picture014.jpg
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y109/kenc9/3Picture016.jpg

Politeia
09-11-2007, 09:25 PM
in 1988, when Dr. Paul came to our town as the LP candidate. Things were quieter then; about a dozen of us had a nice dinner together, and the next day or two several also met at noontime at a local outdoor cafe. I was very impressed with Dr. Paul; there was something clear and present about him. I was particularly impressed by how comfortable he was with all kinds of people; our town is famously counter-cultural and often rather wild, but Dr. Paul is sincere and comfortable enough in his own beliefs and life path that he has no problem meeting and talking with anyone on the simple libertarian basis of live-and-let-live. If only all "Christians" were like him, the world would be a much different place.

Politeia
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Haha.. yeah I've noticed, he doesn't say "thank you" a lot.

Most of the time its either "alright!" or "very well!"

Not that it's bad, i just find it interesting

Maybe he doesn't say "Thank you" because he doesn't take it personally. It's not him (and his ego) we're supporting, it's the cause of Liberty he's working for with us. So it's not his place to thank us, though it's appropriate that we thank him for putting (and having put) so much into it, and volunteering to serve as the focal point for the struggle.

It's just so unusual to meet a truly good man in this context, we're not sure quite what to do. Just follow your heart.

hopeforamerica
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Yep, we have found a hero for our times! He is a great and humble man. I met him at the airport with my family in Phoenix a few months ago and he was very gracious.

EvilTwinkie
09-11-2007, 09:31 PM
OK, all you had on was your T-shirt, people were looking, but people had extra signs. Nice mental image.:p

LOL ok that came out wrong :P

I meant thats all the ron paul paraphenalia I was sporting but... aww nevermind.. :)

Politeia
09-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Yep, we have found a hero for our times! He is a great and humble man. I met him at the airport with my family in Phoenix a few months ago and he was very gracious.

Yeah, it's so simple. A man who is simply and geniunely himself, without artifice, becomes so powerful on a stage with a bunch of obvious phonies -- and they're working so much harder than he is. What a world!

"If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything." - Mark Twain

Spirit of '76
09-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Great stuff!