PDA

View Full Version : Grassroots Survey Project (beta-test)

ronpaulhawaii
01-09-2009, 02:47 PM
I've been playing around with some survey software and, in order to learn about the question formatting, kludged the following together.

[Edit -Survey closed - beta-test complete, thanks]

I'd, also, like to learn a bit about the data handling/reporting end, so would appreciate people taking the time to run through it. Also, hearing how it works from your side will help heaps.

This tool is being developed alongside the Grassroots Portal Project

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=171696

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2009, 03:33 PM
Javascript "close this window" doesn't work.

-t

ronpaulhawaii
01-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Javascript "close this window" doesn't work.

-t

Hmmm... thanks. Did you just close the tab, instead?

And thanks to the others who have run through it. I'm still trying to figure out how to get a good read of the results but can see that people have used it.

I am quite the e-gnoramus, if any one wants to play around with this, and help, PM and I can make accts...

We'll eventually need question sets, entire surveys targeting different populations...

onward and forward

:)

tangent4ronpaul
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
Hmmm... thanks. Did you just close the tab, instead?

yeppers!

-t

fight4liberty
01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
Since you did ask for feedback from survey respondees, regarding the line of instruction in the first survey item (page 2) that reads, "Click on an item in the list on the left, starting with your highest ranking item, moving through to your lowest ranking item." I thought the font should be a little larger as it was a little hard for me to read. Granted my vision is a little sub-par but there are going to be others who have even less vision than me who will be reading the surveys.

Same goes for the instructions at the bottom that reads: "Click on the scissors next to each item on the right to remove the last entry in your ranked list".

I agree with the other lines of instruction (in the same survey item) being larger than these two lines so, if you have to, you can jack up the size of the font for the other lines in order to keep the same relative difference in their sizes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exciting. The flexibility of the layout for the different questions looks good so far.

I will put some time (don't have a whole lot) into some suggested questions for a real survey and post them so others can critique them and offer suggestions for other questions and ways to improve the survey, etc.

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2009, 08:13 AM
Since you did ask for feedback from survey respondees, regarding the line of instruction in the first survey item (page 2) that reads, "Click on an item in the list on the left, starting with your highest ranking item, moving through to your lowest ranking item." I thought the font should be a little larger as it was a little hard for me to read. Granted my vision is a little sub-par but there are going to be others who have even less vision than me who will be reading the surveys.

Same goes for the instructions at the bottom that reads: "Click on the scissors next to each item on the right to remove the last entry in your ranked list".

I agree with the other lines of instruction (in the same survey item) being larger than these two lines so, if you have to, you can jack up the size of the font for the other lines in order to keep the same relative difference in their sizes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is exciting. The flexibility of the layout for the different questions looks good so far.

I will put some time (don't have a whole lot) into some suggested questions for a real survey and post them so others can critique them and offer suggestions for other questions and ways to improve the survey, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm pretty sure the font sizes can be adjusted in the CSS files.

Here is the manual (http://docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey ) . Getting an idea of the "question types" helps for creating questions. Thanks, I look forward to seeing this develop...

[Edit- the Aims/Ames typo should be fixed...]

fight4liberty
01-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Here is the manual (http://docs.limesurvey.org/tiki-index.php?page=English+Instructions+for+LimeSurvey ) . Getting an idea of the "question types" helps for creating questions.

I clicked on the survey manual link and looked at the types of questions (different choices of question formats) and there is every possible choice anyone could ever want! Very sophisticated. Yes, knowing the choices available will help in the creating of questions. Thanks.

ronpaulhawaii
01-10-2009, 07:22 PM
I clicked on the survey manual link and looked at the types of questions (different choices of question formats) and there is every possible choice anyone could ever want! Very sophisticated. Yes, knowing the choices available will help in the creating of questions. Thanks.

Yes, the question types, and attributes, provide a lot of built in flexibility. Pretty easy to use so far, as well.

I'm going to shut down the 1st beta-test, and see what deleting it does to the data usage on the free server this is being run on.

I've been able to export/read the data. 50% completion rate :) Thanks again to all who gave it a test drive

I've had the full program installed on another server, so if we come up with a serious survey before the portal project is up, we can run it. I am hoping deleting the beta test will open up room on the free server so we can continue to use that service for testing/learning...

onward and forward

:)