PDA

View Full Version : Ron Clark Academy Kids Sing "Dear Obama"

tropicangela
01-09-2009, 02:38 PM
Ran a search and didn't see this on the forum.

The lyrics... "spread peace, hope, and Democracy"

(fast fwd to 3:30)
"Dear Obama" for Oprah - Ron Clark Academy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA_gtxcwRss

Ron Clark Academy Response To Obama Becoming President
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqJtZtb_qS0

Rael
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
Typical mind numbed robots, like most students coming out of schools today, utterly without the capacity for objective, critical thinking.

Danke
01-10-2009, 01:09 PM
"and please control Ahmedijad"

Holy shit. WTF?!?!

Uriel999
01-11-2009, 12:49 AM
"and please control Ahmedijad"

Holy shit. WTF?!?!

Yeah for real. Scary shit.

The Grinning Maniac
01-11-2009, 05:47 PM
What do these kids know about anything? This reminds me of that group of schoolchildren directed by adults who were singing about how Obama was going to change the world. These displays are very disturbing. It feels like the seeds of some absolutist cult of personality are sprouting before our eyes.

I hate making comparisons to Hitler, I really do. It feels cheap. But it's really appropriate on some levels and the comparisons could also be made to other totalitarian leaders.

It is dangerous for this level of praise to be poured upon any political leader. If it isn't from the people demanding we worship him because this is a moment of "racial healing", it is the ones singing his praises because they believe he will save us all. To be fair, I really have to question how much problem I would have with this kind of display were it being heaped on someone like Ron Paul. Looking deep inside, I think I would still be somewhat disturbed, but less so. At least he stood for something real. Obama is completely a fiction made of empty promises, smoke, and mirrors. He's some amorphous consumer product commerical who's whatever you want him to be and he's going to heal your life.

I believe that what we're witnessing right now is a battle between explosive emotion and calculating logic; blind faith and common sense, celebrity and philosophy. It saddens me that so many people are at the shallow end of the pool. Even more so that *we're* viewed as nutcases, heartless bastards, and irrelevant voices, even as we're proved more and more correct by the day.

This feels like an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Freedom 4 all
01-11-2009, 07:06 PM
Obama worship is starting to become a bit of a cult. That's not a good sign for freedom. A leader should never be beyond falliability.

danberkeley
01-11-2009, 08:32 PM
So not only is he a role model, but he ALSO a father figure, and ALSO someone to look up to. LOL Wtf is the difference between role model & look up to? That's like saying "not only is he going to keep us safe, he will ALSO protect us from danger." LOL Obama is a bunch of hype. And this country is fucked.

christagious
01-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Wow I used to have some respect for Ron Clark

Agent CSL
01-12-2009, 01:54 AM
Obama worship is starting to become a bit of a cult. That's not a good sign for freedom. A leader should never be beyond falliability.
Where have you been for the past 12 months?

This is sick and I've left my thoughts.

danberkeley
01-12-2009, 02:43 AM
Here is one that is worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKlllB8PoGo

canadian4ronpaul
01-12-2009, 09:48 AM
Here is one that is worse:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKlllB8PoGo

good GOD. one of the comments is "these kids give me hope for the future". WTF!!!!!!

these kids dont know a god damned thing! i fear for the future.

By the way, my original comment was that other people could say the same thing about us. we are much more dedicated to our candidate than other people were.

danberkeley
01-12-2009, 10:59 AM
good GOD. one of the comments is "these kids give me hope for the future". WTF!!!!!!

these kids dont know a god damned thing! i fear for the future.

By the way, my original comment was that other people could say the same thing about us. we are much more dedicated to our candidate than other people were.

Sure. But we are less wrong than the Obamaphiles on so many levels. And it is not a matter of opinion.

decatren
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
lmao :D

Freedom 4 all
01-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Where have you been for the past 12 months?

This is sick and I've left my thoughts.

I was kind of hoping it would die down after the election. Clearly I have too much faith in people.