PDA

View Full Version : Here's An Example Of What Happens When You Decide To Get Invovled In Political Action

pennycat
01-09-2009, 12:14 PM
So often we look to get involved in politics and come away frustrated. This is because people naturally want to see an indication of results from their efforts.

Here's an example from my own experience.

In the summer of 2008 I decided to try and gain real political influence. Remember that this was in the height of the presidential campaign between Obama and McCain.

I viewed McCain as not the likely winner of that contest. I rightly guessed that this loss would precipitate a thorough re-examination within the Republican Party.

So I looked around at the best way to use both my time and the cadre of support that was built up through Republican Congressman Ron Paul's presidential campaign.

I, along with a few other RP activists weighed the possibility of jumping to one of the third party candidates. We also considered mass distribution of DVD's and flyers promoting a conservative/liberty message.

Whatever we thought of seemed to be limited by either money or an overwhelming demand of time.

Then we began to look at the Orange County Republican Executive Committee (OCREC). This organization was the official mouthpiece of the Republican Party of Orange County, Florida.

We had been attending these meetings for the last year or so and realized that with our superior numbers and organization we could gain substantial influence. That was because traditional Republicans rarely showed up and attendance was mostly Party insiders.

Dovetailing with the expected demise of McCain's campaign was the internal OCREC elections that would take place in December 2008.

We then began a campaign of our own to get ALL Ron Paul supporters to sign up for what is called Precinct Committee positions. This is a fancy name for a 'precinct captain.'

The ostensible purpose of a Precinct Committee (PC) member was to walk the precinct in which they lived. While many of us had already done that for Dr. Paul's campaign, the PC member was able to vote in the December 2008 election for a new Board of Directors.

To make a long story short, we are still trying to gain the chairmanship of our county Party. The first election was rigged by a false one vote margin. It's in the courts now.

If you want to read more and keep up on this fascinating study of grassroots insurgency within the Republican Party, please bookmark my blog at

http://nickegorofforlandopoliticalactivist.blogspot.com/

Bottom line? We can win and have a blast doing it.

Spread the word. Theirs a new wind blowing and it just might blow away the political establishment.

Nick Egoroff
Science of Freedom/Director
http://apps.facebook.com/causes/posts/104838?m=9bfabf26

nullvalu
01-09-2009, 12:33 PM
awesome - we're doing the same in our county, i hope everyone is getting involved like this.