PDA

View Full Version : Ron: Block Congressional Pay Raise!

Yvonne
01-09-2009, 09:01 AM
Ron has introduced legislation to block this automatic raise. Please call, e-mail your congressperson immediately to have them co-sponsor it and pledge to actively support it:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/024779.html
Thanks everyone........

roho76
01-09-2009, 09:16 AM
We should ask them to step down too. Not gonna happen. In an ideal world Congress would say to themselves "Hey the economy is not going well and people are suffering, we shouldn't take more of their money via taxes and give ourselves a raise." but we don't live in that kind of world.

surf
01-09-2009, 03:12 PM
i blatantly plagiarized Ron Paul:)

Dear Representative Reichert,

I write to urge you to co-sponsor H.R. 156.

H.R. 156 would prevent Members of Congress from receiving any automatic pay adjustment in 2010.

Turning down an automatic pay increase this year is the least Congress could do to demonstrate fiscal responsibility and solidarity with your constituents in these tough economic times. Much more needs to be done to reduce the size and expense of government, but passing this legislation would be a start.

This simple act will do much to show integrity and spread goodwill among your constituents in our Congressional District.

Please let me know whether you will co-sponsor H.R. 156.

Thank you for your time,
Sincerely,
Tim
Republican PCO 48-0950

surf
01-09-2009, 03:36 PM
bump in an effort to get some grassroots support on this "lay-up" of a common sense bill. please follow Ron's lead and pressure these guys to do the right thing.

it's well past-time that Ron got something passed, and we can help.

surf
01-09-2009, 05:15 PM
one last bump

orafi
01-09-2009, 05:30 PM
What's so wrong with bailing out congress?

That's what they'll be thinking.

surf
01-11-2009, 04:30 PM
one more bump. write congress, please. this should be a no-brainer, but these guys could use a nudge....

nobody's_hero
01-11-2009, 06:43 PM
Well, I sent one back in mid-December through Congress.org. Maybe they've replied but I just can't hear them for all the crickets chirping. I'm not wasting any more of my time:

Senator/Representative [Blah Blah Blah]:

I oppose giving Congress a pay raise this year because Congress has not
faithfully obeyed/defended/supported the Constitution of the United
States.

Sincerely,
[Blah Blah Blah]

Oh, the robot did reply:

Thank you for contacting me. Representing the State of Georgia in the United States Senate is an honor and a privilege.

I appreciate hearing from you and knowing your concerns. This automated response serves as a receipt of your e-mail message and allows me to respond to your direct question or comment in a more timely manner.

*** If you are having a problem with a specific government agency, the Federal Privacy Act of 1974 requires that I have your written authorization, signed by you, in order to contact the agency about the problem. Since electronic communications do not meet the requirements of the Federal Privacy Act, please call 1-800-234-4208 or visit my website and select "How Can We Help?" from the menu at the left, then select "Help with Federal Agencies" for information on beginning the process.***

Thank you again for taking the time to contact me. I look forward to staying in touch.

Very truly yours,
Saxby Chambliss

heavenlyboy34
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
bump! to remind myself and others to do this. :)

Vet_from_cali
01-11-2009, 06:46 PM
a pay raise in this economy?

http://i42.tinypic.com/28vu8af.gif

slacker921
01-15-2009, 08:25 PM
Ron Paul co-signed a similar bill back in 2003.. it got nowhere (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h108-31)..

now.. one thing that is interesting about this latest bill - David Price (remember him?) (http://www.davidsprice.com/) co-signed... as did Larry Kissell
(the High School history teacher who ousted long time Republican Congressman Robin Hayes).

surf
01-15-2009, 09:25 PM
from what i can tell, he's up to about 75 co-signers now (though not Congressman Reichert....)

write these fellows, please.

surf
01-20-2009, 01:02 PM
bump - w/many viewing today - lets do this

anaconda
01-20-2009, 02:28 PM
Kudos to Harry Mitchell (D-AZ) also.