PDA

View Full Version : Human Events' Rachel Marsden Disagrees with Dr. Paul; Says Gaza Not "Pre-emptive"

Knightskye
01-08-2009, 10:11 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30189

The latest chapter in the conflict between the governments of Israel and Palestine is generating loads of media ink -- and huge, whopping lies. Here’s a roundup of the top myths related to this war:

1) Israel launched a preemptive war.

Congressman and former GOP Presidential candidate, Ron Paul, suggested to Press TV -- the official propaganda arm of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad -- that Israel’s actions were “preemptive”. His logic: Israel has nukes and Hamas doesn’t, so it’s unfair. Look, a war isn’t automatically “preemptive” just because one party was dumb enough to pick a fight it can’t win. I mean, do you want your jihad, or don’t you? This is getting confusing. It also isn’t the first time Rep. Paul has lamented the lack of nuclear power in other Middle Eastern countries. In early 2007, on Fox News, Rep. Paul told me that he didn’t have a problem with Iran possessing nukes. The whole idea of Israel’s nuclear advantage is moot, until Israel nukes Gaza -- and they haven’t. If you ask me, the “Zionists” are showing unbelievable restraint.

I'd say it is pre-emptive if you got attacked by a small group of bandits and then send an army in and start bombing a place they probably didn't even come from.