View Full Version : Amen Brother !

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
http://clubs.ccsu.edu/recorder/editorial/editorial_item.asp?NewsID=266

amen brother.

inibo
09-11-2007, 08:41 PM
<pedantic rant>
I like what he is saying, but his writing skills are a demonstration of the decay in education in the U.S. That he is university student is bad enough, that he is a staff editor for that publication is a travesty.
</pedantic rant>

YMMV

Man from La Mancha
09-11-2007, 09:33 PM
<pedantic rant>
I like what he is saying, but his writing skills are a demonstration of the decay in education in the U.S. That he is university student is bad enough, that he is a staff editor for that publication is a travesty.
</pedantic rant>

YMMVI understood every thing he said, thats the point of communicating, not having to worry someone is grading you. No one in the country uses English properly or it would be worded like spanish.

maxmerkel
09-11-2007, 09:54 PM
<pedantic rant>
</pedantic rant>

wohow, the guy who wrote the article certainly *LOVES* ron paul !
maybe he's a foreign exchange student working for the campus paper and isn't that firm with his english (forgive me too)....

anyways, the proofreader should be [insert something very awful here] ;)

inibo
09-11-2007, 10:06 PM
I knew I was gonna be sorry I posted that. It's just a peeve of mine. I shouldn't talk because my spelling is sometimes very creative and I often screw up homonyms and such. So forget I mentioned it. Or let the beatings continue. Either way, I'll live. :)

Hook
09-12-2007, 12:11 AM
I understood every thing he said, thats the point of communicating, not having to worry someone is grading you. No one in the country uses English properly or it would be worded like spanish.

:confused:

Man from La Mancha
09-12-2007, 12:59 AM
:confused:
I'm really bad in English, I got 90 to 99% in math and science in aptitudes tests but 10% in English and I was born in the USA. The use of pronouns, adverbs, nouns and such was changed around 1800 and that the way many other cultures use grammer is correct compared to the we are using it. I can't find a good example to show you. sorry

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 01:10 AM
<pedantic rant>
</pedantic rant>

YMMV

What was wrong with it? The over use of the "?"? lol

inibo
09-12-2007, 06:02 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. Upon further reflection I realize I was being an elitist snob.

Scribbler de Stebbing
09-12-2007, 06:17 PM
I knew I was gonna be sorry I posted that. It's just a peeve of mine. I shouldn't talk because my spelling is sometimes very creative and I often screw up homonyms and such. So forget I mentioned it. Or let the beatings continue. Either way, I'll live. :)

I didn't read it, but I'm with you, Inibo. I'll occasionally let a "who" which should be a "whom" slip, but I tend to be a nazi when it comes to grammar and punctuation. I can get a bit casual here, so don't start nitpicking me. ;) I am forgiving of posters. Not so forgiving of those writing for publication. [ <-- sentence fragment :eek: ]

Lois
09-12-2007, 06:20 PM
I knew I was gonna be sorry I posted that.

There's no such word as "gonna". Now we're going to proofread and edit every post you write :)

Lois
09-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I'll occasionally let a "who" which should be a "whom" slip,

There should have been a comma after "who" and after "whom". :)

JosephTheLibertarian
09-12-2007, 06:23 PM
There's no such word as "gonna". Now we're going to proofread and edit every post you write :)

It's fair game.. I look for new words to use in the urban dictionary ;)

Tina
09-12-2007, 07:08 PM
There is nothing wrong with it. Upon further reflection I realize I was being an elitist snob.

Maybe, but you gained some perspicacity. That's a good thing.