PDA

View Full Version : Why does DjLoTi need a studio...

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 07:43 PM
You guys are not giving me enough credit.

We have a new college radio station in the heartland of Iowa and it's Ron Paul radio

http://radio-locator.com/pats/WKBF_AM_LD.gif

If not having your own Ron Paul radio broadcasting in Iowa isn't good enough.. even though it's WAY better then a 30 sec commercial....

We've got a killer line-up this week. Wednesday and Thursday night is gonna be tight. We've got the USC rally being broadcasted live, followed up by Back-to-back Congressional Coast to Coast and Cannabis Culture.

Don't forget, Friday we'll have Rick Williams broadcast from all the events in Seattle.

If you still ain't feelin' the vibe, we've got a new show coming up from the Mothers Against Illegal Immigration to talk about immigration issues.

We're not stopping. We keep going. Join the Revolution

ThePieSwindler
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM
djloti youre the man. I think ima donate to RPR :-D

mdh
09-11-2007, 07:46 PM
Please do. Donations accepted in gold, silver, fiat dollars, or weed. :p

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 07:47 PM
Fiat dollars accepted! ;)

mdh
09-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Send the good weed my way. Regs to loti. :D

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 07:50 PM
When has anybody known me to give out all the information ??

There's still more coming..

Marshall
09-11-2007, 07:52 PM
Good deal Dj. I've been playing RP Radio at work so that my co-workers can hear all the RP speeches that you play, and it's been having very positive results.

Just a thought, but if you get in touch with Alex Jones he may be able to at the very least give you some advice, if not help you in more substantial manners.

constituent
09-11-2007, 08:07 PM
hell yea! alex jones is awesome.... i bet if we parked our happy asses on his message board for a couple of hours just to make sure he heard us he'd be like,

"hell yea, i'm with... first you gotta... then you gotta..."

alex jones has come a very long way just in the last few years alone...

who knows? maybe he'll have some awesome old interviews or something
that you could play over the air...

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:10 PM
I have a few connections :)

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:16 PM
BTW.. I'm just talking about the radio station. I haven't even started talking about all the other things going on..

You people realize we're going to win, right?

Marshall
09-11-2007, 08:29 PM
My question is: What support do you need for this station? And what can we do to help?

slantedview
09-11-2007, 08:30 PM
broadcasting the rally live!? sweet! i'm there!!

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:30 PM
I'd like some really good show hosts, and enough money to pay for the cost of broadcasting.

So, if anyone can get us some people who'd like to sponsor us, that'd be great. We could use a few people on the team. It would be cool if everybody could worry about just 1 thing.

It's really exciting, I think this could turn out really well.

slantedview
09-11-2007, 08:31 PM
what time does the usc rally broadcast start?

btw, this is amazing.

mdh
09-11-2007, 08:32 PM
My question is: What support do you need for this station? And what can we do to help?

Hiya Marshall.
We could use more regular hosts. As little as an hour a week, or as much as a two-hour show every single day helps. The more live shows, the better, I say.
Do you have any technical or design expertise? We could always put more of that to work to improve things.
And of course, monetary donations are always helpful.

Feel free to let us know what you can contribute on the real-time chat or the Ron Paul Radio forum (http://www.ronpaulradio.com/ has links to both).

Thanks!

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
My show will start aproximately 3:00 Pacific - if we get all the bugs worked out I will be reporting LIVE!

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 08:33 PM
mdh is a part of the Ron Paul radio team, and he's been a big help.

*edit* so is ghemminger ;)

mdh
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
mdh is a part of the Ron Paul radio team, and he's been a big help.

*edit* so is ghemminger ;)

Thanks buddy! I'mma be doing a show soon hopefully, too, but I am making my wife do one first. :p
She'll be our first female host!

slantedview
09-11-2007, 08:35 PM
My show will start aproximately 3:00 Pacific - if we get all the bugs worked out I will be reporting LIVE!

sweet. i'll be listening, errr, i mean, i'll be working very hard at that time.

DjLoTi
09-11-2007, 09:03 PM
It'll be a fun time. I'm mostly looking forward to having a radio station in Iowa.

Santana28
09-12-2007, 12:03 AM
DJ, you should have a poll for programming selections!!

Also, i dont know if you have considered it - but i don't think you should be afraid to find a local Ron Paul supporting Preacher or Pastor or whatever to have a show on Sunday morning or afternoon, examining the role of government and Ron Paul's policies from a religious perspective.

I only suggest this because from personal experience it seems that ALL devout Christians listen to Christian radio obsessively. LOL. Good way to get them hooked!! Get Dr. Dobson on or Pat Buchanan and you're set for life!

Though i'd probably not put the Cannabis Culture thing on right after it... hehe

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 04:25 AM
DJ KBK RON PAULING IT 2008 ,I will pin down a time for the show that i can do in the next 2 days www.coloradosbestdjs.com I'm excited to start working with you guys asap. RON PAUL 2008

DjLoTi
09-12-2007, 06:56 AM
Yo Santana28 that is a really good idea... a pastor or something on Sunday mornings... perfect.

Santana28
09-12-2007, 10:21 AM

How about a show "On the Issues" - just every show talk about one specific issue in depth... not just specifically Ron Paul's stance on the issues, but actually talk to people with different viewpoints (call up "experts", professors, etc) about the issue of the day and debunking the "spin" around each issue present in major media.

I wish i lived a little closer... i'd help you out in a heartbeat. We need this up and running in Chicago next... ;)

M.Bellmore
09-12-2007, 10:26 AM
Maybe you could contact Paston Chuck Baldwin for an interview to play on Sunday. He seems to be a big RP supporter.

Badger Paul
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
What's the frequency? It looks like the singnal reaches to my parent's farm in Wisconsin.

mdh
09-12-2007, 11:01 AM

How about a show "On the Issues" - just every show talk about one specific issue in depth... not just specifically Ron Paul's stance on the issues, but actually talk to people with different viewpoints (call up "experts", professors, etc) about the issue of the day and debunking the "spin" around each issue present in major media.

I wish i lived a little closer... i'd help you out in a heartbeat. We need this up and running in Chicago next... ;)

We are nationwide via the internet. You don't need to be closer! :)

We have show hosts from Florida, Pennsylvania, California, and elsewhere.

speciallyblend
09-12-2007, 11:15 AM
DJ LOTI WE LOVE YOU:) YOU DA BOMB YOU ROCK,that better :)

DjLoTi
09-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Yo I would love to set up shop in Chicago, I was also thinking Colorado as well.

ARealConservative
09-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Is this stationed in Rock Island or Moline?

Santana28
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Chicago needs hit HARD. The liberal anti-war message is VERY strong... unfortunately there is so much Barack Obama propaganda going around that no one gets to hear Ron Paul's message. And since its not an early primary state, its not getting the attention that it needs. Hopefully Ron's upcoming visit on the 22nd will get the ball rolling.

A Ron Paul Revolution Guerrilla Radio station would be the best way to start getting that message out there..

I have some friends that have an internet radio show on FearlessRadio.com based in Chicago... i know they're always looking for new and interesting show ideas. Maybe at the very least we could get a Ron Paul hour every day... i know they'd do it for the ratings alone...

maybe we should drop them a line. hmmmm.....ideas...ideas....

TheConstitutionLives
09-12-2007, 12:32 PM
I solute you. I used to be a college DJ myself. Lots of fun b/c colleges pretty much give you free rein to do what you want.

TheConstitutionLives
09-12-2007, 12:36 PM
Oh yeah, something you might be interested in. We used to have a "Drink/Cocktail Of The Week" on my show. We'd give the ingredients of the drink and we had an arrangement with a popular local liquor store that would give the customer 20% off the liquor needed to make that particular drink. All they had to do was go into the liquor store and say that they heard the ad on our radio show and they wanted to get the discount on those ingredients. It was a sweet deal b/c it was a fun way to raise money as well as get the word out about our show.

Just an idea that could maybe explored through Ron Paul radio somehow.