PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use Cal Ben pure soap?

Josh_LA
01-08-2009, 06:43 AM
please advise

LibertyEagle
01-08-2009, 07:38 AM
Yes. I like it.

pacelli
01-08-2009, 07:45 AM
I use the soap and shampoo, and have a pretty good supply stocked on the shelf. I've got some chemically-based soaps and shampoos stocked as well, for giving away to others when they need it. Cal-ben stuff is easily worth twice what you pay for it.

Cal-ben is good stuff, even for guys.

LibertyEagle
01-08-2009, 07:48 AM
I use the soap and shampoo,

Same here. I also use their laundry detergent. One of their big boxes lasts for freakin' ever. :)

youngbuck
01-08-2009, 07:49 PM
I ordered there big year supply thing of soap. Comes with soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, dish soap, and something else IIRC. I'd buy it again. It's actually a good thing to have on hand if TSHTF. Running out of soap of any type, including toothpaste, would really blow.

Josh_LA
01-09-2009, 06:15 AM
whats it smell like?

LibertyEagle
01-09-2009, 07:49 AM
whats it smell like?

None of it has a strong fragrance. The bar soap has the most, but that's still very mild. It just smells like the natural oils that are in it. Just a fresh smell. Very nice.

revolutionary8
01-09-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes, I do use Cal-Ben and I love them.
I bought the sample pack for my first order and absolutely fell in love with their soaps. The sample pack is cheap, and the soaps can be used for everything.

I use the pure soap, the lotion, the glass cleaner, the shampoo, the dish soap, the auto dishwasher soap, the body lotion, and the concentrated hand soap w/ the pump. The best thing about Cal-Ben soaps is that you can use those products for just about everything- iow- the soaps can be used for much more- carpets, car washing, toilet washing, kitchen washing, hair washing, face washing, laundry, pet washing, hand washing, etc.

And to add to what LE said- these soaps won't burn your nose hairs or send you in to a sneezing/coughing fit.

asimplegirl
01-13-2009, 12:03 AM
I have never heard of this..is it a castile soap or what?

I make my own soaps, shampoos, detergents, cleaners, etc. I love pure coconut oil soap. You know it's the only soap pure enough to foam in the dead sea?

I know it is harsh on skin, but if you moisturize with coconut oil, it works fine...and smells yummy, very light smell.