PDA

View Full Version : One Size Fits All Tyrants. Obama Authoritarian

Chosen
01-07-2009, 07:12 PM
http://aztlandestroyer.com/public/obamabootsMED.png

Click to view Image Larger and In More Detail. RIGHT CLICK Save AS to Save to Your Computer (http://aztlandestroyer.com/public/obamaboots.png)

Please consider reading the citizens guide to collectivism:

Know Your Enemy (http://aztlandestroyer.com/public/knowenemy_chosen2008.pdf)

micahnelson
01-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Marx was a tyrant?

Chosen
01-07-2009, 07:37 PM
Absolutely! A usurper of sovereignty.

The_Orlonater
01-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Hate Marx all you want, but he was not a tyrant. He never ruled a government he wrote papers like the rest of the field.

Chosen
01-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes, I will continue to hate Marx all I want. Tyranny is not just taking the mantle of leader in the absolute sense, it can be colloquial as well.

Just so you do not get confused or focus on one specific element and miss the bigger picture:

tyranny:
1: oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson> ; especially : oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>2 a: a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler ; especially : one characteristic of an ancient Greek city-state b: the office, authority, and administration of a tyrant3: a rigorous condition imposed by some outside agency or force <living under the tyranny of the clock — Dixon Wecter>4: a tyrannical act <workers who had suffered tyrannies>

Thanks for playing. I enjoy when closet Marxists get pissy.

Original_Intent
01-07-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't hink he is pissy because he is a closet Marxist, I think he is questioning you including Marx as a tyrant.

I absolutlely loathe Marx, but I agree with the Orionater, he wan't a tyrant becuae he wasn't in power.

your own definition oppressive POWER. Marx never held power.

Don't get all "pissy" because someone doesn'ta gree with you.

nate895
01-07-2009, 09:30 PM
Even if Marx isn't considered a tyrant, he can still be considered the inspiration for the other two tyrants on the poster.

Chosen
01-07-2009, 09:31 PM
I don't hink he is pissy because he is a closet Marxist, I think he is questioning you including Marx as a tyrant.

I absolutlely loathe Marx, but I agree with the Orionater, he wan't a tyrant becuae he wasn't in power.

your own definition oppressive POWER. Marx never held power.

Don't get all "pissy" because someone doesn'ta gree with you.

I provided you with a definition of tyranny. This indicates that one does not have to be "in power" to be tyrannical.

1: oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man — Thomas Jefferson>

Remain calm do not get confused.

BTW would you consider Marx to have no power over human society in any context?

Chosen
01-07-2009, 09:33 PM
Even if Marx isn't considered a tyrant, he can still be considered the inspiration for the other two tyrants on the poster.Exactly, I consider him to be tyrannical in his influence to be sure. I don't think you have to be a head of state to be a tyrant.

Chosen
01-07-2009, 09:35 PM
I suppose the funny thing is I didn't indicate anywhere Marx was a tyrant.

Original_Intent
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
If you want to play the game of words mean whatever you want them to mean, have fun.

Main Entry: ty·rant
Pronunciation: \ˈtī-rənt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English tyraunt, from Anglo-French tyran, tyrant, from Latin tyrannus, from Greek tyrannos
Date: 14th century
1 a: an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b: a usurper of sovereignty
2 a: a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b: one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

Now I am guessing you found the above definition (we were arguing the meaning of tyrant, not tyranny) and then you saw you were wrong and your ego just couldn't handle that so you had to puss out and use tyranny instead and then make all kinds of mental gyrations rather than just say "I was wrong". :rolleyes:

And now I expect you are gonna fall back on the "usurper of sovereignty" argument. Ok, whose sovereignty did he usurp?

Chosen
01-07-2009, 11:26 PM
If you want to play the game of words mean whatever you want them to mean, have fun.

Main Entry: ty·rant
Pronunciation: \ˈtī-rənt\
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English tyraunt, from Anglo-French tyran, tyrant, from Latin tyrannus, from Greek tyrannos
Date: 14th century
1 a: an absolute ruler unrestrained by law or constitution b: a usurper of sovereignty
2 a: a ruler who exercises absolute power oppressively or brutally b: one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

Now I am guessing you found the above definition (we were arguing the meaning of tyrant, not tyranny) and then you saw you were wrong and your ego just couldn't handle that so you had to puss out and use tyranny instead and then make all kinds of mental gyrations rather than just say "I was wrong". :rolleyes:

And now I expect you are gonna fall back on the "usurper of sovereignty" argument. Ok, whose sovereignty did he usurp?Are you psycho or something? Why endeavour to try and gauge my intent then attribute some value to it? Nuts man! Was that one of your other logins or something...? One you preserve to prevent spoling the link in the signature?

In any event using that definition:

b: one resembling an oppressive ruler in the harsh use of authority or power

You seem to be obsessed with this. I am sorry that colloquial usage proves to be to difficult for you. It must be horrifying to be trapped in the left hemisphere of your head. The idea of using a picture of Marx and placing him indirectly as a tyrant is to indicate the power of his writing and its effect on people.

But of course let me see if I can help you out with interpretation of the image and pull you ever so slightly out of your left brain.

You see, even if you are responding to it with pure analytical faculties, you would be able to notice that nowhere does it indicate that those folks are tyrants. There is a reason Obama and Stalin (which I flipped) are facing one way and the image I used of Marx is positioned as it is. Images aren't intended to be math.

But all this due to a poorly delivered quip about Marx not being a tyrant? At some point, in some way this had to offend you (Marx being called a tyrant), otherwise I would hate to spend moment in your mind.

Chosen
01-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I suppose the funny thing is I didn't indicate anywhere Marx was a tyrant.Oh wait I posted this earlier?

Chosen
01-07-2009, 11:33 PM
2 someone who has power over other people, and uses it cruelly or unfairly:
[Look up a word starting with D or S for samples of headword or sentence pronunciations on the LDOCE CD-ROM] My headmaster was a real tyrant.