PDA

View Full Version : Help me name my YouTube vid (and make it go viral)

PeterSchiffVideos
01-07-2009, 10:00 AM
[edit] I named the video The Emperor Has No Clothes: Peter the Peasant Exposes King Henry.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTkAnp1-dK4

Hey guys,

I've been lurking here since Nov 07'. After watching Aravoth's Philosopher's Stone, I decided to create a Peter Schiff YouTube channel ( http://www.youtube.com/user/PeterSchiffVideos ). My goal is to keep the channel highly organized and eventually I hope to have a quick description of every video. This way people like Aravoth and GhoberX can simply scan my playlists and in a matter of minutes find the video clip that they're looking for. As I watched Philospher Stone I thought of all the great Schiff videos (like Analogies and Peter Schiff was Right). I'm sure it takes a great deal of time to make good videos like that, so I thought that I'd try to at least alleviate some of the time it takes them to search for the right clips.

Anyways, I spent the past few days making a video. I am going to release it tonight or tomorrow. I think it has the potential to go viral. Right now I am leaning towards calling the video "Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson vs Peter Schiff." Does that sound cool? The video is 5 minutes and is a montage of clips/quotes of Paulson and Schiff dating back to 2006. The soundtrack is very good and it goes well with the video.

I'm open to other ideas for the title. Also, if you guys like it help me make this thing go viral. I plug LibertyForest, the Campaing for Liberty, and Aaron Russo's film in it.

[edit] suggested titles so far:

Schiff vs Paulson

Peter Schiff vs Henry Paulson

Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson vs Euro Pacific Capital's Peter Schiff

Schiff vs Paulson: The Great Debate

The Emperors New Clothes

President of Europac vs The Wizard of Oz

Dr. Doom (Peter Schiff) vs. The Bald Avenger (Henry Paulson)

Dr. Doom (Peter Schiff) vs. The Chrome Crusader (Henry Paulson)

Paulson's Treason vs Schiff's Patriotism

The Goldbug and the Bailout King

Robbing Peter to Pay Paulson: How America Listened to King Paulson over Peasant Peter

Robbing Peter to Pay Paulson: [Insert something here]

The Emperor Has no Clothes on: King Henry vs Peasant Peter

King Henry vs Peasant Peter: The Emperor Has no Clothes on

ClayTrainor
01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Great idea for a video and channel man! Can't wait to see what you got :cool:

MRoCkEd
01-07-2009, 10:05 AM
Schiff vs. Paulson
or
Peter Schiff vs. Henry Paulson

might be better

ClayTrainor
01-07-2009, 10:11 AM
Your current title

"Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson vs Peter Schiff."

Comes off as a little uneven, imo, due to the "Secretary of Treasury". Peter Schiff needs some pre-text too, if Paulson is going to have one.

"Secretary of Treasury Henry Paulson Vs. Euro Pacific Capital's Peter Schiff"

That looks too long though. I like MRoCkED's suggestions, with perhaps a title to go along with it.

i.e.

"Schiff vs. Paulson - The Great Debate"

We can think of something way better than "The Great Debate" obviously, but i think that's a good format. :)

PeterSchiffVideos
01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
Hey Clay, I liked your Unconstitutional Agenda video. Quick question. I just got done making this thing with imovie on a mac. if I export the file with imovie's preset "high quality" option it comes out as a .dv file and 1.02gb. Will it upload since it's .02 over a gig? YouTube only allows a gig. When I tried to make a high quality .mov it came out as 80mb. Any recommendations on what type of file I should save it as?

TonySutton
01-07-2009, 11:29 AM
I would suggest something which does not sound political at all. Do not use names at all. Try to come up with something to catch their attention, is easy to remember and sings.

Something like "The emperors new clothes"

JK/SEA
01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
President of EURO PAC Peter Schiff vs the wizard of oz.

ClayTrainor
01-07-2009, 01:52 PM
Hey Clay, I liked your Unconstitutional Agenda video. Quick question. I just got done making this thing with imovie on a mac. if I export the file with imovie's preset "high quality" option it comes out as a .dv file and 1.02gb. Will it upload since it's .02 over a gig? YouTube only allows a gig. When I tried to make a high quality .mov it came out as 80mb. Any recommendations on what type of file I should save it as?

I've never uploaded a file that big so i'm not sure.

I saved Unconstitutional Agenda as a .mpg (mpeg2) and it came out at around 260mb

You may be able to find something on google if you search for "imovie youtube settings" or something along those lines

hope this helps :cool:

eric_cartman
01-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Dr. Doom (Peter Schiff) vs. The Bald Avenger (Henry Paulson)

or

Dr. Doom (Peter Schiff) vs. The Chrome Crusader (Henry Paulson)

AdamT
01-07-2009, 02:21 PM
Paulson's Treason vs Schiff's Patriotism

acptulsa
01-07-2009, 02:27 PM
The Gold Bug and The Bailout King. Has it got that 'huh?' factor that gets people curious to click?

Your vid clip library is a brilliant idea. I can't wait to see what some of these talented people can do with them!

PeterSchiffVideos
01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Thought of a few more tonight.

Robbing Peter to Pay Paulson: How America Listened to King Paulson over Peasant Peter

Robbing Peter to Pay Paulson: [Insert something here]

The Emperor Has no Clothes on: King Henry vs Peasant Peter

King Henry vs Peasant Peter: The Emperor Has no Clothes on

PeterSchiffVideos
01-07-2009, 10:04 PM
The Gold Bug and The Bailout King. Has it got that 'huh?' factor that gets people curious to click?

Your vid clip library is a brilliant idea. I can't wait to see what some of these talented people can do with them!

thx. check out the playlist if you haven't: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=PeterSchiffVideos&view=playlists

I edited the original post to contain all the suggested titles.

ShannonOBrien
01-08-2009, 07:35 AM
I like the current title you have the best.

PeterSchiffVideos
01-08-2009, 10:12 AM
I ran with Tony Sutton's suggestion and named the video The Emperor Has No Clothes: Peter the Peasant Exposes King Henry. I'll post here when vid is uploaded. thanks.

acptulsa
01-08-2009, 12:00 PM
Good pick on the title. Liked the robbing Peter to pay Paulson angle, but not as descriptive, really. Can't wait to see the vid!

PeterSchiffVideos
01-08-2009, 01:53 PM
I've been trying to upload it for a few hours. I can't get YouTube to offer high def. I've tried 80mb .mov in normal size, 20mb .mpg in normal size, 30mb .mpg in hd widescreen. None of those worked. Now I'm uploading my 1 gig .dv

[edit] trying one more thing per the wikipedia stats. Changing bitrate to 2000 kps from the 600 I had. That is all I had off. We'll see if it works.

Deborah K
01-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Good luck with this!! I'm excited to see it.

ClayTrainor
01-08-2009, 03:19 PM
Be sure to make a new thread with a Digg when you release it ;)

PeterSchiffVideos
01-08-2009, 10:45 PM
I never even knew how to make a movie until now. This was my first one. Feel free to make a dig for it if you want. CFL is gonna put it on their site tomorrow I think.