PDA

View Full Version : Why Ron Paul is going to become President in 2008

dude58677
05-30-2007, 04:35 PM
1) He is the second coming of Thomas Jefferson.

2) He has Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert to bash all his opponents, while they invite him as a regular guest. This show is more popular then all the news stations combined.

3) Burt Rutan who built and flew the first commercial space craft will donate him a large chunk of cash making him a competitive candidate.

4) New Hampshire is the most libertarian State in America. Bode Miller(Olympic skiier) is a libertarian and will inspire the people of NH to vote for Ron Paul. Once he wins the primary, the MSM will have no choice but to cover him.

DjLoTi
05-30-2007, 04:40 PM
2) He has Jon Stewart and Steven Colbert to bash all his opponents, while they invite him as a regular guest. This show is more popular then all the news stations combined.

I don't know about that

ABC, NBC, and CBS viewers last week totaled 19,950,000
And that doesn't include FOX, CNN or C-SPAN

qednick
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Now that you mention Burt Rutan, it makes me think of Sir Richard Branson, a well known libertarian and Virgin founder (of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Records fame). I know he's a British citizen but it would be great to have such a well off and well known guy to back you up. Though I'm not sure if Branson really gets that involved in politics.

kylejack
05-30-2007, 04:43 PM
I don't know about that

ABC, NBC, and CBS viewers last week totaled 19,950,000
And that doesn't include FOX, CNN or C-SPAN

He was probably referring to just the cable news networks.

lbrtylvr
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
lol @ Bode Miller

ronpaulitician
05-30-2007, 05:01 PM
4) New Hampshire is the most libertarian State in America. Bode Miller(Olympic skiier) is a libertarian and will inspire the people of NH to vote for Ron Paul. Once he wins the primary, the MSM will have no choice but to cover him.
I think the Free State Project will do a lot more to help Dr. Paul's chances in NH than Bode Miller will.

dude58677
05-30-2007, 05:36 PM
"Now that you mention Burt Rutan, it makes me think of Sir Richard Branson, a well known libertarian and Virgin founder (of Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Records fame). I know he's a British citizen but it would be great to have such a well off and well known guy to back you up. Though I'm not sure if Branson really gets that involved in politics."

That is because no one has considered abolishing NASA. We need to get Virgin Galatic/Richard Branson to know about Ron Paul. He's most likely been to busy designing his spacecrafts with Burt Rutan to know who Ron Paul is.

dude58677
05-30-2007, 05:56 PM
"I think the Free State Project will do a lot more to help Dr. Paul's chances in NH than Bode Miller will."

Then we should get Bode Miller involved with the Free State Project.

Shmuel Spade
05-30-2007, 06:13 PM
Has Mr. Rutan exhibited any interest in Rep. Paul's campaign?

Brandybuck
05-30-2007, 06:47 PM
That's just wishful thinking. As the joke goes, the Republican have Fox News, and the Democrats have a comedy station. The demographics of the Comedy Channel is very narrow. If you're going after liberal males ages 16-32, it's perfect. But that's pretty much the only group you'll find there. IMHO.

dude58677
05-30-2007, 07:08 PM
"Has Mr.Rutan expressed any interest in Ron Paul's campaign"

I don't know but it is something worth pursuing and it looks promising. I suggest we all write to Scaled Composites and Vrigin Galatic. Ron Paul will grant their lifelong wish, ending NASA and the FAA and makng room for their space projects.

" Only Liberal males watch the Daily Show"

They are not dependent on social security, are not feminist, anti-war, and anti-drug war. They will switch when they see Ron Paul.

Daveforliberty
05-31-2007, 09:21 AM
In my opinion, one of the primary reasons Ron Paul will win is that he will have a large amount of support from a huge, previously untapped voter base.

I am 50 years old, and I am absolutely amazed at what I am seeing. Young people, Generation X and Generation Y, are coming out of the woodwork to support Ron Paul. Most of these young adults have never voted before. They don't pay attention to the MSM and don't participate in their polls.

If the MSM somehow finds them, and the first screening question a pollster asks is: "Are you a registered voter?" The answer is no and the interview is over. But by the 2008 primaries, the answer will be different.

These young adults have not felt government has ever been effective, has ever done anything constructive, and has been the source of many of the world's woes. They have stayed away from the polls in droves, creating the mistaken impression that they don't care. The real reason they stayed away from the polls is they felt the fix was in, that their votes didn't count and most importantly, couldn't find anyone in the pool of snake-oil salesmen they could stomach.

I know this because I have four X/Y children myself and they, along with many of their friends, have told me.

But now they have discovered Ron Paul. And they do use the internet. Just look at the vast majority of postings and YouTube videos about Ron Paul. Young people! I told my wife the other day, "I don't believe it. Young people are going to save this country."

Interestingly, my wife, also 50, has always felt the same way, and has never voted. But for the first time, she will vote for President. "She has discovered a candidate that gives her hope. Guess who?

I believe the following groups will help Ron Paul win. The MSM won't see it coming and will be staggered by it. The neo-cons and their MSM talking heads will go nuclear and try to smear, lie, cheat, steal and do anything they can to help their annointed ones, but the American people are finally wising up to the lies. But it won't work.

1) Generation X and Y young adults (like my kids) who have never voted

2) People, like myself, who have always called themselves "independent" and have never voted a party line, will register Republican and vote for Ron Paul.

3) Disgruntled Republicans -- and there are millions. All they are lacking is being introduced to Ron Paul and his incredibly logical (and liberating!) positions.

4) Disgruntled Democrats (in non-party line primaries and the general election)

5) Older people like my wife who have never voted

Of course, this will require a lot of work on our part. There is no coasting into this election. The stakes are too high and the enemies are real and deadlier than a Rudy Giuliani boogey-man. I have never before given money to a candidate or put a bumper sticker on my car. Now I have done both. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this good man elected.

beermotor
05-31-2007, 09:49 AM
That's just wishful thinking. As the joke goes, the Republican have Fox News, and the Democrats have a comedy station. The demographics of the Comedy Channel is very narrow. If you're going after liberal males ages 16-32, it's perfect. But that's pretty much the only group you'll find there. IMHO.

I don't think that's accurate at all. I know lots of people here in Atlanta who are bankers, etc - they all watch that show. I doubt it is because they identify themselves as "liberals."

ChristopherJ
05-31-2007, 10:26 AM
In my opinion, one of the primary reasons Ron Paul will win is that he will have a large amount of support from a huge, previously untapped voter base.

I am 50 years old, and I am absolutely amazed at what I am seeing. Young people, Generation X and Generation Y, are coming out of the woodwork to support Ron Paul. Most of these young adults have never voted before. They don't pay attention to the MSM and don't participate in their polls.

If the MSM somehow finds them, and the first screening question a pollster asks is: "Are you a registered voter?" The answer is no and the interview is over. But by the 2008 primaries, the answer will be different.

These young adults have not felt government has ever been effective, has ever done anything constructive, and has been the source of many of the world's woes. They have stayed away from the polls in droves, creating the mistaken impression that they don't care. The real reason they stayed away from the polls is they felt the fix was in, that their votes didn't count and most importantly, couldn't find anyone in the pool of snake-oil salesmen they could stomach.

I know this because I have four X/Y children myself and they, along with many of their friends, have told me.

But now they have discovered Ron Paul. And they do use the internet. Just look at the vast majority of postings and YouTube videos about Ron Paul. Young people! I told my wife the other day, "I don't believe it. Young people are going to save this country."

Interestingly, my wife, also 50, has always felt the same way, and has never voted. But for the first time, she will vote for President. "She has discovered a candidate that gives her hope. Guess who?

I believe the following groups will help Ron Paul win. The MSM won't see it coming and will be staggered by it. The neo-cons and their MSM talking heads will go nuclear and try to smear, lie, cheat, steal and do anything they can to help their annointed ones, but the American people are finally wising up to the lies. But it won't work.

1) Generation X and Y young adults (like my kids) who have never voted

2) People, like myself, who have always called themselves "independent" and have never voted a party line, will register Republican and vote for Ron Paul.

3) Disgruntled Republicans -- and there are millions. All they are lacking is being introduced to Ron Paul and his incredibly logical (and liberating!) positions.

4) Disgruntled Democrats (in non-party line primaries and the general election)

5) Older people like my wife who have never voted

Of course, this will require a lot of work on our part. There is no coasting into this election. The stakes are too high and the enemies are real and deadlier than a Rudy Giuliani boogey-man. I have never before given money to a candidate or put a bumper sticker on my car. Now I have done both. And I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get this good man elected.

Dave,

This was a great post - I enjoyed reading it.

BTW I am a Gen X'er who has never voted for a mainstream candidate. I always voted for the 3rd party guy who I knew wouldn't win as a form of protest. It would sure be nice to have someone I actually want to vote for.

I have also contributed money to the campaign and my bumper stickers are on the way (I hope) :)

mconder
05-31-2007, 10:46 AM
Contact this guys and ask that Burt Rutan to support Dr. Paul.

Info@DesertTurtle.com
Jim@DesertTurtle.com
Dag@DesertTurtle.com

(916) 801-7129

torchbearer
05-31-2007, 10:50 AM
Who is Rutan?

vertesc
05-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Wonderful post about Generation X/Y. I'm doing my part getting his message out to them.

We should be contacting every rich person we know about RP. If you believe in the free market, you'll believe in Ron Paul. Write to Rutan, but also write to Bill Gates, Larry Page and Sergei Brin (google), Jeff Bezos (Amazon)... and make SURE you write to Trey Parker and Matt Stone. They're both serious paleolibertarians, and have plenty of money and publicity access to lend the campaign.

Shmuel Spade
05-31-2007, 01:40 PM
Who is Rutan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burt_Rutan

Google is your friend, don't neglect him.