PDA

View Full Version : Gupta as Surgeon General?

kathy88
01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
CNN's finest....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/06/gupta.surgeon.general/index.html

yongrel
01-06-2009, 07:18 PM
I'd be interested to see some of his political work from when he was a consultant to the Clintons, since I can't find much else on the guy's positions.

But what a surprise: Obama appointing yet another Clintonite. Lovely, really. That's change you can hear jangle in your pocket.

kathy88
01-06-2009, 07:32 PM
I'd be interested to see some of his political work from when he was a consultant to the Clintons, since I can't find much else on the guy's positions.

But what a surprise: Obama appointing yet another Clintonite. Lovely, really. That's change you can hear jangle in your pocket.

Yongrel, probably a little payback to CNN for all the great press?

cheapseats
01-06-2009, 07:38 PM
Yongrel, probably a little payback to CNN for all the great press?

Wolf Blitzer as Press Secretary, Anderson Cooper as Special Investigator and Erica Hill as Cruise Director -- you gotta problem with that?

Sandra
01-06-2009, 07:59 PM
Sanjay Gupta was excused as the main CNN medical guy when he screwed up his "facts" when sparring with Micheal Moore on air. Why they used an MD for this gig is beyond me. Why not a financial analyst?

angelatc
01-06-2009, 08:16 PM
I laughed at first but after reading his resume I think he qualified to do the job. He is only lacking government experience, but he is a practicing physician and well equipped to distribute propaganda.

cheapseats
01-06-2009, 08:23 PM
He is only lacking government experience,

I'm thinking that's because SEPARATION OF PRESS AND STATE IS RIGHT UP THERE WITH SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE AS A SUPER GOOD IDEA.

but he is a practicing physician and well equipped to distribute propaganda.

Well yeah, okay, since you put it THAT way. ;)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Dr. Gupta is going to help get your mind right

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkI9csyCZhs&feature=related#t=5m35s

Matt Collins
01-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Why do I get the idea that he was selected to work at CNN mostly because of his skin color? :rolleyes:

HOLLYWOOD
01-06-2009, 10:45 PM
Wolf Blitzer as Press Secretary, Anderson Cooper as Special Investigator and Erica Hill as Cruise Director -- you gotta problem with that?

Wow, Germany 1930's all over again... thugs and mugs stick together.

CNN = All Bias, All Bull

sdczen
01-07-2009, 01:41 AM
CNN's finest....

http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/01/06/gupta.surgeon.general/index.html

What sound is made when Sanja Gupta hits Obama's Cabinet? .....Douche

libertarian4321
01-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Why do I get the idea that he was selected to work at CNN mostly because of his skin color? :rolleyes:

He's a well respected physician (neurosurgeon), author, and educator. He's young, articulate, and telegenic (he was named one of the "sexiest men alive" by People magazine).

I suspect those are the reasons CNN chose him.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
01-07-2009, 10:52 AM
I guess this is just more of the "celebrity" thing going on. Next its Chuck Norris director of homeland security? How about Jeff Gordon as the new Car Tzar?

Zippyjuan
01-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Surgeon General is mostly just a glamor post anyways. What can you name that any of the past few surgeon generals have done? Write the warnings on cigarette packs? C. Everett Koop is probably the only one that anybody can even name.

cheapseats
01-07-2009, 01:03 PM
Sanjay Gupta, not to be confused with Marcus Welby:

"Perhaps. But I'm here to tell you, as a doctor, that despite all the talk about the medical benefits of marijuana, smoking the stuff is not going to do your health any good. And if you get high before climbing behind the wheel of a car, you will be putting yourself and those around you in danger."

As a doctor, Sanjay Gupta better pipe up lickety split about Washington DC bars staying open extra hours, so that more people can celebrate the inauguration of the Great Non-White Hope by guzzling more BOOZE, or he stands accused of being a FRAUD and a PUPPET.

NOW is the time to gather information of smartly suited Sanjay Gupta of the carefully coiffed hair.

Where was he born? What do his parents do? From where are his degrees and -- recalling George Bush's accomplishments at Harvard & Yale, and Barack Obama's acceptance into prestigious Columbia University despite pedestrian grades throughout high school -- did he earn them fair and square?

Does he, like Obama and Biden, have any plagiarism to his non-credit?

What is the professional path that landed such a young (therefore inexperienced) but handsome (in the suddenly oh-so-commercial multicultural way) doctor in such a high-profile position?

Do Face Men, like Babes, sleep their way to the top?

Is Sanjay Gupta married, gay or bisexual?

Have any family members or interests of family members benefited from non-practicing Doctor Sanjay Gupta's high-profile job at the network that was MOST BLATANT in its support of Barack Obama?

Does he drink, ever?

Anyone interested in correcting the GLARING injustice of criminalized marijuana while alcoholism rages rampant will want to snap LOTS AND LOTS of photos of Officials Drinking Booze.

We ratchet things up, or we get more of the same.

CurtisLow
01-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Communist News Network

Gupta is a corporate prostitute to his core.

gaazn
01-07-2009, 04:34 PM
Gupta is a perfect fit for the massive propaganda machine that Obama is building.

Mesogen
01-07-2009, 06:19 PM
What is the professional path that landed such a young (therefore inexperienced) but handsome (in the suddenly oh-so-commercial multicultural way) doctor in such a high-profile position?

He's actually a freak of nature workaholic. I don't see how he does it.

libertarian4321
01-08-2009, 11:47 AM
As a doctor, Sanjay Gupta better pipe up lickety split about Washington DC bars staying open extra hours, so that more people can celebrate the inauguration of the Great Non-White Hope by guzzling more BOOZE, or he stands accused of being a FRAUD and a PUPPET.

NOW is the time to gather information of smartly suited Sanjay Gupta of the carefully coiffed hair.

Where was he born? What do his parents do? From where are his degrees and -- recalling George Bush's accomplishments at Harvard & Yale, and Barack Obama's acceptance into prestigious Columbia University despite pedestrian grades throughout high school -- did he earn them fair and square?

Does he, like Obama and Biden, have any plagiarism to his non-credit?

Do Face Men, like Babes, sleep their way to the top?

Is Sanjay Gupta married, gay or bisexual?

Have any family members or interests of family members benefited from non-practicing Doctor Sanjay Gupta's high-profile job at the network that was MOST BLATANT in its support of Barack Obama?

Does he drink, ever?

Anyone interested in correcting the GLARING injustice of criminalized marijuana while alcoholism rages rampant will want to snap LOTS AND LOTS of photos of Officials Drinking Booze.

We ratchet things up, or we get more of the same.

Did you really think anyone nominated for Surgeon General would advocate marijuana use? They tend to be pretty mainstream doctors.

BTW, just because he doesn't agree with us on that issue doesn't make him the anti-Christ.

Also, the answers to most of your questions are readily available- you can answer most of them with a quick trip to Wikipedia.