PDA

View Full Version : Chuck Baldwin on the John Birch Society

FrankRep
01-06-2009, 02:13 PM
Chuck Baldwin on the John Birch Society

January 6, 2009

SOURCE:
http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin482.htm

The opportunity I had to speak at the 50th Anniversary of the John Birch Society (http://www.jbs.org/) in Appleton, Wisconsin also makes my "best" list for 2008. John McManus and Art Thompson were gracious hosts and have become good friends. The Birch Society is one of the bright spots in America today. No organization has been more unduly criticized as the John Birch Society. And yet, their commitment to liberty and constitutional government has never waned. My hat is off to them.

The New American magazine (http://www.thenewamerican.com/) is still the finest news publication in America. Year in and year out, TNA is the best.

anaconda
01-06-2009, 02:23 PM
Birchers sound fine to me. When I used to be a lib we all laughed at them like they were a bunch of backward racist pigs or something...not quite sure...

But, unless I'm missing something here, they seem like just a bunch of RP type pro Constitutionalists that are very suspicious of globalist agendas. Sounds good to me...

What are the most sound criticisms of the Birchers? Didn't they incur some wrath from the left for being against the civil rights laws? Which is the same as the RP position. Not against respectful and equal treatment of others, just against divisive federal laws.

Baldwin would be perfect if he was a Buddhist.

dannno
01-06-2009, 02:39 PM
Baldwin would be perfect if he was a Buddhist.

:D

Truth Warrior
01-06-2009, 02:40 PM
My favorite part of Chuck's article:

The Council on Foreign Relations, international bankers, and other global elitists also make my "worst" list for 2008. When will the people of America awaken to the reality that our worst enemies are not "liberals" and "leftists," as much as they are the global elitists who control the Federal Reserve and other internationalist entities that are committed to dismantling America's independence and sovereignty?

BTW, the "new" First "Lady" is/was a local CFR Director. :p

Ron certainly makes "interesting" endorsement choices.<IMHO> ;)

angelatc
01-06-2009, 02:50 PM
Birchers sound fine to me. When I used to be a lib we all laughed at them like they were a bunch of backward racist pigs or something...not quite sure...

I know. Sometimes I find myself wondering if I am really awake now or it I have just moved from one part of the conspiracy to another. I was in a room of buys talking about the Birchers, and because I had always just "known" they were a racist lot I kept waiting for the taint to emerge. I wondered for a moment if I was really on the fringes of America's hate organizations.

I mean, I had already been sucked into so many lies over the course of my life that it was pretty simple to doubt my own judgment.

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=afficheN&cpsidt=2962064 - a history of the JBS. Not sure about the agenda of the site hosting it, though. The racism stuff is about halfway down.

humanic
01-06-2009, 03:14 PM
G. Edward Griffin on the John Birch Society and his role therein (http://www.freedom-force.org/freedomcontent.cfm?fuseaction=questionM06&refpage=membership)

This is a must-read.

"I can understand how mention of my association with The John Birch Society may cause some people to raise an eyebrow. The general impression among many is that the Society is an extremist organization made up of kooks, McCarthyites, and racists. So let me jump to the bottom line..."

FrankRep
01-06-2009, 09:01 PM
This whole thing about the John Birch Society being racist is completely untrue. Back in the 60s there were a few racists members, but they had their memberships cancelled and were kicked out of the society.

All this is just a smear campaign from the elites and like how Ron Paul was smeared as a racist. The JBS was smeared because they were effective at exposing the CFR, Federal Reserve, United Nations, and etc...

Just a smear campaign.

Original_Intent
01-06-2009, 09:14 PM
The Birchers had the poor judgement to be anti Communist and the left media was more than willing to smear them with anything and everything. Racism and McCarthyism seems to have stuck.

About twenty years ago I started researching them more out of morbid curiosity than anything, I thought they were akin to the KKK. The more I read the more I liked and I kept waiting for teh "other shoe" to drop and start finding out about the racism, etc.

Got involved with a local group of Birchers, always ready to split if their "true colors" started to show. Everything I ever saw was a bunch of people that loved the Constitution and were actively doing things on a weekly and daily basis to take REAL and meaningful action. After I had been in the Society for a few years I did meet one guy who was a racist, but he was pretty much made to feel unwelcome and he only came for a few weeks.

It was thru the JBS that I first even heard about Ron Paul and I have been subscribed to his Freedom Report for quite a few years. not sure exactly how long but I would say ten years at least.

FrankRep
01-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Pastor Chuck Baldwin says JBS one of his highlights for '08

Lee Gonzales | JBS
06 January 2009

He called his column the "Best and worst List" of 2008. The pastor and Constitution Party nominee recalls people that he met and organizations that he became more familiar with as he trekked the land on the political campaign trail as the nominee for the Constitution Party.

This is an excerpt from that article: "The opportunity I had to speak at the 50th Anniversary of the John Birch Society in Appleton, Wisconsin also makes my "best" list for 2008. John McManus and Art Thompson were gracious hosts and have become good friends.

"The Birch Society is one of the bright spots in America today. No organization has been more unduly criticized as the John Birch Society. And yet, their commitment to liberty and constitutional government has never waned. My hat is off to them.

"The New American magazine is still the finest news publication in America.

Year in and year out, TNA is the best."

We members should be proud that this fine pastor has given us such high praise. I think it speaks well of the character of the management and leadership of The John Birch Society and of the patriotic members out in the field, that he felt moved to say these fine and kind words about us.

Thank you pastor Baldwin. We appreciate what you have done for the cause of freedom in America and for giving our organization a boost with your words. It means a great deal to me and my family.

SOURCE:
http://www.jbs.org/index.php/component/content/article/974-userblogs/4332