PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone hear anything recently about John Travolta?

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-06-2009, 10:53 AM
nt

Truth Warrior
01-06-2009, 10:57 AM
His son died.

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-06-2009, 12:09 PM
nt

Truth Warrior
01-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Merovingian: The question is, do you know why you are here? The Keymaker? :D

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/Striketheroot.gif

acptulsa
01-06-2009, 12:59 PM
They sell it all well, but there's this tone that seems to run through it--a recurring theme. And this seems to sum it up:

"In the 110th Congress alone, the Republican Minority offered 50 “promptly” motions to recommit to send a bill back to committee, almost all of which were clearly designed to kill legislation. Yet during the 12 years of Republican control of the House, Democrats offered “promptly” motions only 36 times over the course of more than a decade, using the motions to propose legitimate amendments that would otherwise violate House Rules."

So, are there any other benefits to this package other than the fact that it will piss the minority off? Because that seems to be its primary selling point...

angelatc
01-06-2009, 01:00 PM
did you hear anything about the new congressional rules package?

http://www.c-span.org/pdf/Rules_010509a.pdf

you know what my position is... we need to be on tv...

I heard about it. It was posted here among other places. (Not the Travolta death, the Pelosi thing.)

angelatc
01-06-2009, 01:03 PM
... using the motions to propose legitimate amendments that would otherwise violate House Rules."

What does that mean?

acptulsa
01-06-2009, 01:36 PM
What does that mean?

Presumably it means that there was no other procedure for introducing amendments to the bills. There's no way, though, that it was the only way. So, I assume that means that there are stages of the process where amendments aren't allowed except by this method.

But they sure come close to saying that this method is for amendments that are otherwise unworthy of the House of Represenatives, don't they? Don't you just love the way they keep us ignorant of what they're doing by paying hundreds of suited chimps to type reams of mumbo jumbo and hiding the real goal deep in the middle?

Live_Free_Or_Die
01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
nt

cheapseats
01-06-2009, 02:33 PM
Oh, yes. It is true. The Keymaker. Of course. But this is not a reason. This is not a "why". The Keymaker himself - his very nature is a means. It is not an end. And so to look for him is to be looking for a means to do... what?

In the same way that The Keymaker is a Means and not a Why, it is my understanding that The Keymaker does not seek his own ends -- rather, theoretically devoid of Free Will, The Keymaker "merely" gains access FOR another, to ANOTHER'S purpose.

In a different paradigm, say Trade, one might think of the Keymaker as a Middle Man.

Or a Bottleneck.