PDA

View Full Version : DIGG: Ron Paul finally gets his dues (Wall Street Journal re: RNC)

emazur
01-05-2009, 09:06 PM
http://digg.com/politics/Ron_PaulnFinallynGets_His_Due#

Maverick
01-05-2009, 09:19 PM
So how many of the following people are lying through their teeth now because they realize all too late that they needed our support? My guess is all of them.

Any archivists here wanna check these names to see what they said about us before it came to this point where they're trying to be buddy-buddy now?

Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele
South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Katon Dawson
Michigan Republican Party Chairman Saul Anuzis
Former Mike Huckabee campaign manager Chip Saltsman
Incumbent RNC Chairman Mike Duncan

In particular, there's this quote from Mike Duncan:

The key, Duncan said, was respect. “I personally have treated leaders of his campaign with respect, I’ve met with them. I personally treated his foot soldiers with respect whether it was at our convention in Kentucky or whether it was the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis, St. Paul,” he said.

Treated Paul supporters with respect? Really? Somehow I doubt that very much, especially in St. Paul.

Knightskye
01-06-2009, 05:37 AM
Dr. Paul got no respect in St. Paul.

He should have been allowed to make a speech, at least.

He'll be at CPAC in late February, right?

nodope0695
01-06-2009, 05:53 AM
“Ron Paul certainly brought a whole new generation of voters and I think it’s important going forward that we recognize the strengths and the attributes of these individuals who are out there actively building the party and building a movement, a consensus if you will, on certain issues. We can’t look that in the eye and say ‘No, we don’t want that,’” said former Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele, adding that the RNC needs to find “creative ways” to work with candidates supported by Paul and his followers, and to work with Paul directly to that end.

“I think, at this stage at this party, everyone who can help us should be brought into the room to help us,” Steele said.

Michael Steele is the man! I've heard him talk more than once, and I believe he's a the best hope for the RNC. He knows, as many in the party are coming to believe, that one of the reasons we lost is because of the youth vote. Obama's campaign drew huge numbers of young, first time voters - just as Ron Paul did. The trouble is, the dead wood of the RNC first ignored, then attacked the gold mine RP had tapped, the MSM marginalized it, and the Paul campaign squandered it. Many mistakes have been made, and perhaps the party will learn from them.

At best, Ron Paul helped bring many issues ignored or forgotten by republicans back to the collective conscience of the RNC.

Well, Steele is one man who believes in restoring the RNC to it's core values, and hence restoring its image. Bush and friends have left a huge gash, neocons took the reins, and destroyed all the RNC's credibilty. It will take time and effort for the scars to fade. People like Michael Steele restore hope in me that the sinking ship of the GOP/RNC my yet be salvagable.

Eric21ND
01-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Michael Steele is the man! I've heard him talk more than once, and I believe he's a the best hope for the RNC. He knows, as many in the party are coming to believe, that one of the reasons we lost is because of the youth vote. Obama's campaign drew huge numbers of young, first time voters - just as Ron Paul did. The trouble is, the dead wood of the RNC first ignored, then attacked the gold mine RP had tapped, the MSM marginalized it, and the Paul campaign squandered it. Many mistakes have been made, and perhaps the party will learn from them.

Well, Steele is on man who believes in restoring the RNC to it's core values, and hence restoring its image. Bush and friends have left a huge gash, and it will take time and effort for the scar to fade. People like Michael Steele restore hope in me that the sinking ship of the GOP/RNC my yet be salvagable.

Steele is a douchebag and a moron. Have you ever seen the guy on Bill Maher's show talking up Sarah Palin? It was revolting.

nodope0695
01-06-2009, 06:15 AM
Steele is a douchebag and a moron. Have you ever seen the guy on Bill Maher's show talking up Sarah Palin? It was revolting.

Naw, I missed that. I heard a great interview he did on the Laura Ingram Show a couple of months ago. Everything I've heard from him seems genuine...but I'll do some more research before I make a wholesale endorsement (like one from me means anything:D).

I kinda like Sarah Palin now....she grew on me. That thing with the turkeys was awesome.

Spirit of '76
01-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Dr. Paul got no respect in St. Paul.

He should have been allowed to make a speech, at least.

He'll be at CPAC in late February, right?

Remember Steele saying Ron was "done" after the first Fox Debate?

lol

I haven't seen the debate yet, but based on that article, the only one who didn't give a greasy political answer to the token Ron Paul question was Blackwell.

Spirit of '76
01-06-2009, 09:32 AM
Any archivists here wanna check these names to see what they said about us before it came to this point where they're trying to be buddy-buddy now?

Maryland Lt. Gov. Michael Steele
South Carolina Republican Party Chairman Katon Dawson
Michigan Republican Party Chairman Saul Anuzis
Former Mike Huckabee campaign manager Chip Saltsman
Incumbent RNC Chairman Mike Duncan

At the very beginning, Anuzis tried to have Dr. Paul excluded from the debates. The people bogged down his phone lines and clogged up his email inbox until he relented. As I recall, Mike Duncan had to make a special trip to Michigan just to calm things down.

...Mike Duncan:

Treated Paul supporters with respect? Really? Somehow I doubt that very much, especially in St. Paul.

Most people there treated us with respect. The RNC under Mike Duncan most certainly did not treat us with any kind of respect.

Spirit of '76
01-06-2009, 09:37 AM
As for Dawson... I doubt they'll let that happen. The last thing the party elders want is left-wing pundits prattling on about how the RNC Chairman belonged to a whites-only country club.

RevolutionSD
01-06-2009, 09:55 AM
I loved this RP quote:
“It’s not the fault of the individuals at the [Securites and Exchange Commission]. They have an impossible job and they have to pretend they’re doing something to feel relevant, the same way we do here, in the Congress. We have to feel relevant in this,” Paul said, “Instead of saying what we need is the market to work, we need to get rid of the bad policies, the monetary system, and this mountains of debt. We say, well, we’re relevant because we’re going to hire more bureaucrats and we’re going to appropriate more money that we don’t have and we’re going to solve all our problems.”

He's basically saying that congress and the government are irrelevant. If everyone in congress agreed with Ron Paul, there would no longer be a need for congress!

SWATH
01-06-2009, 10:04 AM
Steele is very anti-2nd amendment.

Badger Paul
01-06-2009, 10:11 AM
This was a good post on the WSJ's website:

Notice that all the candidates were basically quoted as saying that they disagree with Ron Paul. I don’t think I can call this respect for Ron Paul, so I’m not sure why the author here confuses acknowledgment for praise. It probably has to do with the utter disrespect for Paul by these same people witnessed earlier in the year. In relative terms, their appreciation for Paul has increased considerably. Unfortunately, they still disagree with his basic message, that individuals in this country should be free to live their lives without constant gov’t interference. And apparently, this is the message they fail to agree with. They talk about embracing this, but at the core, they believe in interventionist gov’t and have no faith in the ability of individuals to prosper when left to themselves.

Comment by Alan Lockett - January 5, 2009 at 7:14 pm

Spirit of '76
01-06-2009, 10:19 AM
Steele is very anti-2nd amendment.

When Steele was speaking in St. Paul, I was actively unenthusiastic. He was going on with his "Drill Here, Drill Now" tirade, and people were eating it up.

At the dramatic eruption of one particular "Drill Here, Drill Now", the crowd jump to its feet. Now, I'm all for increased production of domestic fossil fuels, but I tend not to get too worked up about it. So, I just sat on my hands.

Apparently, that was too much for this old fella seated behind me (an elderly Giuliani supporter), as he suddenly swatted me with his hat and queried, "What's the matter, boy? You hate drillin' too?"

A truly priceless moment...

fr33domfightr
01-06-2009, 10:25 AM
Naw, I missed that. I heard a great interview he did on the Laura Ingram Show a couple of months ago. Everything I've heard from him seems genuine...but I'll do some more research before I make a wholesale endorsement (like one from me means anything:D).

I kinda like Sarah Palin now....she grew on me. That thing with the turkeys was awesome.

Not to get off topic, but regarding Sarah Palin and the Turkeys: Do you believe that interview while they bled the turkeys in the background was intentional?

I'm not really sure what she was thinking, so I'm asking what you believe.

FF

rich34
01-06-2009, 11:09 AM

lol

I haven't seen the debate yet, but based on that article, the only one who didn't give a greasy political answer to the token Ron Paul question was Blackwell.

Word! I remember him saying that exactly! "Ron Paul after tonight is done."

Michael Steele is a neocon!

anaconda
01-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Unless we change Congress they will mutiny against any freedom/peace president. If the Revolution caught fire and RP was being sworn in next month the Congress would make it's own legislation and overturn every veto RP signed off on. The RNC must surely be beholden to the military-industrial complex.

angelatc
01-06-2009, 01:32 PM
So how many of the following people are lying through their teeth now because they realize all too late that they needed our support?

These people are more interested in winning that being right. We're more interested in being right than we are in winning. We apparently need each other.

As long as they are beginning to realize that they need our support we should be rejoicing. We don't agree with them on everything. They don't agree with us. Heck, I don't agree with Ron Paul on everything.

mediahasyou
01-06-2009, 03:42 PM
dugg yesterday.

tonesforjonesbones
01-06-2009, 03:46 PM
..nobody's going to agree with everything. Reagan said 'Whoever agree's with 80% is my friend". I would say that the Ron Paulers and the Non Paulers on rebuild the party are in 80% agreement...some of them just foam at the mouth when Ron Paul's name is mentioned. I think they need medication it's so stupid. One guy posts this huge blog honoring Barry Goldwater and turns around and calls Ron Paul a kook. Stupid people bug me. tones

Knightskye
01-07-2009, 02:09 AM

lol

Yeah, seriously. :D

They're just paying lip service.

If I were voting for RNC chairman, I still wouldn't know who to vote for. I just know it wouldn't be Duncan.