PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Freeway Blog (read to find out more)

lavender1122
01-05-2009, 06:38 PM
What if a bunch of freedom supporters, on certain dates, all freeway blogged with slogans about peace, freedom, (or Ron Paul)? (For those of you who don't know what freeway blogging is, it is putting up signs on the freeway or other areas of high traffic to get a message out; it's not vandalism, it's freedom of speech) We could pick a few dates, make some youtube videos explaining it, and all go crazy posting signs on the chosen days.

What do you think?

Our first date could be inauguration day, January 20th if we can get this together by then.

Some other possible dates:
February 1: National Freedom Day
February 16: Presidents Day
May 25: Memorial Day
June 14: Flag Day
July 4: Independence Day
September 7: Labor Day
September 11: anniversary of 9/11
October 12: Columbus Day
November 11: Veterans' Day

Would you participate? And do you have any slogan suggestions?

TastyWheat
01-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Not only would I do it... yes, I'd do it.

lavender1122
01-05-2009, 10:56 PM
Do you have any slogan suggestions?

Or ideas about how we can publicize this event?

Flirple
01-06-2009, 02:45 AM
Yes I'm al about this. But it must be done smartly.

Which means simple and very large banners. So much time, effort and woman hours have been wasted by us in the past with lots of small signs that go unread.

Take a simple white bed sheet and cut it in half lengthwise to make 2 banners. Then take a 2 inch paint roller with black paint and write a concise slogan in big simple letters (at least 2 feet tall) so it can be read from a distance with a quick glance. Then roll each end of the banner around poles (tent poles, broom stick, etc) so that when you pull it tight against your partner it is evenly taut throughout the whole banner. Then find a bridge over heavy traffic with a chain link fence so that there is no chance of you dropping anything onto the road below. Then hold it against that fence (from behind) as long as you can. You can even organize it so that teams can take turns relieving each other throughout the day.

Don't affix it to the fence though. In most states that is illegal. You have to physically hold it.

There really is no reason to have a bunch of others hanging around the big banner with little hand-held signs or anything. Total waste. They could be on a different bridge with another large banner. People in cars don't want to read your sign and make little to no effort to read it. That is why you must use huge black letters on white background so that they can't ignore it even from a quarter mile away. Don't get fancy with colors or decorations.

Trust me, two people alone holding a big banner with 25" simple black letters (not too many syllables, keep it short) can do the work of an entire meetup group with together holding various smaller banners, signs, and flags. It takes very little time and money to make a banner like I described. Make up 10 of them and pair off everyone in your group and each pair can work their own bridge optimizing "impressions".

Slogan's I like are:
"Ron Paul Was Right!"
"End the Fed"

lavender1122
01-06-2009, 08:59 PM
If someone has the time to stand with a sign, otherwise you should be able to put up signs on poles just like lost dog signs, but bigger if the fences are illegal.