PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

entropy
01-05-2009, 04:40 PM
http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=30143

Scary in a totalitarian kind of way.

Anti Federalist
01-05-2009, 04:50 PM
One flock of crooks and scumbags rigging the system for their guys, after the other crooks and scumbags leave.

entropy
01-05-2009, 04:55 PM
Hard to argue that, still don't like it....... not because of the repugs gettin screwed, just that there is no opposition to the new screwballs in charge.

cheapseats
01-05-2009, 04:57 PM
One flock of crooks and scumbags rigging the system for their guys, after the other crooks and scumbags leave.

The Edie Amin Syndrome.

The national and international variety pack of preferences/prejudices, beliefs/opinions, parties/politics, races/religions has bona fide differences, and lots of them. Good. Who would want to run into the exact same stores/systems/policies everywhere they go? Total homogeneity endlessly churning out record profits, like so many robots and robotics -- count me out.

That said, Human Nature does not vary so much as holders of opposing views find it intellectually and emotionally convenient to presume.

cheapseats
01-05-2009, 05:01 PM
...there is no opposition to the new screwballs in charge.

l

WE THE PEOPLE R THE OPPOSITION
THAT WE HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR

cheapseats
01-05-2009, 05:07 PM

IT IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Either we have had enough, or we haven't.

I have had enough.

entropy
01-05-2009, 05:31 PM
Cheapseats,

I have as well, but when you try telling people they have no clue and do not take the time to LEARN. I spoke to many people in many venues back in 2007 and the responses scared me, people want a nanny state, they really do ( I must admit I do take comfort in telling them " I told you so" when it comes to the economy). They think libertarian rule is mean and cruel(it can be and emotions run strong).

We do indeed live in very, very, very interesting times today. Some would say scary.