09-11-2007, 04:02 PM
watching now

LINK!!!!!

JAHOGS
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
how long do I have?

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Was it in the lead in as in "and we'll discuss Ron Paul" or just an off to the side mention of his name as anti-war?

(I hate Nancy Pelosi that &^%& *&^*()*)*)

jpa
09-11-2007, 04:08 PM
OBL then Ron Paul... probably another 5-10 minutes

njandrewg
"the republican candidate who does not fit the mold"

BLS
They called him the 'Republican Sparkplug'.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 04:09 PM
"the republican candidate who does not fit the mold"

lol funny how he doesn't even mention his name

ghemminger

PLUG this BRIT HUME!!

Brasil Branco
This has hit piece all over it...

God, I don't think you realise how much of this Iran thing is fabricated- it's so fabricated that the only news station in the world spouting crap about Iran is Fox.

The rest of the world is just going to turn its heads and say "W-T-F?"

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 04:10 PM
I hat not being able to tune tun in at work damn work!

Cowlesy
09-11-2007, 04:11 PM
It'll be a total hit piece.

The good news is, who the heck watches Brit Hume's Special Report?

Brasil Branco
09-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Anyone recording this?

Givemelibertyor.....

I don't even know what channel it's on.

Can someone help me? :p

JosephTheLibertarian
I don't even know what channel it's on.

Can someone help me? :p

fox news channel

ghemminger
faUX neWS hiT PEICE comming up!!!

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Oh great, now they're quoting the neocon, Kagan, from Kristol's Weekly Standard. I call BS.

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 04:14 PM
lol, Ron must have the neoidgits freaking out real bad if they're going to do yet another hit piece on him.

It's good though - shows how strong we're getting.

:D

Brasil Branco
Oh great, now they're quoting the neocon, Kagan, from the Kristol's Weekly Standard. I call BS.

Seriously, why does the United States not boycott this channel? You could write a book each day debunking the crap they spout out and singling out it's tactics. When you sacrifice news for entertainment, you lose both.

ghemminger
I'll post a radio interview on my talk show tommorrow with Brit and Wallace and you see what jerkoffs these guys really are - they really let their hair down in this radio interview - and gloat about the rating and how they got RP and Huck to go after eachother.

Givemelibertyor.....
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
fox news channel

Thanks.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 04:15 PM
Seriously, why does the United States not boycott this channel?

Because a lot of Republicans have been brainwashed to believe that this is the conservative news channel. All the other channels, in their minds, are "liberal". They can see that FOX is somewhat different and they throw out a few conservative platitudes and lead people down the path.

misconstrued
09-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I hat not being able to tune tun in at work damn work!

I use TVUPlayer to watch Fox News on the Internet. Works perfectly. Watching Fox New now. No TV needed ;)

http://www.tvunetworks.com/

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
they're going to do this 9/11 neo con blah and then paint Ron Paul as the devil

d'anconia
09-11-2007, 04:18 PM
Has it been on yet? If not then I can record...

Give me liberty
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM

I know who the sean hannity supporters and the neo cons thats who:rolleyes:

They love fox news so much..

American
09-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Seriously, why does the United States not boycott this channel? You could write a book each day debunking the crap they spout out and singling out it's tactics. When you sacrifice news for entertainment, you lose both.

No one seems to get that, remember the market decides whats successful and whats not. I have removed everything FOX including sports from my schedule. I also stay away from there advertisers, if I can.

If we could organize something for people to just stop spending for a day, we will be heard. Everytime you buy something in MAO-MART you are supporting there cause.

amonasro
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
They're talking about Hillary's fundraising debacle with Shu. She's giving the money back, get over it already!

Lois
09-11-2007, 04:23 PM
I got the TVU download and have it on Fox News -- is that it?

amonasro
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Ok he's on.

1000-points-of-fright
09-11-2007, 04:24 PM
I have removed everything FOX including sports from my schedule. I also stay away from there advertisers, if I can.

Even The Simpsons? Blasphemy!

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Okay, not worried too much yet....

Ridiculous
TOTAL hit piece.

ctb619
TOTAL hit piece.

elaborate please

RonPaulCult
09-11-2007, 04:27 PM
Not a hit piece. I was ok with it

njandrewg
wow that was suprsingly unbiased

DeadheadForPaul
nooooooo...i missed it by like 1 min

amonasro
Not too bad at all. They gave a short history of his "rise" and included many videos and clips from debates. For FOX, they did well. RATINGS ;)

MsDoodahs
They fucked up last night with that ORield crap, this is an attempt to make nice.

Who important did they infuriate?

Somebody forced them to do that piece.

Daveforliberty
09-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Reasonably fair for Faux News, although they did edit the debate footage to eliminate his best points.

amonasro
This is great exposure. MUCH better than the O'Really hit piece.

Bison
Thanks for all the panic, But that was a very good piece.

More free publicity from FoxNews.

RonPaulCult
They showed the Rudy clip without showing his response but I thought it was a pretty positive piece

Brasil Branco
God, considering this was FOX news- we couldn't have asked for better coverage.

speciallyblend
THIS CAN ONLY HELP RON PAUL,keep spreading the message of RON PAUL 2008

Kinda of funny though,it seems the republican party is clueless still ,that they will not win the election unless they nominate Ron Paul,keep talking educate and remind republican voters its Ron Paul or the gop is dead in the water,if they dont get,then we can remind them as they lose elections

dwdollar
It wasn't a total hit piece. I'm surprisely not pissed. Not happy, but not pissed.

AcidReign
Wow. Way better than I thought it would be, only negative was the Texas straw where he "only" got 3rd.

Ron Paul Fan
09-11-2007, 04:29 PM
TOTAL hit piece.

Not at all. There was some positive and some negative as usual. And the negative was just his numbers in the polls. They described his rise in campaign donations and supporters after the S.C. debate and that he doesn't toe the company line. Not a bad piece at all.

ButchHowdy
Looked like an excellent piece to me! Any news is good news right now.

Yes!!!

RonPaulCult
It's pretty fun watching tv with you guys

Ridiculous
They edited both the Giuliani and the Huckabee debate clips against him, cutting Paul off before they played his response, making it look positive for both Giuliani and Huckabee. For example they cut off the the Giuliani exhange with the crowd applauding for Rudy.

Karsten
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM
Well it was night and day compared to the Bill O Reilly segment yesterday

Thor
09-11-2007, 04:30 PM

I think that is a GREAT compliment. Fire things up, ignite peoples feelings. Awesome!

American
09-11-2007, 04:31 PM
Even The Simpsons? Blasphemy!

Yeah even the Simpsons....I cant do it. I know what me watching that channel means, a statistic for advertising dollars.

It was football that hurt the most though......:(

I didnt think it was a nit piece, it was framed the way they always do but its was for the most part correct.

Spike Kojima
Looked like an excellent piece to me! Any news is good news right now.

Yes!!!

Lets not go that far, the clips from the debates were not very flatering of Dr. Paul

MsDoodahs
It's pretty fun watching tv with you guys

lol, yeah. I'd offer y'all some jambalaya if you were here IRL. :)

Kuldebar
That was a little tepid...kind of like condemning with faint praise.

But, for Fox...that was "fair and balanced".

Ridiculous
I don't know how you can say it is positive other than exposure. It was totally written and edited against Paul...

chiefsmurph
09-11-2007, 04:32 PM
God I hate fox. I noticed the cutting off of RP's arguments too. I guess any press is good press at this stage in the game.

njandrewg
09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
They probably realized that if their golden boy O'Reilly couldn't faze him then they better call off the dogs before they make their station look completely foolish

Givemelibertyor.....
09-11-2007, 04:33 PM
I think they portrayed him as a novelty act. They're trying to create the impression that he's a one issue candidate.

Fox News at its most passive aggressive.

American
09-11-2007, 04:34 PM
I don't know how you can say it is positive other than exposure. It was totally written and edited against Paul...

I have moved away from the Republican voters last month, they either get it or the dont. Democrats is where I focus my energy on.

I use these so called "hit pieces" to my advantage...and its been working !!!!........;)

Mitt Romneys sideburns
When he gets the nomination, a lot of people are going to look stupid.

d'anconia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZXGSF0yhtw

ghemminger
I use TVUPlayer to watch Fox News on the Internet. Works perfectly. Watching Fox New now. No TV needed ;)

I think my work has a firewall up or something can't use it at work

Copperhed51
09-11-2007, 04:35 PM
I thought it went pretty well other than the mentioning of the Texas Straw Poll to end the segment. Oh well, they are feeling the need to report on him without calling him some crazy old man so that's a good thing.

Severius
09-11-2007, 04:37 PM
The edited clips were ridiculous but the tone wasn't as bad as I expected. They really didn't say much though, just that his poll results but his web presence is big. They also said "he won a highly unscientific text messaging poll". I thought the "highly unscientific" part was just aimed at discrediting his good showing. They also mentioned his Maryland Straw Poll win, and didn't say anything negative about it. Overall I thought it was good, and it definitely gave him good exposure!

ghemminger

Thanks - your the bomb d'anconia - congrats on tagging the you tube vid it's zooming up the charts:D

LibertyEagle
God I hate fox. I noticed the cutting off of RP's arguments too. I guess any press is good press at this stage in the game.

Yeah, they keep cutting off when he goes into how many of our soldiers have died and asks tweedle-dum how many more he wants to sacrifice to save face.

LibertyEagle
09-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Why'd you title it Brit Hume Tries to Smear Paul? It wasn't a bad piece at all. If they were trying to smear Paul, they could have done much more. It was good coverage.

RonPaulCult
09-11-2007, 04:40 PM
I just watched it back again. It wasn't 100% positive but their job isn't to be a campaign advertisement. I liked the piece. All of us just weeks ago were pissed that RP wasn't getting any coverage. We were outraged that the "top tier" guys got ALL of the press. Now the media attention is very high. This is a GREAT sign.

Next they might start calling on him during the debates. Ron Paul is moving up (we all knew it would happen).

Be happy about this one guys!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Watch, I bet a news story is going to come out:

"Paul only delivered 3998 babies. Biggest cover up in US presidential history"

davidhperry
09-11-2007, 04:42 PM
I don't get why people are saying this is a hit piece - what would you expect? Are you thinking that a MSM outlet would gush over ANY candidate for 3 minutes? There were several positive elements in there. Most importantly, it shows that the campaign has momentum. I defiantly think it will pique the interest of folks and that's all we can ask for right now.

Starks
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow... I almost want to send to a thank you e-mail to FOX News... ALMOST.

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Just saw it and 1 million others did to at least - Get ready for the RP STEAM TRAIN _ WHOOOOO

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 04:44 PM
will the neo con round table talk about him you think?

davidhperry
09-11-2007, 04:46 PM
will the neo con round table talk about him you think

In the next day or two, we should start contacting the Sunday morning talk shows so that they can have him on.

Tuck
09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I thought it was good coverage, most people already know if they are for or against the war. The only thing thats a toss up is who to vote for, the more they attack him and the more exposure they give him the better. Theres really not much they can attack RP on, he isn't a flip flopper, he didn't try to pass an amnesty bill, he's not a former life long democrat, he's pro life, pro guns, pro freedom, and pro small government.

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Right wing central command must have Dr. Paul on the radar today. Some talk show hosts were including him in their 9/11 rants.

Fox? They're concerned. What if they lose the base? Their entire news network is built on neocon sheeple watching 24/7. What if they wake up?

MsDoodahs
09-11-2007, 04:48 PM
will the neo con round table talk about him you think?

Dunno, maybe.

I still think someone was pissed off after the hit job BO did and they're trying to make up for it.

I hate FauxNuze

Ridiculous
09-11-2007, 04:49 PM
They made it look like he got owned by Huckabee and Romney. If it was all a decent peice on him they would have played his response for a few seconds.

If I had never heard of Paul before and saw this piece I would think he is a one issue candidate and think that Giuliani and Huckabee shut him down in the debates. It wouldn't have really made me want to "google ron paul" or anything.

All it did was get his name out there.

max
09-11-2007, 04:50 PM
there needs to be more talk about RP's plans to get rid of IRS, balance the budget, derail north american union etc.....

msm is pegging him as the antiwar candidate but there is also so much more to him than that

Qiu
09-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Terrible journalism. Why did they not play Paul's rebuttals? When you're doing a story on one particular candidate, why let the other guy in the debate get the last word? There's no explanation aside from trying to make Paul look stupid.

How can they say he only has 1500 volunteers when there's a link on Paul's campaign site to meetup.com with over 40,000 volunteers? Am I really to believe that FOX visited the campaign site but just didn't see the link?

And how about that Rudy v. Ron coverage? All they said was that Paul's supporters wouldn't give up. An absolutely negligent, at best, summary of the situation given Michael Scheuer's vindication of Paul and the 9/11 Commission Report which supports Ron's argument.

Ridiculous
09-11-2007, 04:54 PM
One of the Neocon talking heads just listed Paul's points and then made an argument against them, without mentioning Paul. "There is all this talk that... (begin Paul's points)...

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 04:54 PM
You guys just don't get it!!! I hate Faux News - But good ol' Brit took time to do this show, assign staff to put together footage, edit it, have meetings on it.....this is cool - 1 million+ viewers - don't you guys see - that with just 10-20 of this type of MSM coverage - we have made SERIOUS DENT - into Main Stream America

A few more MSM hit peices and we are off to the races - HOLD ON TO YOUR HATS!!!

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 05:00 PM
They're worried.

Look guys, Fox is the propaganda arm of the neocon regime. I wouldn't expect too much other than more of the same. They'll keep pumping the neocon candidates until the last vote is stolen or Dr. Paul wins.

One of the Neocon talking heads just listed Paul's points and then made an argument against them, without mentioning Paul. "There is all this talk that... (begin Paul's points)...

ChooseLiberty
09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
BTW - did someone capture the video?

jpa
09-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Folks, its COVERAGE. Be glad we are getting coverage at this point, getting his name recognition up. Thats all the polls are at this point is name recognition.

They put the clip from Texas of him holding up the constitution.

Getting his name out there to the other anti-war republicans/independants who haven't heard of him is GOOD NEWS.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 05:02 PM
It wasn't a hit piece.... I'd say it was a mixture

Perry
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
The timing/edits from the debates they showed was poor. Other than that a great piece.

speciallyblend
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
I thought it went pretty well other than the mentioning of the Texas Straw Poll to end the segment. Oh well, they are feeling the need to report on him without calling him some crazy old man so that's a good thing.

i think it was great they mentioned 3rd place finish,everyone knows texas is the neocon bush/cheney land the fact he got 3rd was GREAT,im glad they mentioned

dmitchell
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
This piece was - dare I say it - fair and balanced. Great coverage, I would welcome a piece like this any day of the week. They did not make any false claims or misquote him. It was not a hit piece, but if you all keep complaining to the media about every single story they run, they will simply stop running stories.

Ridiculous
09-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Unless he gets the coverage that Romney or Giuliani are getting in the next two months, it is pretty much all over...

If you look up say Giuliani and Romney in Google news there are exponentially more stories written about him in the MSM. If you do the same with Paul it is only a couple MSM stories a day, and even less than that if you take out FMN.

The only cable news channel to do spots with/on him, Fox, is painting him in a negative light and not really allowing him to get his message out.

Grassroots efforts can only go so far if the media does not allow him to get his message out.

He is getting a little more coverage now, but not a whole lot more.

I know I will probably be blasted for being negative, but I am just being realistic.

ghemminger
09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Unless he gets the coverage that Romney or Giuliani are getting in the next two months, it is pretty much all over...

If you look up say Giuliani and Romney in Google news there are exponentially more stories written about him in the MSM. If you do the same with Paul it is only a couple MSM stories a day, and even less than that if you take out FMN.

The only cable news channel to do spots with/on him, Fox, is painting him in a negative light and not really allowing him to get his message out.

Grassroots efforts can only go so far if the media does not allow him to get his message out.

He is getting a little more coverage now, but not a whole lot more.

I know I will probably be blasted for being negative, but I am just being realistic.

BOOM!!! BOOOM!!! Consider yourself blasted!:D

adpierce
09-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Right wing central command must have Dr. Paul on the radar today. Some talk show hosts were including him in their 9/11 rants.

Fox? They're concerned. What if they lose the base? Their entire news network is built on neocon sheeple watching 24/7. What if they wake up?

If you can't beat them join em, after all fox news is primarily a business. Murdoch owns it and the financial mogul inside him won't allow a subsidiary as big as Fox News to start to decline in ratings or income.

V4Vendetta
09-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Great segment. Although when they mentioned the Texas Straw poll, they didn't say how restrictive it was, and that only previous delegates could vote in the straw poll. AND that it was the first straw poll texas ever had.

paulaholic
09-11-2007, 05:21 PM
Good piece. It wasn't perfect, and there were some subtle jabs, but I liked how they mentioned his personal background and how he is a refreshing alternative to the others.

SWATH
09-11-2007, 05:22 PM

I think they meant to say buttplug:D

Bison
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM
there needs to be more talk about RP's plans to get rid of IRS, balance the budget, derail north american union etc.....

msm is pegging him as the antiwar candidate but there is also so much more to him than that

Exactly. He is not a one dimensional candidate.

CAKochenash
09-11-2007, 05:25 PM

this program is great!!! thx

drednot
09-11-2007, 05:30 PM
I was negative about his performance in the O'Reilly debate, but I'm positive about this piece.

It got many of his strong points across:

* Platform based on Constitution
* Massive Internet presence
* Winning some straw polls
* Different breed of politician

Most viewers aren't aware of these points, therefore the fact that less positive info also got out is secondary.

It also had a positive photo-montage in the background, (him on a tractor, him with Reagan), which compares favorably with shots of rocket-wielding masked militants during the O'Reilly piece.

PaleoForPaul
09-11-2007, 05:32 PM
This piece was - dare I say it - fair and balanced. Great coverage, I would welcome a piece like this any day of the week. They did not make any false claims or misquote him. It was not a hit piece, but if you all keep complaining to the media about every single story they run, they will simply stop running stories.

I'm usually the one telling people not to be too crazy with the claims of bias.

This was a slanted piece, they took both his debate quotes out of context, and gave both Huckabee and Rudy the last word, when in fact Paul retorted both of them.

Heck, the Huckabee piece made it look like Paul was only taking a stand against Iraq because he didn't want the Republicans to lose elections.

It's like a 'This is the Ron Paul guy, and this is why you don't want to vote for him' piece.

PaleoForPaul
09-11-2007, 05:34 PM
I was negative about his performance in the O'Reilly debate, but I'm positive about this piece.

It got many of his strong points across:

* Platform based on Constitution
* Massive Internet presence
* Winning some straw polls
* Different breed of politician

Every politician claims to be for the constitution.

His internet presence, straw poll wins, or being a 'different breed' means nothing. None of those are his platform.

If they came out and said he's Pro-Life, Pro-Gun, Pro-Border Security and Anti-Iraq War, then I might buy into it being positive.

I still think it was a 'here is the Ron Paul guy you heard about, look at these debate clips where he blames America for 9/11, and cares more about the Republicans winning elections then winning Iraq'.

It's a subtle hit piece, but it's just that.

Paulitician
09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
It wasn't as objective as it could have been but I get no negative feelings about this (it's definitely no hit piece). Sure it's propaganda but it's still coverage, and that's more important.

Ridiculous
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
I'm usually the one telling people not to be too crazy with the claims of bias.

This was a slanted piece, they took both his debate quotes out of context, and gave both Huckabee and Rudy the last word, when in fact Paul retorted both of them.

Heck, the Huckabee piece made it look like Paul was only taking a stand against Iraq because he didn't want the Republicans to lose elections.

It's like a 'This is the Ron Paul guy, and this is why you don't want to vote for him' piece.

You hit the nail right on the head.

speciallyblend
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
It wasn't as objective as it could have been but I get no negative feelings about this (it's definitely no hit piece). Sure it's propaganda but it's still coverage, and that's more important.

yeppers