PDA

View Full Version : Audio Link For Sep 11, 2007 Ron Pauls Johns Hopkins Appearance

inibo
09-11-2007, 02:42 PM
I haven't listened to it yet. They just put it up
Listen Online: http://www.sais-jhu.edu/mp3_player/fall2007/ronpaul091107.htm
Download: http://www.sais-jhu.edu/media/sept2007/ronpaul091107.mp3

Delivered4000
09-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Thanks! I've been waiting for this one

Abobo
09-11-2007, 02:55 PM
Thank you! Listening to it now :)

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 03:10 PM
If this mp3 really is of the speech I heard today then...

Get this on your ipod and have friends who havent heard of Dr. Paul listen to it. Burn it on to CD's so that people can listen to it in the car on their way to work. CD's cost nothing these days and this was a great speech. We can hand out these CD's at events too. I hope it includes the Q and A afterward.

slantedview
09-11-2007, 03:13 PM
word! thanks!

enter`name`here
09-11-2007, 03:19 PM
wow excellent stuff one of his best appearances.

wolv275
09-11-2007, 03:58 PM
Great speech.

inibo
09-11-2007, 04:04 PM
If this mp3 really is of the speech I heard today then...

Get this on your ipod and have friends who havent heard of Dr. Paul listen to it. Burn it on to CD's so that people can listen to it in the car on their way to work. CD's cost nothing these days and this was a great speech. We can hand out these CD's at events too. I hope it includes the Q and A afterward.

Yep, it's the one. It's on the JHU SAIS home page

http://www.sais-jhu.edu/

Congressman Ron Paul, Republican candidate for president, speaks at SAIS

On Tuesday, September 11, the SAIS Center on Politics and Foreign Relations (CPFR) and the Financial Times hosted an event with congressman and residential candidate Ron Paul, entitled "A Traditional Non-Intervention Foreign Policy."

Congressman Paul provided keynote remarks, followed by questions from CPFR's director Robert Guttman, the Financial Times White House correspondent Andrew Ward and members of the audience.

Click here (http://www.sais-jhu.edu/pubaffairs/media_events/Media_Advisories/MA2007/paul091107.html) for more information.

Click here (http://www.sais-jhu.edu/mp3_player/fall2007/ronpaul091107.htm) to download or listen to audio of this event.

inibo
09-11-2007, 04:05 PM
wow excellent stuff one of his best appearances.

Well, it was my first time seeing him in person. It was most definitely worth $14 in cab fair.

emilysdad
09-11-2007, 04:19 PM
Both the speech and the Q&A were excellent. Very intellegent questions and of course intellegent answers. Lot's of topics discussed. I finally got my parents to look at Ron a few weeks ago. I am sending them this and believe they will convert. This type of speaking arrangement is where Ron really shines. When given time to explain his views, it all makes sense.

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Im making a couple of CD's of it tonight for people who I know, that know of RP, but need some more info. This way they can listen to it in their car, or put it on their ipod.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 04:22 PM
was it a full house?

billm317
09-11-2007, 04:26 PM
Im making a couple of CD's of it tonight for people who I know, that know of RP, but need some more info. This way they can listen to it in their car, or put it on their ipod.

very good idea! i think i will do the same

this is a solid interview
well worth the listen
he goes in depth on a lot of issues

richard1984
09-11-2007, 05:03 PM
Woo! Yeah! That was excellent.

I think that being on the Factor yesterday gave him an extra burst of energy/inspiration. Not only did a guy in my philosophy of science class tell me that he thought Ron Paul out debated Billy (and after talking to him for a few minutes and giving him a Ron Paul card, I think that he is really interested :D), but this is definitely one of the best audio records of Dr. Paul. I've been craving some more good, substantial speeches/interviews (too much of those Faux "News" tactics), and Pres. Paul delivered!

If Dr. Paul can have such a positive, energetic response (and we must remember that this is an audience of intellectuals--they're busy listening and thinking/using their minds, so hand clapping is extra and a real compliment) in that crowd, just imagine the potential--Ron Paul is a true treasure.

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 05:07 PM
was it a full house?

Yes it was, another RP attendee reported that the host (an important figure in SAIS but I forget his exact role) said to him while talking after the speech that in his years of hosting speakers he's never seen such an enthusiastic audience.

Many RP supporters (like me) took time off work to come to this event, so Id guess it was 75% SAIS people 25% RP supporters.

Brasil Branco
09-11-2007, 05:14 PM
Interesting, but I got lost with the passports bit and I wish he answered the question concerning Latin America.

Noog
09-11-2007, 05:33 PM
Great! Thanks for the link...

Mr. White
09-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Interesting, but I got lost with the passports bit and I wish he answered the question concerning Latin America.

Ditto, I'm actually kind of pissed that he skipped it and went for the softball.

quickmike
09-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Dr Rep. Ron Paul is not the only candidate with a grass roots following. Rep. Tom Tancredo also has a grass roots following. The single biggest difference between them is that Rep. Tom Tancredo’s grass root followers are stronger and more Divinely Inspired by the Lord God.

Freaks!!

As if any god would use his powers to inspire people to vote for a poitical candidate.

LOL

Stealth4
09-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Ditto, I'm actually kind of pissed that he skipped it and went for the softball.

IIRC that question on latin america was very vague and not structured at all. I think were it a defined question it would have been answered. Also IIRC that guy asked two almost unrelated questions at the same time.

axiomata
09-11-2007, 06:41 PM
This is an example of RP on his A-game.

inibo
09-11-2007, 07:44 PM

I agree. He did not address that question at all. I was a little disappointed about that myself. I really would have liked to hear him address that one.

My only criticism of his answers was there were a couple were he didn't really clearly address exactly what was asked. The big difference between him and his lightweight competition is that he wasn't evading the questions, it seemed he didn't really get what it was that the questioner was asking.

billm317
09-11-2007, 10:05 PM
it seemed he didn't really get what it was that the questioner was asking.

and times when the question needed to be repeated, so maybe the audio wasn't the best... either way, this is definitely something to listen to

0zzy
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
How Long?

CMoore
09-11-2007, 10:08 PM
This was absolutely awesome. Is there another candidate in the race who would address an audience and take unscreened questions? Maybe, but I'll bet none of the "front runners" would.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 10:09 PM
What was the question? ;)

billm317
09-11-2007, 10:16 PM
How Long?

it's pretty long
he talks for awhile and then takes some questions
he got a chance to go into depth in areas he doesn't often get a chance to

inibo
09-11-2007, 10:23 PM
How Long?

The entire event was about an hour. He spoke for around twenty to twenty-five minutes then answered about 10 questions.

BTW, if anyone wants here are a couple of pictures I took. They're not great, but it is a cheap camera and I was so gassed just being there that I really wasn't really concentrating on what I was doing.

http://openqbl.org/preview/ron_paul_070911_01_1024.jpg

http://openqbl.org/preview/ron_paul_070911_02a.jpg

RP4ME
09-11-2007, 10:27 PM
AWWWW! He posed for you in the first! Loff him. Thats so awesome. Did someone say he is coming to Baltimore to speak or is that teh debates? If you know when he will next be in VA/MD please post.... you were front and center werent you?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 10:55 PM
I liked the speech. I just think he needs to lay off saying "old right" so much, uninformed people will be thinking it's back to the days of segregation or something lol. There's no shame in being a libertarian...a moderate libertarian at the least

how is he pro life anyway? He wants the states to decide.. doesn't that make him abortion neutral?

ThePieSwindler
09-11-2007, 11:08 PM
I liked the speech. I just think he needs to lay off saying "old right" so much, uninformed people will be thinking it's back to the days of segregation or something lol. There's no shame in being a libertarian...a moderate libertarian at the least

???Huh??? Southern socially conservative democrats were generally the main proponents of segregation and racism... many republicans were also abolitionists. Do you mean segregation as in, the 60s?

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
???Huh??? Southern socially conservative democrats were generally the main proponents of segregation and racism... many republicans were also abolitionists. Do you mean segregation as in, the 60s?

popular opinion is that right wingers did it. Remember? Americans don't remember anything and the world remembers everything lol I did say the uninformed though. I hope that Ron Paul will begin to refer to his social views as libertarian more often, then maybe swing it around and talk about his beliefs in strong fiscal conservatism. I don't know why people continue to call Ron Paul a right winger when he obviously wants to leave the abortion debate to the states and not slap down a federal ban lol I mean.. Ron Paul doesn't like drugs, so are you going to say he's hard on drugs? common sense

0zzy
09-11-2007, 11:22 PM
What the hell is wrong with the kid at the end? Illegal immigrants don't get benefits? What? He doesn't know what he's talking about! :[

0zzy
09-11-2007, 11:23 PM

how is he pro life anyway? He wants the states to decide.. doesn't that make him abortion neutral?

Abortion Neutral lol :). That's a new one! :D

JosephTheLibertarian
09-11-2007, 11:25 PM
Abortion Neutral lol :). That's a new one! :D

ha. I guess I'm a trend setter :p I hope I'll get the credit if it catches on. I'm abortion neutral myself... leave it to the states ;)

inibo
09-12-2007, 12:14 AM
AWWWW! He posed for you in the first! Loff him. Thats so awesome. Did someone say he is coming to Baltimore to speak or is that teh debates? If you know when he will next be in VA/MD please post.... you were front and center werent you?

Yes, he will be at Morgan State University on the 27th. Tickets can be picked up on the 17. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16726

Yes, I was.

Brasil Branco
09-12-2007, 03:20 AM
I really liked the end where he schooled the pompous university prick about the monetary system. I'm pretty sure NO other candidate would be able to do something like that.

I liked it because it differs from other politicians because he doesn't bring up the words "honour", "hope", and "progress" every ten seconds.

billm317
09-12-2007, 01:32 PM
bump
this is good stuff

drednot
09-12-2007, 01:47 PM
I liked it because it differs from other politicians because he doesn't bring up the words "honour", "hope", and "progress" every ten seconds.

Yes, he tends to use more concrete words regarding our foreign policy such as "bankrupt", "illegal", and "dead". :D

UCFGavin
09-13-2007, 11:30 AM
did we ever get a youtube video of this? i was looking earlier and couldn't find anything.

billm317
09-13-2007, 12:28 PM
as someone mentioned, it'd be a great idea to burn this mp3 onto CDs and hand em out